SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

Rifle 1M: Almost Ready-To-Fly 1-Meter Sport Electric

Check out this ARF, available in mid-May!

Splash

130+ mph* adrenaline rush!

The original, 31” span Great Planes Rifle scored big with pilots looking for fast, full-throttle fun…without needing expensive electronics and spending hours in the workshop prior to flight. This one-meter version offers a larger size for improved handling and visibility, plus even faster speeds. It all adds up to a lot of adrenaline-pumping aircraft action!

All speeds shown are the average at sea level when using the power setup indicated.

• Reaches 130+ mph (209 km/h) using the recommended “speed” power setup.
  • Optional “sport” power setup delivers impressive performance in a 90-100 mph (145-161 km/h) range.
  • Dual aileron servos increase precision and allow flaperon/spoileron mixing for a wider flight envelope.
  • Lightweight, durable composite construction.
  • Low parts count and prehinged control surfaces offer fast, easy assembly.
  • Includes machined aluminum spinner and complete hardware.
  • Bright, high-visibility trim scheme

Factory-cut inlets and exits allow air to pass through the battery compartment and keep onboard electronics cool. The machined aluminum spinner is included as part of the model’s hardware package.

The Rifle 1M can be flown with widely available, economical electronics. Removing the wing allows easy access to the on-board compartment.

Final assembly requires very little time and effort. Both the wing and stabilizer bolt into place and align automatically. All control surfaces are factory-hinged.

The Rifle 1M features lightweight, durable fiberglass and foam composite construction. Its large, one-meter wing has broad black stripes on the bottom — helping you follow its orientation and stay cool and calm at the controls.

Stock Number: GPMA1806 Description: Rifle 1M ARF Advertised Price................... $159.99

To Learn More

Discussion

Old May 02, 2013, 06:57 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,863 Posts
Not a sailplane, but hotlinner

Ive considered the rifle in the past, and my thoughts where, " you will lose sight of it, it's so small". Time to reconsider.
capt soap is online now Find More Posts by capt soap
Old May 03, 2013, 04:05 AM
Suspended Account
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Sep 2011
510 Posts
I had the original rifle and she was difficult to keep track of. I would lose it and put it into loops until I found it again. Didn't work finally, and lost it into the deck. Will definitely be getting one of these
bwbkx125 is offline Find More Posts by bwbkx125
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 03, 2013, 07:17 AM
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Aug 2011
847 Posts
I had the small one and it was too hard for me to track at speed this big one should be fun !
xrx1113 is online now Find More Posts by xrx1113
Old May 03, 2013, 09:20 AM
Joined Mar 2008
8 Posts
quality control is questionable.. I hope they fix it this time.. my mates had two of the rifles.. both had wings twisted out of the box.. causing the aircraft difficult to trim
electrosphere is offline Find More Posts by electrosphere
Old May 03, 2013, 09:26 AM
Joined Mar 2008
8 Posts
quality control is questionable.. I hope they fix it this time.. my mates had two of the rifles.. both had wings twisted out of the box.. causing the aircraft difficult to trim
electrosphere is offline Find More Posts by electrosphere
Old May 03, 2013, 10:45 AM
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2008
568 Posts
I had the original rifle (second version with all the factory mods) and liked it.. But it developed stress fractures visible on the wing an tail after the first flight. Visibility was an issue, but that was a given right away. I really enjoyed it and hope this one makes up for all the issues the first one presented. But like most planes, you are buying a sport plane - not a $1000 competition machine.
samson55 is offline Find More Posts by samson55
Old May 03, 2013, 10:49 AM
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2008
568 Posts
Oh yeah - post a video!!
samson55 is offline Find More Posts by samson55
Old May 03, 2013, 11:19 AM
We shall serve the Lord
United States, TX, Kingsland
Joined Sep 2005
5,039 Posts
I saw them flying at SEFF 2013 last week and they were very nice! The Hobbico guys had both the original and the new larger version. The new version was much better behaved on the launch and a lot easier to see at speed. This one is on my "To Buy" list!!

McD
kingsflyer is online now Find More Posts by kingsflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Old May 03, 2013, 11:50 AM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,447 Posts
Yeah the original rifle was a tad too small (but insanely fast). Could have used some "training wings" (i.e wing set with more surface area). This one is just the right size.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old May 03, 2013, 12:45 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jun 2004
211 Posts
What am I missing....

Guys and Gals,
.....this is a warm-liner....NOT a sailplane, no flaps, no spoilers, NO ability to catch a thermal.....it DOES NOT belong in this area of discussion.

If this stays....can I also post about my ex-mother-in-law HERE?

BCNU
Bruce
Bruce1 is offline Find More Posts by Bruce1
Old May 03, 2013, 07:02 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,724 Posts
Yes.............actually is a pylon racer..............
shhhhh! is offline Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old May 03, 2013, 09:03 PM
Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2009
1,167 Posts
Hope this one has better quality in the wings, fuse and T-tail linkage setup. I went through three of these models; two lost due to flying them too high (vertical climbing outs). The third blew up while DSing at only 100 mph; the model can do straight line speed runs over 100, just can't handle shear layer.

BTW- I have two T-tails available if anyone is interested.
LVSloper is offline Find More Posts by LVSloper
Old May 04, 2013, 06:02 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
4,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce1 View Post

If this stays....can I also post about my ex-mother-in-law HERE?
She's a bird of time, so yes.
Matt Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2013, 06:49 PM
Joined Nov 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Ive considered the rifle in the past, and my thoughts where, " you will lose sight of it, it's so small". Time to reconsider.
if using the recommended setups, it is not a hotliner but a sport pylon racer
rcfisherman is offline Find More Posts by rcfisherman