HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:40 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,321 Posts
Discussion
FlySky about to upset market AGAIN !

Well it had to come ... the 9x has been around for longer than many it competes with ... it still commands a niche ....

FlySky are now testing the new 'kid on the block' .... the FS-i10

http://www.flysky-cn.com/eShowNews.asp?id=97

Now what is interesting to me is the similarity of this to another recent radio that came on market ... sharp-eyed will note the slim case etc.

I have contacted FS - as I run the FS Yahoo groups - to see if any more info ...

If FS keeps to usual form ... this will be another market killer ... and hopefully will still use FrSky and other modules ... on an economic price base.

Eagerly awaiting it's debut ...

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:46 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,060 Posts
N.I.C.E looking piece of kit, but if they appreciate it so little as to leave it in the rain... maybe it should be sent to me for some TLC.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Apr 26, 2013, 01:50 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
Most likely it is with touchscreen, s-bus and telemetry like the new FlySky pistol radio.

New FlySky FS iT4 Transmitter with Touchscreen (9 min 59 sec)
B12 is offline Find More Posts by B12
Old Apr 26, 2013, 03:59 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
3,959 Posts
Would depend. What was it about the 9X that made it stand out?
Hajile is offline Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2013, 04:14 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
What was it about the 9X that made it stand out?
Most of it was the price. 8ch computer radio with decent features at fraction of the price of main brands. It was/is not perfect but just fine especially for the price.

Later it turned out to be very modder friendly with a large community pushing this cheap radio to its limits and far beyond.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 04:38 AM
Joined Jul 2012
3,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B12 View Post
Most of it was the price. 8ch computer radio with decent features at fraction of the price of main brands. It was/is not perfect but just fine especially for the price.

Later it turned out to be very modder friendly with a large community pushing this cheap radio to its limits and far beyond.
I thought so too. But this FS-i10 is supposed to be its successor? There's no price nor features list in the link.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2013, 04:44 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
The Flysky pistol radio GT-3c is $60 and the IT4 is $200.

It does not take advanced math to say the i10 will cost much more than the 9x.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 04:53 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,321 Posts
Quote:
The Flysky pistol radio GT-3c is $60 and the IT4 is $200.

It does not take advanced math to say the i10 will cost much more than the 9x.
I think people are missing my 'hint' ..... look at the radio and consider a radio that is already on market at budget price ...

I don't want to name the 9ch radio to avoid being shot at ... but it has an uncanny resemblance apart from the larger screen on the i10 ..... having no specs listed - it may be a 9ch (ie like the 9x - less one channel when set up to use).

One aspect that I hope FS implement is to move away from Dipole single antenna to the standard twin antenna system others use on full range gear.

Let's see what comes of this ....

Nigel
Old Apr 26, 2013, 07:51 AM
B12
Finland
Joined Sep 2010
583 Posts
My hint was what happened to the pistol radio price...

The previous top line gt3c was said $60 and the new IT series is $200...

Flysky has developed a new RF protocol and receivers with s-bus, failsafe and telemetry. They are obviously going up on the spec with the IT line of radios. They are the Flysky top of the line, not bargain based to compete with the Turnigy 9xr which is just a pimped up old 9x (and made by flysky exclusively for Hobbyking).
Old Apr 26, 2013, 08:04 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
8,321 Posts
Quote:
My hint was what happened to the pistol radio price...

The previous top line gt3c was said $60 and the new IT series is $200...

Flysky has developed a new RF protocol and receivers with s-bus, failsafe and telemetry. They are obviously going up on the spec with the IT line of radios. They are the Flysky top of the line, not bargain based to compete with the Turnigy 9xr which is just a pimped up old 9x (and made by flysky exclusively for Hobbyking).
To be honest if the price goes up - but radio is fine without swapping to FrSky ... has all the built-ins that other mortgage your home for ... then I'm in !!

I cannot see FS going TOO high ... brand name then is important and you are kicking the doors of JR .. Futaba etc. We'll ignore Spekie as that is not a direct competitor to the 9x anyway ... never was, never will be.

The 9xr is as I see it a 9x + er9x firmware packaged in a slim case .... and no-one has sorted out the reported bugs and cheap stick gear. A radio that until someone sorts it properly - I shall avoid. My two 9x's are trucking along nicely ... doing everything I need ... with FrSky modules / Rx's ...

Nigel
Old Apr 26, 2013, 09:29 AM
Joined Jul 2012
3,959 Posts
We're not talking about the 9XR tho. It's about the claim of this being the successor of the 9X. So far, there hasn't been anything presented that shows it. The biggest 'feature' of the 9X that made it a rousing success is the price, I doubt it'll be as successful if it was priced the same as a DX8. If the FS-i10 is set for a different pricepoint, then it really isn't any more related to the 9X than any other TX.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2013, 06:10 PM
Joined Feb 2005
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
Would depend. What was it about the 9X that made it stand out?
Actually, besides the price, it had the room and general purpose processor that made it a hacker's dream. A whole set of new firmwares, programming interfaces, even replacement logic bards has grown up around it.

FRSky saw the trend and embraced it, sending prototypes of the Taranis to the development community to help build the open-source firmware - the Taranis looks to be incredible, but we will only know when it hits the wild. The Taranis thread "Not your Grandmother's Transmitter" http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post24836186 has generated 1600-1700 posts since April 4th, and it was shown at the Toledo show on April 5th.

It is totally unknown if FlySky will embrace the industry it inadvertently created with the Flysky/Turnigy/Eurgle 9X or snub it. Hopefully they embrace it. However the open-Source developers indicate they have gotten no specifications to work from so.....
AdmEd is offline Find More Posts by AdmEd
Old Apr 26, 2013, 06:23 PM
Joined Feb 2005
238 Posts
Just on the FlySky site again.

They just posted the results of the Limit Test. Does not make me warm and fuzzy, but, if the purpose was to see if they could exceed their limit, I guess it may have been a success? Or a cautionary tale to not exceed the limit?

That does not look like a satisfied grin on the face of the guy holding the bits.... Sure wish I spoke/read Chinese....
AdmEd is offline Find More Posts by AdmEd
Last edited by AdmEd; Apr 27, 2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 06:37 PM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
3,870 Posts
I don't know if anybody has noticed, but there are links to three videos at the bottom of the page. If anyone understands Chinese, some translation would be nice to see what they are saying.

http://translate.google.com/translat....asp%3Fid%3D97
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Apr 26, 2013, 06:42 PM
Mexico, GTO, León
Joined Jul 2011
53 Posts
I think that is a good candidate for software Deviation, I think it would be impossible to go with the wonderful er9x for its touch screen, if the price is below a devo 8s of course I would buy a SF-i10
BENJAS is offline Find More Posts by BENJAS