HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Ultra Micro P-51D Mustang

New from Horizon and available soon: P-51D Mustang RTF and BNF with AS3X Technology

Splash

Available Soon!

New today from ParkZone the Ultra Micro P-51D Mustang RTF and BNF with AS3X Technology! If you’re looking for the most satisfying ultra micro Mustang experience available, this is your plane. For starters, it boasts a level of detail rarely seen in models of this size. Molded panel lines, clear canopy, gun and exhaust details, pilot figure, instrument panel details, 4-bladed prop—you get it all. Even the trim scheme is that of a full-scale Mustang that flew with the 334th Fighter Squadron during World War II.

In the air, its advanced AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) System will work behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of forces like P-factor, turbulence and torque. Instead of an ultra micro, you’ll feel like you’re at the controls of an expertly tuned, giant-scale model that flies like it’s on rails.

Who's excited for a new Ultra Micro P-51D with AS3X? Who will be adding one of these to their air fleet? It will be available in both RTF and BNF too! Make sure to check it out!

Learn More Here

Discussion

Old Apr 26, 2013, 07:04 AM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,051 Posts
I really want to get one of these! I enjoyed the original UM P-51 so this one should be great!
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2013, 02:41 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Weighs 25% more than the original UM P-51 but is using the same motor. If I get one I'll be putting a 2s brushless system in it.
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old May 02, 2013, 09:07 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,492 Posts
Still under camber on wing?
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old May 02, 2013, 02:43 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
Still under camber on wing?
yes
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old May 02, 2013, 09:11 PM
Scratch building addict
United States, CA, Felton
Joined Jan 2005
654 Posts
Horizon and Parkzone! "making the hobby more expensive." They clearly are going after the newbie market, a 15 inch wingspan for 100 bucks ! It's probably 1S as well, and therefore useless for the great outdoors.
rotagen is offline Find More Posts by rotagen
Old May 02, 2013, 10:33 PM
352nd FGA
USA, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2006
587 Posts
Cool!But one question. Why park zone still making brushed version with gearbox?
Alrus1 is offline Find More Posts by Alrus1
RCG Plus Member
Old May 09, 2013, 12:05 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,610 Posts
Same motor and 25% more weight?? i'd want an 2s brushless, myself though that as3x stuff sounds coolq
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Jul 17, 2013, 08:37 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
A friend of mine got this plane a while ago, and he is looking to buy extra batteries and maybe a better charger for it.
What type of batteries do I need to look for? I know it's a 150mah 1S, but I can't tell what connector it is. Would batteries with more capacity be ok to use, or does it quickly get too heavy?
Any tips or recommendations are more then welcome, thanks in advance!
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Jan 21, 2014, 08:43 PM
THANK GOD FOR CA
Canada, AB, Wetaskiwin
Joined Apr 2013
65 Posts
Hi everyone.
I got one of these and everything is working fine, but when I pick it up and move it around it makes these weird noises. The control surfaces do not move when I move the plane. Is this just the AS3X or is it a problem? I have not flown it yet but it looks like a good quality plane.
Thanks
PUREAMATEUR
PUREAMATEUR is offline Find More Posts by PUREAMATEUR
Old Jan 21, 2014, 08:51 PM
What Goes Up Must Come Down
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2013
528 Posts
It's the AS3X doing it's job....not a problem....however if you followed the instructions about not moving it when powering it up the AS3X should move the control surfaces....not much but it doesn't take much to smooth out a flight.
PRNDL is offline Find More Posts by PRNDL
Old Jan 21, 2014, 09:19 PM
yank and bank!!
Joined May 2013
1,849 Posts
Buy the airframe parts, skip the stabilization, stick 3s brushless power in it.
failboat is offline Find More Posts by failboat
Old Jan 21, 2014, 09:40 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by failboat View Post
Buy the airframe parts, skip the stabilization, stick 3s brushless power in it.
No need for 3s at that micro size. You can make ballistic with 2s. And there is the new brushless 1s conversion setup designed for the Blade Nano CP.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Jan 21, 2014, 09:58 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREAMATEUR View Post
Hi everyone.
I got one of these and everything is working fine, but when I pick it up and move it around it makes these weird noises. The control surfaces do not move when I move the plane. Is this just the AS3X or is it a problem? I have not flown it yet but it looks like a good quality plane.
Thanks
PUREAMATEUR
PRNDL answered your question. here is the dedicated thread if you have more: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1879901
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Jan 21, 2014, 10:20 PM
THANK GOD FOR CA
Canada, AB, Wetaskiwin
Joined Apr 2013
65 Posts
Ok. Thanks everyone. I guess the surfaces were moving and I just didn't notice it because I followed all of the directions
PUREAMATEUR is offline Find More Posts by PUREAMATEUR