SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:57 AM
Joined Apr 2013
28 Posts
Discussion
Glasair sportsman virtual instructor and Dx7s

I just did my maiden flight on the glasair sportsman today using the dx4e transmitter. First, I have to say that this plane was a blast to fly, I had never flown a rc plane before, except on simulator... I ran three batteries and flew about 40 minutes without a glitch, did at least 10 landings and the plane is still in one piece! Now comes the question... I want to bind the sportsman to my dx7s and retain the use of the VI function... I know the binding will probably be straightforward, but how do I assign the vi function to one of my buttons? Does anybody know what channel the Vi is on or how to accomplish this?
Glasairsportsman is offline Find More Posts by Glasairsportsman
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:28 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,112 Posts
Welcome! Good stuff, a sim and this plane are great for people starting out that can't get or don't want help .... I'm a DIY kind of personality and loved the challenge. I found the sim my key to some initial success. Like all/most beginners had to learn what winds to avoid and little lessons as I went to smaller more convenient areas.
Try this page in the Glasair thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1806041&page=3
immelguy is offline Find More Posts by immelguy
Old Apr 17, 2013, 09:41 AM
Joined Apr 2013
28 Posts
Thank you very much for the link, I have been reading this forum for weeks, cannot believe I missed the VI on channel 5 info! Great plane to learn on for sure...
Glasairsportsman is offline Find More Posts by Glasairsportsman
Old May 02, 2013, 08:15 AM
Joined Mar 2013
6 Posts
Maiden flight glasair sportsman

HobbyZone Glasair sportsman gopro on board (3 min 40 sec)
vagana96 is offline Find More Posts by vagana96
Old May 02, 2013, 12:27 PM
Frozen Fingers
United States, VT, Morristown
Joined Nov 2012
213 Posts
The VI is assigned to the gear switch on my DX7s. Someone on the Glasair main page said that in 0 mode the VI was on. It is the opposite on my TX. The VI is working with the gear lever in the I mode.
strokeracevt is offline Find More Posts by strokeracevt