HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 05, 2014, 03:31 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
Does anyone know of where to purchase bobbins that would fit into the bottom of DJI Arms ? RMRC has M3 bobbins, no good for my needs, What is the metric hardware needed for the bottom DJI arm assembly ? 2.5 or 2.0 mm ? Thanx!
Nobody knows the size of the screws that go into the bottom of a DJI arm?
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2014, 03:32 PM
AMA member since May 2013
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined May 2013
1,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwasch View Post
My F550 weighs just under 2300g fully loaded. I'm using 4000mAh 4s with stock 8in props. I still have some nice 10in carbon props left over from using 3s. At my weight can I still use the carbon 10in on 4s ?
Edit: using stock DJI motor by the way
I run the 1038 DJI props with 4S 8000 mAh on the stock DJI motor on my 2780g 550. Slightly warm at the end of 10 min flight.
Supreme Balloon is offline Find More Posts by Supreme Balloon
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2014, 03:33 PM
Joined Nov 2009
429 Posts
Quote:
My F550 weighs just under 2300g fully loaded. I'm using 4000mAh 4s with stock 8in props. I still have some nice 10in carbon props left over from using 3s. At my weight can I still use the carbon 10in on 4s ?

Depends on your flying style.
ATTI and GPS: absolutely fine. Manual mode with 3D acrobatics: critical since you may overheat the motors.
schiwo1 is offline Find More Posts by schiwo1
Old Mar 05, 2014, 03:40 PM
Joined Dec 2013
329 Posts
Quote:
M2.5x5
foobarbazqux is offline Find More Posts by foobarbazqux
Old Mar 05, 2014, 03:45 PM
Doing stuff since 1902.
France, RA, Grenoble
Joined Dec 2004
2,636 Posts
A short video I filmed this afternoon, with my F450.

We had planned FPV but it just was not possible because of the snow and low light, made it impossible to see the ground.
Was also challenging to film and aim at these planes while piloting line of sight.
Add to this, unfair weather, cloudy, and windy, was not helping at all.
We'll do better next time

RC meeting - Twinstars and quads in the snow (2 min 36 sec)
Olivier_C is online now Find More Posts by Olivier_C
Old Mar 05, 2014, 03:45 PM
AMA member since May 2013
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined May 2013
1,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4racer View Post
With regards to DJI; When you trigger RTH from a switch (maybe when triggered from failsafe too?), you have to turn RTH off with the switch, then go to attitude mode then back to GPS correct? This is how mine works.

Is there anyway to regain control just but turning the RTH switch back to off on my Spektrum DX9? I am not too familiar with using mixes and sequencers so any help would be great even if its just to tell me it won't work or is a bad idea for some reason.
During RTH, NAZA will fly at 7.3 m/s, when you cut over, it will drop to how your elev is positioned.
If your throttle is set to zero, you will descend rapidly.
So, if you go down the sequencer route, you'd have to have throttle at 50% and elev at some value if you want a smooth transition.
You can flip the FS switch back to OFF after 3 seconds and if you leave your flight mode alone, it will continue its routine until commanded to do otherwise.
Freechip's excellent DX8/9/18 thread would be a great place to discuss the use of the sequencer ... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1789552
Supreme Balloon is offline Find More Posts by Supreme Balloon
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2014, 03:51 PM
United States, ID, Pocatello
Joined Apr 2013
476 Posts
_Milo_ is online now Find More Posts by _Milo_
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by _Milo_; Mar 09, 2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old Mar 05, 2014, 04:36 PM
R/C Addict
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Feb 2014
331 Posts
Quote:
I would try it and see if you get longer flight, but the 8" is def more stable in wind. I have Graupner 10" and tried a 4s today, was windy so... I was more interested in the position of the throttle stick. Because on 3s I was at 65-70 percent throttle, witch made it tough going from man to GPS and back in flight. With the 4s throttle is right in the center I might end up trying 9" (maybe the new ones from the e300)
EcoAerialImaging is offline Find More Posts by EcoAerialImaging
Old Mar 05, 2014, 04:58 PM
Portugal, Faro District
Joined May 2013
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo7 View Post
Fantastic work, Great light, great subject, Will you be cutting in some close hand held shots? I'm on Pinkbike daily!
Yes hopefully. I am waiting on them from the journalist. I have got a few if he doesn't and I will knock about 3 minutes off the video! I was having a play with the aerial footage.
MTB guide is offline Find More Posts by MTB guide
Old Mar 05, 2014, 05:13 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier_C View Post
A short video I filmed this afternoon, with my F450.

We had planned FPV but it just was not possible because of the snow and low light, made it impossible to see the ground.
Was also challenging to film and aim at these planes while piloting line of sight.
Add to this, unfair weather, cloudy, and windy, was not helping at all.
We'll do better next time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGUsWXTU0Hs
Very nice Oliver. It looks like you guys were having a lot of fun.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Mar 05, 2014, 07:06 PM
United States, UT, East Carbon
Joined Jan 2014
758 Posts
Today, I tried again to track down the source of the "lazy" motor issue. I used NAZA assistant to calibrate the IMU. I made a 4-way wire harness and re-calibrated my ESC's.

In between all this I also mounted a spare motor in place of the lazy one, but forgot to check rotation direction and had the ESC wires reversed, so naturally as I gave it throttle that motor stayed firmly planted while the rest of the quad lifted up. This ended in the prop getting all chipped up.

So I ordered more props. Meanwhile I tried the cheap 9x5 props again and they vibrate like crazy.

Which brings me to the question...

Besides the awful collet type prop adapters, are there any suitable prop adapters that will fit the motor shafts on cheap 2212's? There really isn't any other way to mount anything, just a smooth shaft and no holes in the rotor. But these adapters are just the pits. I never feel like they are secure enough and they are not really balanced.
RotoRon is online now Find More Posts by RotoRon
Old Mar 05, 2014, 07:41 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoRon View Post
Today, I tried again to track down the source of the "lazy" motor issue. I used NAZA assistant to calibrate the IMU. I made a 4-way wire harness and re-calibrated my ESC's.

In between all this I also mounted a spare motor in place of the lazy one, but forgot to check rotation direction and had the ESC wires reversed, so naturally as I gave it throttle that motor stayed firmly planted while the rest of the quad lifted up. This ended in the prop getting all chipped up.

So I ordered more props. Meanwhile I tried the cheap 9x5 props again and they vibrate like crazy.

Which brings me to the question...

Besides the awful collet type prop adapters, are there any suitable prop adapters that will fit the motor shafts on cheap 2212's? There really isn't any other way to mount anything, just a smooth shaft and no holes in the rotor. But these adapters are just the pits. I never feel like they are secure enough and they are not really balanced.
Get some real motors.. Collet prop adaptors are the pits. They never work right. Try the new E300 motors and esc.s. They are super efficient and work well.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Mar 05, 2014, 08:20 PM
It got away...
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Feb 2013
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Lol! Got your message lew and I don't know either! Don't you use the metric system up there?
Number2 is offline Find More Posts by Number2
Old Mar 05, 2014, 08:24 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number2 View Post
Lol! Got your message lew and I don't know either! Don't you use the metric system up there?
I figured out a way we can use those M3 isolation dampners from RMRC for the landing gear application. Were just going to need a small sheet of carbon fiber.
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Mar 05, 2014, 08:27 PM
It got away...
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Feb 2013
1,402 Posts
Quote:
I figured out a way we can use those M3 isolation dampners from RMRC for the landing gear application. Were just going to need a small sheet of carbon fiber.
Hey, I'm in. This Friday I'll have some funds and maybe I can go in on the CF and have it shipped to you. Let me know!
Number2 is offline Find More Posts by Number2