SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:47 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2010
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier View Post
Azard, I have the switchable V222 transmitter, and I do like it. But another advantage of the other V222 transmitter is that you can fly at 100% rates without accidental flips, you have to push the shoulder button to do flips. If I had it to do over, I would go with the non-switchable V222 transmitter.
Thanks for the advice
Azard is offline Find More Posts by Azard
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:48 AM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,553 Posts
Heli Pad, if my V222 switchable transmitter has a flip button, I would like to know which one it is? It flips in 100% rates if you push the right stick to any of the limits. If one of the buttons would change that, I would love to know which one it is, please?
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:59 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2010
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
In the context of V222, both Tx have the "flip" button. Therefore, there is no accidental flip either case. But dropout may or may not be an issue - something that is hard to tell prior to purchase. You kind of roll a dice. I did and I lost. A safer bet that worth some consideration is the V959, which has almost the same features of the V222, using a different but proven protocol. So, if you're not locked into a protocol, yet. You should give it some consideration, too. It doesn't have dropout issues.
Thanks
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:05 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2010
34 Posts
Quote:
In the context of V222, both Tx have the "flip" button. Therefore, there is no accidental flip either case. But dropout may or may not be an issue - something that is hard to tell prior to purchase. You kind of roll a dice. I did and I lost. A safer bet that worth some consideration is the V959, which has almost the same features of the V222, using a different but proven protocol. So, if you're not locked into a protocol, yet. You should give it some consideration, too. It doesn't have dropout issues.
Heli Pad, what is the difference between 6 axis and 4 axis.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:07 AM
Joined Apr 2011
372 Posts
Quote:
Heli Pad, if my V222 switchable transmitter has a flip button, I would like to know which one it is? It flips in 100% rates if you push the right stick to any of the limits. If one of the buttons would change that, I would love to know which one it is, please?
Ditto this. My switchable V222 controller throws both my V222, and V259s into loops at full right stick in Mode 2. No button. A behavior which can cause unintentional consequence, if I'm not paying attention. In fact - I am in the habit of clicking the left top button three times, to get out of 'loop mode' while flying, to avoid accidental flips. If there is a way of taming that behavior - I'd like to know too.
jdoo is offline Find More Posts by jdoo
Old Nov 16, 2013, 01:43 PM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,324 Posts
Quote:
, , , A safer bet that worth some consideration is the V959, which has almost the same features of the V222, using a different but proven protocol. So, if you're not locked into a protocol, yet. You should give it some consideration, too. It doesn't have dropout issues.
If I had it to do over again I'd go with the V959 too. I thought the V222 6 axis system would give me some advantage over the V959 but can't say there is one. If you get the V959, you'll be able to buy BNFs of the V91x series helos or the V9x9 series quads and use the same Tx for all. The V222 Tx is only used for the V2x2 quads.

Quote:
I have the switchable tx, the v252 tx, and av202 tx. I have range tested all of them with v202 and v252 to 750+ feet. All of them work well with v202 and v252, no dropouts. I have a v212 board on a v929 that has brownouts with any of these txs. I dont notice any dead spots in the sticks, but i fly outside aggressively. Ithink i prefer the swichable tx because of its larger size and longer, adjustable sticks.
My V222 Tx is the small non-selectable type and I have the large selectable type for my V911 and V913. I prefer the larger type because of the larger sticks. But if you're buying this for your child, they may prefer the smaller type Tx. Just a thought.
Don
hifinsword is online now Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2013, 04:14 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,553 Posts
Azard the terms 6 axis and 4 axis are missused but 4 axis usually means gyro only. 6 axis means it has a gyro and accelerometers. The 6 axis is more self leveling and therefore more stable, you let off the sticks, and it will automatically go to hover position. With gyro only, if you give the sticks forward elevator it will tend to continue in the last direction you told it to go until you counter that action.
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Nov 16, 2013, 04:29 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,361 Posts
Those of you that don't notice the difference between gyro-only stabilization and accelerometers are either professional pilots, don't have very heavy winds, or possibly don't fly aggressively. There's no way I could fly a V9X9 or any other gyro-only quad in 20+ MPH winds.

Azard I don't know if you have anyone else you know around you that has a small fleet of quads comprised of ones with gyro only and some with accelerometers but it really makes a big difference.

I can confirm the V222 switchable remote does not have a dedicated flip button.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 16, 2013, 05:40 PM
Working to make things happen!
Joined Mar 2013
1,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Those of you that don't notice the difference between gyro-only stabilization and accelerometers are either professional pilots, don't have very heavy winds, or possibly don't fly aggressively. There's no way I could fly a V9X9 or any other gyro-only quad in 20+ MPH winds.

Azard I don't know if you have anyone else you know around you that has a small fleet of quads comprised of ones with gyro only and some with accelerometers but it really makes a big difference.

I can confirm the V222 switchable remote does not have a dedicated flip button.
I agree with you on this, but do notice I have issue with the v222 feeling less controllable than the v959. The dead area on my tx may be the biggest issue. On my other 6 axis quads, it is a very noticeable difference.
HeliStorm (FPV America) is offline Find More Posts by HeliStorm (FPV America)
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV America Petitioning the FAA
Old Nov 16, 2013, 06:49 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStorm View Post
I agree with you on this, but do notice I have issue with the v222 feeling less controllable than the v959. The dead area on my tx may be the biggest issue. On my other 6 axis quads, it is a very noticeable difference.
Switchable TX............I can definitely say it's the TX. I think I flew with the switchable TX twice and have never touched it since.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 17, 2013, 01:19 AM
Working to make things happen!
Joined Mar 2013
1,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Switchable TX............I can definitely say it's the TX. I think I flew with the switchable TX twice and have never touched it since.
Your suggestion for tx, and do you carry it?
HeliStorm (FPV America) is offline Find More Posts by HeliStorm (FPV America)
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV America Petitioning the FAA
Old Nov 17, 2013, 03:55 AM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,553 Posts
Quote:
Azard the terms 6 axis and 4 axis are missused but 4 axis usually means gyro only. 6 axis means it has a gyro and accelerometers. The 6 axis is more self leveling and therefore more stable, you let off the sticks, and it will automatically go to hover position. With gyro only, if you give the sticks forward elevator it will tend to continue in the last direction you told it to go until you counter that action.
I believe when it comes to gyro it's either 3-axis or 6-axis. example of first is v959, the second is v222. if wind pushes v959 to some direction it doesn't do anything to stop it as it doesn't tilt and it only detects tilting. I had my v959 explode in some direction in gust and if I was confused (orientation or distance) I couldn't do anything and crashed. v222 starts to drift but then counteracts so it never shoots in some direction but just slowly floats. I never crashed v222 because of wind. it may take off too high because of wind but it never behaves crazy as v959
asanovrus is offline Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2013, 04:58 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStorm View Post
Your suggestion for tx, and do you carry it?
We carry the V262 TX separately and we also carry the Devo 7E, but we have a limited number that are modded to fly the WL Toys protocol and right now, for the most part, is a DIY project.

http://www.massiverc.com/PrestaShop/...ansmitter.html
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:55 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,690 Posts
Quote:
Siriusflier, I misspoke. The Switchable Tx does not have the flip button. Thanks, for pointing my mistake out.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Nov 18, 2013, 01:06 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,690 Posts
Azard, it looks like the 6-axis and 4-axis gyro question has been sufficiently answered by the other members here.

I agree that when a 6-axis flies, it does fly nice, and the way that it hold altitude makes you look like a pro pilot. I have 6-axis models that do that. But if you are plague by dropouts, then it is not flyable at all, and any improvement is a moot point. Of course, my wish is that you don't experience the dropout and reap the full benefit of the 6-axis gyro.

20+MPH is a lot of wind. I don't think I would fly anything well under that condition. I wouldn't suggest that for anyone either.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad