HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2013, 06:56 PM
Joined Apr 2005
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBarlow View Post
What would be the point of a magnetometer?
To avoid drift...? And because we can...
danzbox is offline Find More Posts by danzbox
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2013, 07:00 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,702 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzbox View Post
To avoid drift...? And because we can...
Bravo

There is no Micro out with a magnetometer ... HK just copy this board from somewhere .. and they miss a good opportunity for be "innovative" ... even if there is no much innovation left on the quad space .. walkera did all the main pionering in the micro quad world
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old May 03, 2013, 07:23 PM
Joined Apr 2005
23 Posts
Innovative it is - not! There is no innovation after the AR Drone was out and GPS was implemented. Automatic landing and take-off, Video transmission, smartphone use. FPV fighting and racing.
But is it a copy? Looks more like a nice combination of everything. Why did the make holes in the arms and were is the source code.
Old May 03, 2013, 07:25 PM
Joined Mar 2008
521 Posts

DSM2 I want this to go with my DX6i

But what is this

Are we looking at jumper switches? or small buttons?

Can any tech guru tell us guys what the (jumper switches or small buttons) do

THR
VCC
GND
MOSI/ROLL
MISO/PITCH
SCK/YAW
D8/AUX1

Please tell us (tech guru guys) what do the (jumper switches or small buttons) DO??
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Last edited by richos; May 03, 2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old May 03, 2013, 07:48 PM
No place like cloud base......
United States, VT
Joined Aug 2012
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
1st it is damn cheap .. 1 or 2$ .. since a 5883 module shipped on ebay cost 4$

2nd , because multiwii support it natively

3rd because you can fly head free

4th because these micro quad if flown outdoor orientation can be a challange, so havig head locked or a switch to go back to the priginal orientation is a big plus

Well explained. If you wanted to, could you splice in a magnetometer?
SuperBarlow is online now Find More Posts by SuperBarlow
Old May 04, 2013, 12:11 AM
Joined Jan 2010
494 Posts
Very excited about this. I'm usually a guy who likes to wait and read reviews, but I went ahead and ordered this almost immediately.

After using a buddy code it was only $43.xx

Don't understand why they put a hole in each arm though, seems like it will weaken the arm, and that will probably the the place it breaks if it does.

Richos: Those just look like solder pads, nothing most people will ever even touch, but could make potential mods easier.
carl1864 is offline Find More Posts by carl1864
Old May 04, 2013, 12:37 AM
Stoyan Zhekov
Japan, Osaka Prefecture, Osaka
Joined Dec 2012
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richos View Post

Please tell us (tech guru guys) what do the (jumper switches or small buttons) DO??
I think this is just a picture without soldered pins, so these are not switches or buttons but just a regular pin holes for the receiver.
zhesto is offline Find More Posts by zhesto
Old May 04, 2013, 05:40 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,702 Posts
Quote:
Well explained. If you wanted to, could you splice in a magnetometer?
I did not check the pics of the boards .. but even assuming i2c pins (sda sdc) are not exposed it should not be a big issue to add a magnetometer or a high def baro (this will allow alt hold)

But it will be a little bit more messed up board

5883 for the cost and size should have been there on first place

Anyhow these type of board are sold on ebay since agees .. but HK bundle with a dsm2 rx (maybe they have a huge stock, or possible is an acknoled that dsm is the most popular radio (folk too often follow marketing bullshit and not the best value for bucks) .. and put a ready package for a good price

Anyhow once the qbot get hacked and a new firmware .. the micro qbot is a better quad under every aspect

No 5883 and useless dsm2 rx is a bug NO from my side ... but I'm aware I am not the best and proper customer to be target
e_lm_70 is online now Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old May 04, 2013, 06:18 AM
Joined Apr 2005
23 Posts
Quote:
I did not check the pics of the boards .. but even assuming i2c pins (sda sdc) are not exposed it should not be a big issue to add a magnetometer or a high def baro (this will allow alt hold)
D
Oh man you are right, did not see that SDA and SDC are not available as Pins. Could be nasty soldering...
Old May 04, 2013, 06:24 AM
Joined Apr 2005
23 Posts
Quote:
Anyhow these type of board are sold on ebay since agees ..
Anyhow once the qbot get hacked and a new firmware .. the micro qbot is a better quad under every aspect
Agreed, under what name or title is this Poket quad sold in ebay? Haven't seen them yet...
Old May 04, 2013, 06:27 AM
Joined Apr 2005
23 Posts
Does anybody know how to adress brushed motors? Is there anything to be done in the code or is the Multiwii PWM outputsignal, that would normally go into ESCs, just an input into FETs? If there are no adjustments is should be pretty easy to upload new sketches.
Old May 04, 2013, 07:20 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Two mayor huge mistake

1 No 5883 magnetormeter
2 Package with DSM2 rx (a waste cost for who use better gears then DX)

1 agreed but that empty square of solder pads might be where you could solder a mag? if not i2c bob?

2 agreed too but they gotta sell that cheap orange rx stuff somehow i guess? i found this in Jan "without" the rx so im sure you could too if you wanted? ( i ordered from goodluckbuy and got robbed i,e NOTHING shipped so i wouldnt recommend buy it from there even though it is $35 delivered there)
neobot is offline Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 04, 2013, 07:22 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
What would be the point of a magnetometer?
carefree mode
Old May 04, 2013, 07:30 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzbox View Post
Multiwii Code consists of 14 (text) files and Hobbyking or anybody else needs to modify them to make it work. It does not work on its own. At least you have to alter config.h and def.h to put it on a PNF Quad like this.
If you really want to make it PNF you will need to put the right PID values into the EEPROM as well.
That makes a minimum of three files modified by Hobbyking before shipping. And as Multiwii is published under GPLv3 I assume they have to make those modifications available as well as mentioning the original author/project and date. It is required and it is usefull for all of us:

From my point of view I don't care about the legal stuff, but thanks to HK legendary lack of documentation and support it would be great to have these files so that we can modify them to our own likes. Be it a magnet sensor or PPM SUM instead of normal PPM or the DSM2 satellite.
If they don't publish it is a trial and error until we have those files figured out, starting with Sensor orientation and PIN assignment if they did sth special here.

I already have the Hobbyking MultiWii Lite V1.0 Flight Controller and believe it or not they were dumb enough to ship it with the wrong sensor orientation . The only thing you can do is to reflash it with the right settings. As it is a multipurpose standard board it was no problem to figure it out, but with this ALL-in-Board...
hobbyking will just make the board and if your lucky put multiwii "stock" on it they expect people like me to buy and then put up a video showing "you" how i did it so you can copy it i doubt they will even bother to fly it themselves tune each mode then upload working files

they aint ever done it before for any of the other multiwii boards they sell? didnt even bother to do that with the kk2 board? and they got Kaptain K to help them make that board? what happened? KK went off and reworked the software himself THEN HK started uploading old files
Old May 04, 2013, 07:44 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richos View Post

THR :
VCC:
GND:

the three above mean you can connect ANY PPM-SUM rx

if you want to use a "normal" rx you would connect each channels "signal" wire here
i,e
ROLL:
PITCH:
THR :
YAW:
and a black and red wire to power the rx would go here
VCC:
GND:

if you broke the usb you could still program the board with
MOSI:
MISO:
SCK:
RESET:
VCC:
GND:

if you wanted to change flying mode you would add aux channel with a switch here
D8/AUX1

very simple stuff when you know what each means eh?