HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2013, 09:27 AM
United States, VA, Louisa
Joined Jan 2013
23 Posts
I freaked out a little first time I experienced this, but reading page 10 in the manual shed some light -

Advanced-Motor-Stop-Type:

Notes of Intelligent Mode
(1) In ATTI. / GPS ATTI. Mode, it has landing judgment, which will stop motors.
(2) Start motors in ATTI. / GPS ATTI. Mode, you have to execute CSC and then push throttle stick
over 10% in 3 seconds, otherwise motors will stop after 3 seconds.
(3) During normal flight, only pull throttle stick under 10% will not stop motors in any control mode.
(4) For safety reason, when the slope angle of multi-rotor is over 70 during the flight in ATTI. / GPS ATTI. Mode (may be caused by collision, motor and ESC error or propeller broken down),
and throttle stick is under 10%, motors will stop automatically.

Notes of Intelligent Mode & Immediately Mode
(1) If you choose the Immediately Mode, you should not pull throttle stick under 10% during flight,
because it will stop motors. If you do it accidentally, you should push the throttle stick over 10% in
5s to re-start motors.
(2) DO NOT execute the CSC during normal flight without any reason, or it will stop motors at once.
(1) If you choose the Intelligent mode, and the throttle stick is under 10%, this will trigger the landing
Procedure, in any control mode. In this judgment, pitch, roll and yaw controls are denied except
the throttle, but multi-rotor will still auto level.
(2) In any control mode, DO NOT pull throttle stick under 10% during normal flight without any
reason.
(1) Any of these two cut off types will only work properly if TX calibration is correct done.
(2) In failed-safe, CSC is denied by the main controller, motors will hold their state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkonline View Post
Hi guys! I'm a little confused! Help, please!

I made oktokopter with Naza-m v2, and everything is fine, BUT!

It runs very abnormal - I am starting by CSC and then nothing - motors do not start...
After, when I quickly increase the gas up to 50% - only in this case - motors start, and if I reduce the gas - they switched off.
BUT!))) If I waited for 5 seconds, I can reduce gas to 11% and everything works. And I can fly..

I think - maybe NAZA broken, but everything other works perfectly, flies well, etc.
I do not even know "where to look."
In the Remote-Control there are default settings gas from -100% to +100% and no any trim, etc.
And I have Naza-M v2 Firmware v3.12.

Heeelppp!)
Suzukistreet is offline Find More Posts by Suzukistreet
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2013, 09:31 AM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,898 Posts
Just a little note, I was test flying my HAL with v2 NAZA and gps and though I would test the zero throttle in flight decent limiter............all motors cut off and it fell like a stone......full throttle and recovered really well.......these are my findings but I have the throttle set to immediate off and not intelligent.....I'm guessing this is the reason for the falling stone act.
blackbrabus is offline Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Old Jun 26, 2013, 09:36 AM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrabus View Post
Just a little note, I was test flying my HAL with v2 NAZA and gps and though I would test the zero throttle in flight decent limiter............all motors cut off and it fell like a stone......full throttle and recovered really well.......these are my findings but I have the throttle set to immediate off and not intelligent.....I'm guessing this is the reason for the falling stone act.
(1) If you choose the Immediately Mode, you should not pull throttle stick under 10% during flight,
because it will stop motors.
If you do it accidentally, you should push the throttle stick over 10% in
5s to re-start motors.

Seems reasonable for a mode named "IMMEDIATELY".
kallend is offline Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Old Jun 26, 2013, 09:45 AM
If it flies.....I can crash it
United Kingdom, England, Preston on Stour
Joined Nov 2011
2,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend View Post
because it will stop motors.
If you do it accidentally, you should push the throttle stick over 10% in
5s to re-start motors.

Seems reasonable for a mode named "IMMEDIATELY".
yep. I absoutly $h!t myself......then remebered I had it set to immediate
blackbrabus is offline Find More Posts by blackbrabus
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:24 AM
Empire Hobbies Support
Joined May 2013
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkonline View Post
Hi guys! I'm a little confused! Help, please!

I made oktokopter with Naza-m v2, and everything is fine, BUT!

It runs very abnormal - I am starting by CSC and then nothing - motors do not start...
After, when I quickly increase the gas up to 50% - only in this case - motors start, and if I reduce the gas - they switched off.
BUT!))) If I waited for 5 seconds, I can reduce gas to 11% and everything works. And I can fly..

I think - maybe NAZA broken, but everything other works perfectly, flies well, etc.
I do not even know "where to look."
In the Remote-Control there are default settings gas from -100% to +100% and no any trim, etc.
And I have Naza-M v2 Firmware v3.12.

Heeelppp!)
If you are using other brand ESC than DJI, please make sure you calibrate each ESC to your TX.
Empire Support 3 is offline Find More Posts by Empire Support 3
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:03 AM
Joined Jun 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbutcher View Post
To answer your question, my understanding is you can still use a Naza V2 in ATTI mode regardess of if the GPS is fitted or not. So you should be able to either disable it or fit it after your one off trip.
Hi,

Thanks for your input.
My question was if i can use atti mode without the LED and PMU?
( i will not use the gps unit on that one off trip regardless)

Basically it comes down to whether i should go for the v1, or the v2.
It's a matter of number of units i'd have to install to use the atti mode.

Also - The PMU and LED on the v2 - do they have to be mounted in a specific way? As in horizontal? or could they be mounted vertical without any issues.

Your help is really appreciated :-)

Br,
Dennis
djp321 is offline Find More Posts by djp321
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:15 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djp321 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your input.
My question was if i can use atti mode without the LED and PMU?
( i will not use the gps unit on that one off trip regardless)

Basically it comes down to whether i should go for the v1, or the v2.
It's a matter of number of units i'd have to install to use the atti mode.

Also - The PMU and LED on the v2 - do they have to be mounted in a specific way? As in horizontal? or could they be mounted vertical without any issues.

Your help is really appreciated :-)

Br,
Dennis
I would get the V2, your then up to date with DJI. You can place the PMU and LED any way you see fit to accommodate your other electronics, just make sure your Naza FC is properly oriented with the front of the aircraft.
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:53 AM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire Support 3 View Post
If you are using other brand ESC than DJI, please make sure you calibrate each ESC to your TX.
Does this still have to be done if you have replaced the original TX with the same brand and model as the original one? My first one bit the dust, and have purchased a second one.

Thanks

- - david
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:29 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,016 Posts
Leave Nothing To Chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by daskim View Post
Does this still have to be done if you have replaced the original TX with the same brand and model as the original one? My first one bit the dust, and have purchased a second one.
Thanks
- - david
In view of the abnormal behavior several pilot's are reporting, if you change any component, I'd recommend that you reset everything...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 26, 2013, 12:34 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
In view of the abnormal behavior several pilot's are reporting, if you change any component, I'd recommend that you reset everything...
Man, I wish flying were a little more predictable than what it has become.

thanks

- - david
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:02 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
5,016 Posts
Details...

Quote:
thanks
- - david
FWIW, even if there were no issues, I'd personally still reset everything.
I'm not saying that covering as many details as possible eliminates issues, but it surely reduces their likelihood...
I'm one of the fortunate pilots that have not had problems.
And I'm pretty OCD about the details...
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:11 PM
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
I look a it like the Mac/PC dynamic. Macs work great right out of the box, but that's heavily influenced by the fact that try control the hardware tightly, so there are less places to go wrong. PCs are very customizable but that also makes them more prone to failures and conflicts. If you are to buy a Phantom, odds are good that it'll fly right out of the box. If you buy all different components and put it together yourself, odds are you'll have to debug it before it flies perfectly.

Quote:

thanks

- - david
dartmouth01 is offline Find More Posts by dartmouth01
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:14 PM
Joined Oct 2012
1,806 Posts
I agree.

I just thought replacing one TX with a second identical TX wouldn't necessitate going through a second throttle calibration.

- - david
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:21 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
5,016 Posts
Everybody Has One...

Quote:
I agree.
I just thought replacing one TX with a second identical TX wouldn't necessitate going through a second throttle calibration.
- - david
You asked for opinions.
I gave you mine.
If you really feel a second identical TX won't necessitate going through a second throttle calibration, it won't hurt my feelings if you don't.
I am not one of those posters that goes berserk if you choose to go your own way...
In fact, it will be interesting to see how it works out.
All will most likely go well.
Are you feeling lucky?
I even promise not to say "I told you so..."
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 26, 2013, 01:27 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,644 Posts
Does anyone here know what the original default factory settings are in the 30A OPTO ESC's or where to locate this information? It would be good to know so people can set their parameters in the ESC's purchased from other manufactures exactly like DJI sent them to us. Note: the ESC's coming from DJI cannot be adjusted. Thanks!
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK