HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

SEFF 2013 - The RCGroups Wrap Up

Splash

SEFF 2013 - The World's Largest Outdoor Electric Event!

RCGroups.com made the journey to lovely Americus, GA to cover the Southeast Electric Flight Festival again this year. Mac Hodges is the host each year on his ever-expanding and improving RC field and shop. Rabid RC pilots make the pilgrimage to see what's new in electric RC and to share the field with their RC friends from across the world.

SEFF Event Coverage - Photos, Videos and More!

Be sure to check out all the photo and video coverage from SEFF in our event coverage section.

The RCGroups SEFF Podcast

This month's RCGroups podcast is a SEFF special featuring interviews from SEFF. Listen in to relive the action or get a feel for what SEFF is really like!

There is usually some type of flying going on at SEFF at any given time. You can view Matt Gunn's night flying photos here.

On Friday and Saturday, the noon time demos highlight not only what is new in RC but also some of the world's top RC pilots. You can view Saturday's noon time demo photos and more here.

I want to thank Matt Klos and Emily Roey for putting together another great SEFF this year.

I want to give a big thank you to 3D Hobby Shop for being our event coverage sponsor this year.

I also want to thank Mac Hodges for not only providing an amazing location for SEFF but for everything he has done for the hobby over the years.

SEFF is really about the people that attend it each year and make it what it is: one of the greatest RC events in our hobby!

I'm sure we are all counting down to SEFF 2014!

Discussion

Old May 01, 2013, 12:40 PM
RCGroups FPV channel Editor
United States, OH, North Royalton
Joined Jul 2009
4,632 Posts
I enjoyed every second of being there! SEFF is the Burning Man of rc... without the smell of patchouli.
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Losi TEN Rally-X in the snow
Old May 01, 2013, 02:12 PM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,303 Posts
Emily is actually Phillip Roey's Daughter. Her, Matt and Phil are ALL wonderful people, that make this the best event in the RC world!

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2013, 02:31 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,036 Posts
Bill
Thanks! Info updated.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old May 01, 2013, 04:10 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,754 Posts
Im glad I was able to put a face to the trashman.
I wish there was a way to do that with others that attended seff.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old May 02, 2013, 07:40 AM
Cow flaps?? What cow????
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,454 Posts
I loved everyday of the event.. Sad that time goes by soooo fast!!!
powerlines is online now Find More Posts by powerlines
Old May 02, 2013, 12:13 PM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Griffin GA
Joined Aug 2008
7,710 Posts
The PecanPatchers were in force this year.... I see my trade mark Golf Cart in the first picture... We all had a blast.... Big thanks for letting us do the Mass wing Gaggles.... too much fun!

We also had a Polaris Gaggle down by the Pond!
pecanpatch is online now Find More Posts by pecanpatch
Old May 11, 2013, 08:41 AM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
3,959 Posts
It's the highlight of every year for me. Getting to see all my friends, make new ones, buy great stuff, and do what we love most.... fly RC planes!!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE involved!!! Mac, the vendors, Fayette Flyers, and all the wonderful folks for all around that keep this event going!!

Looking forward to next year!!!!
Moonbeam is offline Find More Posts by Moonbeam