Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
772 Posts
Discussion
Stingray questions

Hello guys.
A few years ago I converted a motorised model kit by academy. the U581,
It was a dynamic diving model. Sadly gone due to many years poorly stored. I'm feeling like another build but want to do something a bit more fun!
The little plan that's coming together in my head is something along the lines of..... Cc lee stingray model kit.

I'm thinking of using the micro linear servo's for controls. Possibly controlling the prop angle/ thrust angle for diving and turning. But not sure on the room inside.
I would like to build a static diving model but not sure how to achive this.

Any thoughts or ideas about this? do you think it is possible and will the linear servos have enough oomph to manoeuvre a sub?
lord chris is offline Find More Posts by lord chris
Last edited by lord chris; Apr 26, 2013 at 06:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2013, 07:11 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2011
436 Posts
How big is the sub? If it is a smaller size, say under two feet, you could probably use them. If it is under a foot, you definitely can use them. The caveats I would add will depend on the forces needed to move the rudders or dive planes, if the sub is going to be a bullet underwater, might stress the servo a bit or if you build the linkages with a lot of resistance, I could see a problem there too. David Merriman has a 1.5" wtc that uses linear servos.
tchalfant is offline Find More Posts by tchalfant