HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by NashVegas, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 11:24 PM
Jus 1 more plane is all I need
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2013
937 Posts
Build Log
Parkzone P-47 Razorback Build Part II

Finishing touches on cockpit upgrade.
NashVegas is online now Find More Posts by NashVegas
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by NashVegas; Apr 23, 2013 at 06:55 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2013, 09:33 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,584 Posts
Great job Nash, what it needs now if you haven't buttoned it up yet is a gun sight and bullet proof shield. I did the same kit and it's a bugger to put together, but worth it. I used a pen top to make the gun sight. I think it's on my blog.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Apr 24, 2013, 03:44 PM
Joined Mar 2013
937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Great job Nash, what it needs now if you haven't buttoned it up yet is a gun sight and bullet proof shield. I did the same kit and it's a bugger to put together, but worth it. I used a pen top to make the gun sight. I think it's on my blog.
quitcherbitchen, thanks! Nope, haven't buttoned her up yet. Will definitely check out your blog for the gun site. Great idea.

On another note, I purchased an eRC BL20 motor for this plane. Unfortunately, it is shorter than the stock motor and doesn't reach far enough through the cowl in order to connect the prop. Any thoughts on where I can look at some motor mounts that might be a bit longer?
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 24, 2013, 03:55 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,584 Posts
Check with my guy Gary at Custom RC. Tell him Adam sent you. I give him a lot of business. He might have something in stock to fit it or you could modify an existing one. Last resort would be make some metal extensions for the stock plate out of tubing. I have mailed him complete motors and he has made mounts for my specifications.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:02 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,584 Posts
I sent you on a wild goose chase looking for the gun sight in my blog. I must apologize as the picture showing how I made it isn't there. I used a pen top to make it I will try and see if I have another one on my bench or in my desk.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 04:09 PM
Joined Mar 2013
937 Posts
quitcherbitchen, no problem, I found a few pics of the gun sight. Separate question though....do you have any pics of how you cut the turtle back plastic part of your razorback mod? Did you get it from Park Flyer Plastics? Mine seems too long, but if I cut the aft end in order to fit, it looks like it will come up short meeting the rudder / tail fin.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2013, 04:27 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,584 Posts
I think HuffDaddy told me to ignore Parkflyers directions as they were off on the dimensions for cutting the cockpit. I instead laid the turtledeck on the plane and marked where it met the foam and cut it there. I hardly trimmed the turtledeck at all. If you cut the foam already then you might have to glue it back. I also know that there is hardly any foam behind my pilots headrest. I hope I am not confusing you.