Old May 02, 2013, 08:42 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
Interesting. Pretty! Real?
Indeed... I wonder if these will run OpenTX like the FrSky line?
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My OpenTX Taranis templates...
Old May 02, 2013, 11:11 AM
Joined Feb 2005
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
Indeed... I wonder if these will run OpenTX like the FrSky line?
Would love it if they did, but, last I heard, the developers of Open and ER have not received any specs or units yet, and the change in UI and display might make it not worth the effort to port. But, we shall see....

Be nice to see some specs and/or release dates and/or target pricing.

Cheers,

Wreno
AdmEd is offline Find More Posts by AdmEd
Last edited by AdmEd; May 02, 2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old May 02, 2013, 11:55 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
Real?
Real in a way they are not 3D renderings but working prototypes. FS is developing new gear and some field photos of the i10 can be found on their website. They have a new rf protocol with telemetry, s-bus etc already running in their ground radio it4.
B12 is offline Find More Posts by B12
Old May 02, 2013, 12:59 PM
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
679 Posts
The location of the trims is horrible IMHO. I like the trims to be right near the gimbals; makes it easier to trim out while in flight.
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old May 14, 2013, 01:59 AM
Joined Mar 2009
7 Posts
you can find it: www.flysky-cn.com
amingc76 is offline Find More Posts by amingc76
Old May 20, 2013, 10:11 AM
Joined Jan 2009
8 Posts
It uses the same protocol of AFHDS 2 as the iT4, so for now it sucks bad. I have 3 IT4 I bought for testing. While telemetry sounds nice, the failsafe is not trustfull and you have to rebind each time you change model HAHAHA! Thats correct, it stores the model memory and settings but it can only be binded to a unique RX per time, so if you plan on using the radio on more than 1 model, prepare yourself. It does not bin to the old AFHDS protocol. Hope they change this in the future, as for now my iT4 are getting dust on my table, back to the Sanwa MT4.
quintilio is offline Find More Posts by quintilio
Old Dec 30, 2013, 08:14 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2013
131 Posts
firmware is offline Find More Posts by firmware
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 30, 2014, 05:27 PM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Sep 2011
885 Posts
Hobbypartz.com should have a bunch in stock soon. I was just there an our samples came. We just have to put them through our tests.

My first thoughts they feel great in my hands. Gimbals are smooth and feel expensive. Programming on the touch screen was super simple. I didn't like that there is no option for Jr modules in the back.
Johnnymeg is offline Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2014, 11:06 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,273 Posts
subscribed
ridge_racer is online now Find More Posts by ridge_racer
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:55 PM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,015 Posts
Always interested in hearing about new stuff.
aeajr is online now Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:20 PM
RC Warjet
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2013
569 Posts
They are selling so well Amazon dropped the price $75, and Flysky won't answer emails. What a joke of a company.
Warjet1950 is offline Find More Posts by Warjet1950
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warjet1950 View Post
They are selling so well Amazon dropped the price $75, and Flysky won't answer emails. What a joke of a company.
I think its more of an issue with them not providing much support on our end and the availability of the i-bus rxs. Even their new 10 channel rx which is sold separate that has telemetry is kinda pricey for semi unestablished radio company. Nevertheless I bit the bullet and decided to try it out since I never really was interested in OpenTX for my 9x. The gimbals really do feel so much better than the 9x and just the overall feel and weight in your hands is actually pretty good. It binds with the old rxs so I didn't need to buy new ones. The menus are really easy to navigate. Also tried it with Phoenix RC and works fine. Not sure yet on battery life but seems that it might not be as long as I would like. So as of right now I would only recommend getting this radio if you like the Turnigy firmware mostly for the 9x but don't like the gimbals or feel of the radio and also still use flysky rxs since there is no JR module slot..
ridge_racer is online now Find More Posts by ridge_racer