SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Aug 09, 2013, 01:21 PM
Joined Jul 2013
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadamson View Post
And just make sure you check back here with any questions, etc... we'll help you as quickly as we can.

Alan
Nobody is helping me
Pablo Fernandez is offline Find More Posts by Pablo Fernandez
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2013, 02:37 PM
Joined Jul 2013
19 Posts
[QUOTE=AES256;25769130]I have been having similar problems to what csgimbal has been reporting. csgimbal: have you had any luck since your last post?

To AES256: unfortunately not. I the end, I tried to power the board and use it, but the motors had a strange behaviour for couple of seconds and all stopped working. I think the board had an issue (I've ordered an other board).

Is there any way to check if the motors are connected in the right order ?
csgimbal is offline Find More Posts by csgimbal
Old Aug 09, 2013, 02:58 PM
Joined Jul 2013
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Fernandez View Post
Nobody is helping me
What problems are you having currently?

Quote:
I think i'm giving up on the EvvGC and moving on to SimpleBGC. Need to get my 3 gimbals working and I can't put more time into trying to get this setup working.
I would recommend using a proven solution if you need your gimbals working asap, and then work on your evvgc implementation on the side when you have time.

Quote:
Hello evvaldis. Great job.
When will this be implemented for the pitch?
I can see that you have "YAW auto PAN" button in the GUI but not for PITCH

Just in case so I don't missunderstand... Is the AutoPan mode and the Follow mode the same thing???
As I understand it, autopan and follow mode are the same thing. I don't know if anyone has implemented an auto pitch follow mode on any open source (or even closed source) handheld gimbal yet. Although it's possible, it might require more advanced code to be useful. Most of the auto follow modes I've seen so far are pretty slow and not all that sophisticated.
AES256 is offline Find More Posts by AES256
Old Aug 09, 2013, 03:07 PM
Joined Jul 2013
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3style View Post
Just got my 3AXIS movi clone and EVVGC 1.2 board in the mail today.

So from what i Have read online. Im in for some major time consuming issues haha.

Just to spare me some time. Am I correct on this?

1. Flash board with latest FW using a USART USB programer and the cables to the PINOUTS on the board not using USB. any tips on where to get latest fw?
2. Fix so mosfest dont burn out
3. Have battery connected while flashing the board.
4. Make sure im on the right usb drivers.

any tips are welcomed AND I WILL SHARE MY PIDS once i have it setup. Sharing pids is nice!
I recently added some instructions to the wiki on git:
https://github.com/EvvGC/Firmware/wiki/Flashing

I actually can't find a link to a compiled version of the latest firmware (and haven't needed to compile a copy myself yet). Can anyone help out with that? Here's the newest version uploaded to this thread by evvaldis, though: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25606624
Last edited by AES256; Aug 09, 2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old Aug 09, 2013, 03:36 PM
Joined Jul 2013
17 Posts
Here's a question for the experts among us....

Suppose I want to use an external ESC, bypass the FETs, and just sample PWM off the board. Where can I tap in to the PWM signal on the PCB?
Old Aug 09, 2013, 03:37 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AES256 View Post
I recently added some instructions to the wiki on git:
https://github.com/EvvGC/Firmware/wiki/Flashing

I actually can't find a link to a compiled version of the latest firmware (and haven't needed to compile a copy myself yet). Can anyone help out with that? Here's the newest version uploaded to this thread by evvaldis, though: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25606624
Look in the git in the original souce. The hex is there
aadamson is offline Find More Posts by aadamson
Old Aug 09, 2013, 04:24 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1 Posts
Hello. Quite new to all of this. Is there a some form of step by step guide to how to get this up and running?
I have bought the EVVGC 1.2 board.

Many thanks
FlyAzza is offline Find More Posts by FlyAzza
Old Aug 09, 2013, 05:17 PM
United States, OH, Kinsman
Joined May 2013
229 Posts
I know its a NO NO but just want to know if its possible.
Read on a forum that AlexMos nulled will run on the EVVGC board.

Thing is as much as I would love to run the EVVGC board. its so damn complicated. Some one could do a youtube video showing how to flash and program that would be so cool. I had ADHD and am suffering to concentrate to read all this. Damn Test month with no weed or medication is killing my concentration hahahahahahah...

What I have so far is in this picture.

My biggest questions is off course. How to flash the board using my USBASP if its even possible. And if i need to have it at 3.3V or 5V

Any can tell me also about this voltage regulator or whatever that is how it works?

fr3style is offline Find More Posts by fr3style
Old Aug 09, 2013, 06:42 PM
Hovership
United States, CA, Cupertino
Joined Aug 2010
1,022 Posts
I haven't been able to get much past flashing the firmware onto this board. I can read and write settings when powering over UART4 only. Then I pull the UART off and power over lipo and the motors hold a position but stay locked in that position as i tilt the copter. Motors are getting very warm even with only 30% power settings. Not sure if there is an issue with my board or the software isnt there yet. Just dont think it is the software's fault of this is working for others.
3rdeyepro is offline Find More Posts by 3rdeyepro
Old Aug 09, 2013, 07:03 PM
Joined Apr 2007
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AES256 View Post
Here's a question for the experts among us....

Suppose I want to use an external ESC, bypass the FETs, and just sample PWM off the board. Where can I tap in to the PWM signal on the PCB?
Been trying to find a way to do this as well. I even have esc's flashed with firmware to drive brushless gimbal motors (which work well controlled by a transmitter), just no way to communicate with them to actually make use of them with a controller...
Samdamang is offline Find More Posts by Samdamang
Old Aug 09, 2013, 07:11 PM
Joined Apr 2007
93 Posts
Quote:
There was somebody posting about that on this thread, but he was just bs'ing.

Quote:
Any can tell me also about this voltage regulator or whatever that is how it works?
As previously posted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurebreeze View Post
Old Aug 09, 2013, 07:12 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
Quote:
I know its a NO NO but just want to know if its possible.

Thing is as much as I would love to run the EVVGC board. its so damn complicated. Some one could do a youtube video showing how to flash and program that would be so cool. I had ADHD and am suffering to concentrate to read all this. Damn Test month with no weed or medication is killing my concentration hahahahahahah...

What I have so far is in this picture.

My biggest questions is off course. How to flash the board using my USBASP if its even possible. And if i need to have it at 3.3V or 5V

First, the alexmox board uses a totally different processor and 8bit one, so that code won't run on a 32 bit processor at all.

Second, you can't flash the EvvGC board with a USBASP, all that is needed is a usb/serial adapter as published in the first post of this thread - and it *MUST* be a 3v3 compliant version, not a 5V one as the processor is only a 3v3 version and putting 5V into it will kill it.

There was a whole number of pages of flashing instructions, search on my user id (aadamson) and you'll find them. it's not that hard, but you have to make sure you follow the #1 critical rule... DO NOT, under and circumstances put LIPO voltage on the board and the same time you flash it, it WILL blow up the FET's and most likely the processor.

basically, it's really not that complicated, just find the thread, get the right tools and do it, and you may have remove./bridge those 2 resistors on the back of the board as referenced on the first post.

Alan
aadamson is offline Find More Posts by aadamson
Old Aug 09, 2013, 07:15 PM
Poland
Joined Jul 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadamson View Post
Second, you can't flash the EvvGC board with a USBASP, all that is needed is a usb/serial adapter as published in the first post of this thread - and it *MUST* be a 3v3 compliant version, not a 5V one as the processor is only a 3v3 version and putting 5V into it will kill it.
Alan, it's not 100% true. EvvGC accepts 5v RX & TX as these pins are 5v tollerant. This is the way I use my 5v FTDI usb converter However, what is true, you MUSTN'T power on the board with 5v - this will kill MCU.
acc007 is offline Find More Posts by acc007
Old Aug 09, 2013, 07:22 PM
Joined Apr 2007
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdeyepro View Post
Not sure if there is an issue with my board or the software isnt there yet. Just dont think it is the software's fault of this is working for others.
From my experience with both versions of the board, the software works well enough to do the job with the smaller rigs for say the GoPro or such. Even the auotpan/follow mode works perfectly fine (with a potentiometer). The smaller RCTimer motors work well even up to the one's they call 5010's.

Where it falls short for me is trying to get into the DSLR range with 4110's or 5208's. I just can't seem to get enough power to the motors to completely hold, though they get pretty close. Still waiting for a 5 cell battery to show up for a final test, but this board isn't really designed to have to burn off so much voltage through the regulator so this wouldn't be the ideal scenario even if it did work.

The 2.0 board will take care of those issues for the bigger rigs whenever that gets underway. Probably won't be for a while though
Old Aug 09, 2013, 07:38 PM
Hovership
United States, CA, Cupertino
Joined Aug 2010
1,022 Posts
Guess I will keep watching and waiting. Until then I got a $50 board that does nothing.
3rdeyepro is offline Find More Posts by 3rdeyepro
Closed Thread