HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:52 PM
Australia
Joined Mar 2013
289 Posts
Hey guys.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest as such in this Sub, but I have started a yahoo group for those keen to discuss further.

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/Neptuneers/

We hold our annual meeting in the local phone box
BieneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BieneFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2013, 02:36 PM
Joined Jul 2004
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BieneFlyer View Post
Hey guys.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest as such in this Sub, but I have started a yahoo group for those keen to discuss further.

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/Neptuneers/

We hold our annual meeting in the local phone box
Group link doesn't work. There is some interest on this forum regarding the Neptune. It is a wonderful sub and it is more of a research sub whereas on this forum it is mainly a nuke sub forum as they are "cooler" than a yellow sub. though I am more interested in research type subs.
shaneperch is offline Find More Posts by shaneperch
Old May 04, 2013, 09:05 PM
Australia
Joined Mar 2013
289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneperch View Post
Group link doesn't work. There is some interest on this forum regarding the Neptune. It is a wonderful sub and it is more of a research sub whereas on this forum it is mainly a nuke sub forum as they are "cooler" than a yellow sub. though I am more interested in research type subs.
Hi Shane

Yes, I am more keen on the 'research' Subs than anything else at the moment.

Looking forward to some video setup & lights for mine as I'd like to explore a few of our local waterways with this thing just for fun.

Will be interesting to see how she runs with the 6 blade prop I ordered.

Be a tad faster through the water I'm hoping.

PS,

Mate, this thing cost me a small fortune to buy from overseas (Scotland of all places). Still, it was a pretty good price compared to many other places. Some wanted as much as the sub for shipping. Where did you get yours from? You have three of em ?
Last edited by BieneFlyer; May 04, 2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old May 04, 2013, 09:22 PM
Joined Jul 2004
270 Posts
I got one from tower hobbies and one from Omni models then I got one form a hobby shop in Milwaukee at a hobby shop. They are expensive but worth it. I need to replace a battery in my first SB-1 as it won't charge. but other than that they are almost flawless. the only other problem I had with my second one was they put one more thin weight on it so it was heavier in the water. it would sit in the water a little too low. I took off the extra disc and it is running fine.
Old May 04, 2013, 11:16 PM
Australia
Joined Mar 2013
289 Posts
The battey might be salvageable with a decent charger?

I have an old 12v battery sitting around here that wont take a charge.

When I get a chance, I'm going to try and revive it with my Imax B6AC

I have heard of people having success recovering 12v batts with that charger.

Never tried it (only used it on my LiPos so far) but worth a go.

Talking of weights, I found one of mine loose in the box. Must have come off in shipping.

I've just put them back as per the manual diagram and she floats as described.

Guess I'll need to move them around if I add a camera and lights.

Have you added any of that stuff yet ? I see Omni Models has the video camera for $67.00

Not sure if the 50ft long cable and that viewer (Polyphemus) ? are the go.

I'm sure the camera could be rigged to your own cable & bouy/video link ?
Old May 05, 2013, 12:20 PM
Joined Jul 2004
270 Posts
Yes I have seen people run the cable to a floating bouy and inside was a 2.4 g transmitter and works great. the sub only goes to 30 feet and a 50 cable will be long enough. I don't have a camera in any of mine. but someday. Yes my second submarine had a weight that was loose inside it. fixed it and floats good. Then it had one too many weights and it wouldn't float high enough. it had one too many disc weights