HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2004, 11:30 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,405 Posts
AMA SHOW NEWS, well some of it.

Went to the AMA show today, Saturday, and had a good time. I visited lot's of vendors and had fun catching up with friends. Here are some of the items that caught my attention.
Castle Creations: Saw Pat and Shawn and lots of their great controllers but the news was two items that are coming soon. They showed the prototype of their new USB connector to plug their speed controller into your computer to program it directly off your computer. they are awaiting circuit boards and hope to start production soon and have them available in about two months. They had the Mamba brushless motor on display and it will come in a variety of configurations and will team perfectly with their speed controllers. those should be coming soon but I didn't catch exactly when.
Mr Lin, Andrew and others were there from GWS as was Mark Wood, Fred Bronk and Greg G. (Gallegos). The last three are Ezone moderators who were planning on flying GWS planes in the demo flight area but it was two small an area. Talking to these people was the best highlight for me but most of you will want to see the planes they had on display so here goes.
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Jan 11, 2004 at 10:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2004, 11:31 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,405 Posts
The Hercules should be available as an early bird in a couple of months. This one has been flying!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2004, 11:32 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,405 Posts
Tiger Moth 400

Powered with a speed 400 and having ailerons this plane is going through customs right now. The new Large Tiger Moth.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2004, 11:33 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,405 Posts
The Merlin in an indoor version
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2004, 11:34 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,405 Posts
This was a surprise for me

I didn't know that one of these was on the way.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2004, 11:45 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,405 Posts
This was great to watch flying

This was fun to watch as they were demo flying it much of the day. It didn't hurt the demonstration that the pilot is the National Champion. The 2004 Dragonfly comes complete with radio and everthing you need including charger and two battery packs. This also is coming soon. I would have really like to take one of these or the Hercule C-130 home with me but it was good to see the actual models on displat even if they are not quite yet available.
I also had a good time at the Dryden Nasa display and was very greatful for the nice packet of materials they have for teachers.
My friend want to get Li-polys. he wanted three cell packs. We were near the front of the line when the doors opened and the doors opened to Batteries America. They sold out of their three cell packs on Friday. We went down to Dymond and he scored the last two three cell packs they had of 1200s and 1500s. He also picked up the Astroflight charger for Li-polys at another booth.
Soaring USA had a good deal on two foamy electrics with a brushless motor and sold out of one on Friday, and probably the other one on Saturday. I was tempted by the MicroBat but I resisted...for now.
Lot's of other great things to see and people but disappointed that the flying area wasn't larger. the promise is that the flying area will be larger next year.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2004, 10:14 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,405 Posts
Here is one more nicely finished GWS warbird. But notice the wing of a secret Luftwaffe jet that is just to the right of the Me-109. My picture of this secret twin fan jet didn't come out so I can't show more but it is coming and it looks terrific.
I bit of a tease but it wasn't intentional. Mike
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Jan 11, 2004 at 10:21 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 10:24 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,405 Posts
For teachers the Nasa Drayden booth has a great packet of material to take back to your school and share with students. Let them know if your a teacher and get the free packet. Here is a model of Helios at their display.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2004, 11:39 AM
29 rods from you in western WI
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
Looks neat. Was the scale Helios flyable or display-only? Would make an interesting multi model for conventional power.
Karl Bē is offline Find More Posts by Karl Bē
Old Jan 11, 2004, 12:17 PM
Where's the CA?
Long Island, NY
Joined Sep 2003
727 Posts
Ho299, I'm guessing? Awesome, always loved the look of that plane.

Nice pictures.
Mindblade is offline Find More Posts by Mindblade
Old Jan 11, 2004, 01:16 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,405 Posts
I am pretty sure (99%) that the Helios was display only.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2004, 10:03 PM
San Diego, CA, USA
Joined Nov 2001
2,820 Posts
At the GWS they had new transmitters in pastel colors. Who will be the first to show up at the field with a pink transmitter?

It will not be me!

Chuck
rcelectfly is offline Find More Posts by rcelectfly
Old Jan 12, 2004, 12:31 AM
www.toddsmodels.com
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
It will be me! I already told Erick at GWS USA that I want the first pink transmitter that comes into the country.

For two reasons,

1. My 4 year old daughter will love it and it will get her more interested! Put a hello kitty sticker on it and I have here hooked for life....!!!!

2. I'll use it with my Pink Slope Combat plane! Why do I have a pink combat plane? Because everyone wants to hit it and I get more kills that way. Now if I have a pink TX the chances of people trying to hit me even increases!

Todd
www.toddsmodels.com
Todd Long is offline Find More Posts by Todd Long
Old Jan 12, 2004, 04:12 AM
san marcos, ca
Joined Jun 2001
677 Posts
pink transmitter

don't forget:

real men call it "light red"
potifar is offline Find More Posts by potifar
Old Jan 12, 2004, 05:45 AM
Where's the CA?
Long Island, NY
Joined Sep 2003
727 Posts
Re: pink transmitter

Quote:
Originally posted by potifar
real men call it "light red"
Even more so when it's transparent red SoLite on a sunny day.
Mindblade is offline Find More Posts by Mindblade