HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:07 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,768 Posts
New Product
Weatronic Competition Radio Systems

Weatronic coming to an Airfield near you soon!

Weatronic is very proud to announce that We are back in the USA... Already established as "the" supplier of high end 2.4 GHz radio equipment in Europe, Weatronic is now ready to support US modelers that are looking for the reliability, innovation, and quality that Weatronic offers in all of its products. Weatronic has just returned from Toledo, where we debuted our new BAT 60 transmitter. The BAT 60 is the "Vanguard" of radio control transmitters. Never before has so much technology and innovation been placed literally in the hands of the RC enthusiast. The BAT 60 is likely the last radio transmitter you will need. Unlimited model storage space, maximum effective range through the use of optimized RF antenna technology, complete sensor package capability, and maximum programming flexibility are just the start of the BAT 60 standard features.

Weatronic is the clear choice for the modeler who flies the best, and demands the most from his equipment. Our customers choose Weatronic gear for their valued Jets, large Scale designs, large Sailplanes, Helicopters, and Aerobatic models. Anytime you are flying a model where the best is the only thing that will do, Weatronic is the obvious choice...

For more information please visit our web site www.weatronic.com or send questions to Larry Jolly at weatronics.usa@gmail.com

Quality, Innovation, Excellence, and Service - Our Promise to You
Larry Jolly is offline Find More Posts by Larry Jolly
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2013, 01:21 PM
Flightcomp.com
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Apr 2006
1,586 Posts
That Bat 60 looks great. I've been looking at the new Jeti TX.....

I browsed the website and could not really find any info on it, specifically glider related.
ak79 is online now Find More Posts by ak79
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 25, 2013, 02:58 PM
LSF V aspirant
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,412 Posts
There are a couple of pics off on the right side...very small...under the heading "Enthusiasm". Clicking on them brings up some info on the radios, though not sailplane-specific.

Tom
tewatson is offline Find More Posts by tewatson
Old Apr 25, 2013, 03:45 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
7,743 Posts
Who's the funny lookin' guy in the blue shirt... and orange tie?
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman
Old Apr 25, 2013, 05:57 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
One of my sailplane hero's. Duh!
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Apr 25, 2013, 06:45 PM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,175 Posts
Quote:
Very colorful attire. Matches the transmitter!! I assume this will put an end to the "pumpkin" jokes!!
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old Apr 25, 2013, 09:31 PM
Much to my CHAGRIN . . .
Bellflower, CA
Joined Mar 2005
462 Posts
Quote:
Neil Young with a hair cut?
machild is offline Find More Posts by machild
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:00 PM
United States, CA, Santa Ana
Joined Jul 2010
424 Posts
Does it talk back when you screw up ?
harborflyer is offline Find More Posts by harborflyer
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:03 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,768 Posts
Ali,
Thank you for your interest in the BAT 60. I had to go and look at some of the specifics of the programing, as I have to admit I have not seen the finished screens yet. As with all the Weatronic gear the Tx is very flexible in its programing. We do not think in terms of channels but more in terms of functions.
The system is based on a Linux computer so model storage and mixing capabilities are nearly unlimited. For F3X work there are 10 flight modes available, with all the various rates and mixes assigned for those specific modes.
The Weatronics systems allow you to slave receivers so that say you have decided you want to run 90 left aileron servos, you can multiplex 3 of the Gizmo large block receivers together and set all 90 servos to have specific throws and rates. But say for F3J you would use the smart 8 Rx and you would have 8 functions say a 6 panel TE and your tail surfaces. This would be with 10 flight modes and nearly infinite mix possibilities. Also be advised that the Weatronic system was originally designed as a module system so the customer could use his favorite Tx. For instance I now have an 11X Zero that JR graciously supplied so that I could fly the Weatronic equipment in my current models. The Weatronic system just needs access to the PPM signal. With the 11X I get 9 ppm channels. Since you can program either or both the Weatronic transmitter and receivers it is possible to create very elaborate programs in the RX say for a JET or Scale model with sequencing gear doors and synchronize multiple servos driving a single surface. All with a relatively basic transmitter. The Weatronic system was designed in the beginning to offer uncompromised 2.4 Ghz perfomance. It also meets the 2014 standards that call for look before you speak transmission protocall. What this means to the modeler is that Weatronic gear offers the most effective range and relaibility in an ever increasing crowded band all with legal power output.
And for all my friends more in to fashion than flying...I will still be flying Blue but with orange trim...Thanks LJ
Old Apr 26, 2013, 01:31 PM
Flightcomp.com
Joined Apr 2006
1,586 Posts
I'm pretty sure I want one.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:03 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
2,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Jolly View Post
Ali,
Thank you for your interest in the BAT 60. I had to go and look at some of the specifics of the programing, as I have to admit I have not seen the finished screens yet. As with all the Weatronic gear the Tx is very flexible in its programing. We do not think in terms of channels but more in terms of functions.
The system is based on a Linux computer so model storage and mixing capabilities are nearly unlimited. For F3X work there are 10 flight modes available, with all the various rates and mixes assigned for those specific modes.
The Weatronics systems allow you to slave receivers so that say you have decided you want to run 90 left aileron servos, you can multiplex 3 of the Gizmo large block receivers together and set all 90 servos to have specific throws and rates. But say for F3J you would use the smart 8 Rx and you would have 8 functions say a 6 panel TE and your tail surfaces. This would be with 10 flight modes and nearly infinite mix possibilities. Also be advised that the Weatronic system was originally designed as a module system so the customer could use his favorite Tx. For instance I now have an 11X Zero that JR graciously supplied so that I could fly the Weatronic equipment in my current models. The Weatronic system just needs access to the PPM signal. With the 11X I get 9 ppm channels. Since you can program either or both the Weatronic transmitter and receivers it is possible to create very elaborate programs in the RX say for a JET or Scale model with sequencing gear doors and synchronize multiple servos driving a single surface. All with a relatively basic transmitter. The Weatronic system was designed in the beginning to offer uncompromised 2.4 Ghz perfomance. It also meets the 2014 standards that call for look before you speak transmission protocall. What this means to the modeler is that Weatronic gear offers the most effective range and relaibility in an ever increasing crowded band all with legal power output.
And for all my friends more in to fashion than flying...I will still be flying Blue but with orange trim...Thanks LJ
If the O/S is based on Linux is there any opportunity for an open source exposure to it for custom work?

Also if the unit is sending at 100hz and accessing 80 channels then that assumes all 80 channels are being accessed per second which should really give a great signal stability profile - nice -

Looks like the radio is compatible with telemetry but does not come with it ?

I see a slider on the back which looks like it could be used for camber - interesting -

Web interface is really cool - so when you get yours you can let me remote in to your computer and check out the program-ability Larry ?
webbsolution is offline Find More Posts by webbsolution
Last edited by webbsolution; Apr 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:30 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,768 Posts
David,
There will be a great deal of flexibility in the programming, but I am sure there will be limits to protect the processor..All of the Weatronic receivers accept the various sensors that we also sell. The Mux Box is allows one to multiplex all signals in to digital format from the various sensors. I look forward to showing you the radio.. LJ
Last edited by Larry Jolly; Apr 29, 2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 02:45 PM
Flightcomp.com
Joined Apr 2006
1,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Jolly View Post
David,
There will be a great deal of flexibility in the programming, but I am sure there will be limits to protect the processor..All of the Weatronic receivers accept the various sensors that we also sell. The Mux Box is allows one to multiplex all signals in to digital format from the various sensors. I look forward to showing you the radio.. LJ
Larry,

Any idea when and where these will be available in the states for purchase and or fondling?

Ali
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 29, 2013, 08:17 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,768 Posts
Ali,
I am the North American Distributor. Kennedy composites is the first Dealer. Since you are closer to me, you will be able to see and fly one hopefully in June, in SoCal.. Larry
Old May 01, 2013, 04:22 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Aug 2004
149 Posts
Dave,

It's doubtful they are going down the open source road. All the equipment, TX and RX, are upgradeable via the internet.

The TX and all receivers down to the 4.5 g Tiny 5 ch RXs all have telemetry.
The sensors are developed and are in stock.

Attached are a couple of small screen shot they sent out yesterday.

Barry
Blaster is online now Find More Posts by Blaster