SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

VENOM® Pro Charger 2

Check out this new product!

Splash

Available May 15th!

Venom is proud to introduce the follow-up to the wildly successful Pro Charger series. The Venom Pro Charger 2 has a new ergonomic case design and features an integrated power supply, on-board balance block and supports charging rates up to 6.0amps. This AC/DC powered multi-chemistry charger is micro processor controlled, fan cooled and can handle Lithium batteries up to 6S, NiMH/NiCd batteries from 1-15cells and Lead Acid batteries from 1-10 cells (2v to 20v).

The Venom Pro2 also boasts many high end features such as multiple discharge profiles, internal resistance testing and recallable memory profiles for up to five of your most commonly used batteries. The Venom Pro2 also comes with nine of the most popular charging leads including Traxxas®, Deans, EC3, EC5, Tamiya®, receiver pack, JST, alligator clips and glow plug adapter for trouble free connection to the most popular batteries on the market. This feature rich charger is worthy of the Pro Charger pedigree and comes to you at a reasonable price.

Part # 677

Description: Venom Pro Charger 2

Retail Price: $ 69.99

Note: Retail Prices are for US Customers Only

Venom products can be found at hobby shops throughout the U.S. and over forty-five countries worldwide.

Learn More Here

Discussion

Old May 02, 2013, 10:36 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,381 Posts
I certainly would like to see more chargers like this in the future, with built in power supplies; it is a nice step forward and less clutter at the field and on the bench.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Old May 03, 2013, 05:21 PM
Joined Jan 2013
49 Posts
Its called the "pro"2 and charges up to 6 amps. Just too funny. Guess if your using venoms pos batteries that can only handle a 1c charge then it might be OK. I'm far from a pro and this charger is weak IMO. Sorry if that rustles some feathers but every venom battery I've ever bought failed on me in one way or another so I'd never buy anything from atomic RC...ever
1911kevin is offline Find More Posts by 1911kevin
Old May 04, 2013, 01:10 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,674 Posts
Looks a lot like the famous B6 with built in power supply and slightly upgraded power as the 6A charge rate vs 5A demonstrates. I agree it's more convenient to have the ps built in, expecially when on the road.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2013, 08:07 AM
United States, OH, Grove City
Joined Jan 2013
11 Posts
Hobby people tazer is exactly the same charger except it not red. It seems this is another private label charger with a paint job made to look new.
Amostafa is online now Find More Posts by Amostafa
Old May 04, 2013, 03:16 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,381 Posts
hobbyists are a tough crowd to please
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2013, 07:00 PM
Joined Jan 2013
49 Posts
That may be true. For the price I guess this charger is OK. I just made the mistake of buying cheap batteries and chargers in the past and am still kicking myself for it. Although we made be hard to please there are companies out there that can satisfy us. My hitec/thunder power charger/battery setup never ceases to amaze me.
Old May 06, 2013, 09:37 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,381 Posts
As you say, for the price the charger is OK. I think it is awesome for the price, but understand it is likely intended for park flyers, not your pilot flying 6s lipos.

I am sure the HiTec/ThunderPower + x power supply combination of yours is great, but it likely cost a good penny more than $70.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2013, 09:59 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,674 Posts
It may not be revolutionary, except the charge rate of 6A instead of 5a, it seems to be identical to a vanilla B6 under the hood, which are also available with built in power supply for some time. But I agree, at 70 dollar it's value for money, especially if a nice set of charge leads comes with it. I bought a similar charger some months ago, and for everyday use it's nice, as long as you don't use high S packs, and want to have these filled within the hour.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 14, 2013, 10:08 AM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,495 Posts
for 40 bucks more you can get a icharger 106 and a power supply
http://www.progressiverc.com/the-sta...20w-combo.html

i dont get why people by these AC powered chargers any more they can barely put out 50w of power
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Old May 14, 2013, 10:30 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,674 Posts
When you don't go higher than 2S lipo, 50 watts will do quite well. If you go 3S or higher, you run into the 50 watt limit.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 14, 2013, 10:32 AM
Joined Jul 2010
3,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
When you don't go higher than 2S lipo, 50 watts will do quite well. If you go 3S or higher, you run into the 50 watt limit.
thats nice if you only ever have 1 2S pack ....
if you want to charge 2 or 3 packs it would take 2 to 3 hours when you could just charge them all in parallel in an hour or less
even the 106b is wast of money when you could get a Powerlab 6
and charge 6 packs at once at 2 to 4 C rates
Old May 14, 2013, 12:26 PM
Joined Jan 2013
49 Posts
Elios you know what's up. Charging batts at 1c is caveman tech. Haha.
Old May 14, 2013, 01:49 PM
Joined Jul 2010
3,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911kevin View Post
Elios you know what's up. Charging batts at 1c is caveman tech. Haha.
i just got a PL8 this winter never need another charger again lol
charging 6x 6S packs at 2C or 2x 6S at 4C
thats the way to go
even if you insist on 1C charging parallel is the way to go even for 2S packs
and you can charge more then 1 or 2 packs at 1C with a 50W charger
Old May 16, 2013, 10:34 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911kevin View Post
Its called the "pro"2 and charges up to 6 amps. Just too funny. Guess if your using venoms pos batteries that can only handle a 1c charge then it might be OK. I'm far from a pro and this charger is weak IMO. Sorry if that rustles some feathers but every venom battery I've ever bought failed on me in one way or another so I'd never buy anything from atomic RC...ever
When i changed over to lipo's and did'nt know much my first charger was a Venom pro 50w charger $135 from LHS.What a rip off and it sits on a shelf as it never balanced a lipo properly,next to my I Charger 106b it's a POJ,i'll not buy thier products again period.
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug