SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 26, 2013, 09:57 AM
Joined Jul 2004
270 Posts
Discussion
SB-1 Battery

I have been so busy the past year. I didn't do much with my subs the past 9 months. I decided it was time to charge all three. I turned them on two run great you can hear the ballast pump run. My original first one nothing. I turn on the switch and the lights on the control board come on but dimly. I hooked up my charger and the light won't come on. I had it on all night and still no charge. so I open up the sub, hook up an external 12 battery to the supply wires and it works great. I hook the charger directly to the battery terminals and no charge. I would think I have a bad battery. Has this happened to anyone? Where can I get a replacement battery the same exact size? I wonder if Mike's Subworks would have one. If not who? Thanks
shaneperch is offline Find More Posts by shaneperch
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:49 AM
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined May 2012
78 Posts
Tower has them here:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXASZH&P=Z

Replacement parts list here:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=TTRB5220&P=Z
GSPI is offline Find More Posts by GSPI
Old May 03, 2013, 01:38 PM
Joined Jul 2004
270 Posts
I am bothered by this. Is it normal to have a battery fail,, when stored so long to where it will not accept a charge? I tried to charge it with several chargers even the stock charger overnight and nothing. The other two SB-1s take a charge and I got them both charged up. I hooked up a 12v alarm battery lead acid and the systems come on and the pump does it's thing. I then tried to charge the battery directly with alligator clips, right on the disconnected battery and won't accept the charge. So I ruled out the board, I hope. SI this possible or am I the only lucky one.
Old May 03, 2013, 01:46 PM
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined May 2012
78 Posts
lead acid batteries in general can lose their ability to charge if not cycled regularly.
GSPI is offline Find More Posts by GSPI
Old May 03, 2013, 05:16 PM
Joined Jul 2004
270 Posts
right. well I got to order one. at least the sub still works.