HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2004, 05:46 PM
near Byron Bay, Australia
Joined Sep 2002
733 Posts
East Coast Australia Sites ?

Im thinking of a 3 or 4 or 5 day road trip to do some slope flyin. Planning to head south from Northern NSW to as far as Sydney or Newcastle area.
Does anyone know of any slope sites I should be stopping at ?
At this stage Ill be leaving next Thurs(pm) or Friday 16th Jan to get back by Monday pm.

Lancair
Lancair is offline Find More Posts by Lancair
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2004, 01:04 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,026 Posts
There's a couple of hills around Laureton (near port macquarie)

I used to go camping at a place called Hat Head (east of Kempsey) which has some big cliffs and hills around there.
I didn't fly back then but I did some exploring for fishing spots and like most coast sites in N.S.W as long as the winds are easterly based you won't have a problem finding somewhere.

Maybe buy a topographic? map that shows all the terain detail so you have an idea of some of the many hills and cliffs down the whole east coast. Compare that to your local sites and you will get a good idea on how they at least size up before you get there. I don't think they have maps that show landing zones though

There is probably a N.S.W hanglider site that may give some more answers to good hills.

Cheers
Paul
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch