SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Aug 01, 2013, 05:15 AM
Joined Jun 2012
15 Posts
Sorry for dump question but anyone can tell me witch firmware I have to upload to my 1.2(airbot) board to be able to control yaw with RC? Or this kind of firmware does not exist yet?
chester_kz is offline Find More Posts by chester_kz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2013, 08:28 AM
Germany
Joined Jan 2011
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPhill View Post
I am still waiting on altium so I am not to sure of the pin mapping for the rest of the ports. Do you have these by any chance?
The EvvGC v1.2 package you can download at the end of the first post includes a pdf file with the schematics.
ala42 is offline Find More Posts by ala42
Old Aug 01, 2013, 08:36 AM
Germany
Joined Jan 2011
231 Posts
Quote:
Also, are you printing to the serial port? this caused major problems for me when trying to get the motor to run smoothly.
dt is not measured, simply 2 ms is assumed. So anything which changes the loop timing causes trouble.
Old Aug 01, 2013, 09:00 AM
evvGC - 2208 KV80 - 3s LiPo
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Jul 2013
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acc007 View Post
texSC,

I think you do really strange with playing with these TIM_Period. I previously tested changing TIM_Prescaler only and had the motors running at 36khz PWM.

I browsed your github, you changed TIM_Period from 1000 (which should be 999 in fact), but you did not change anything else. You should also change the way software drives these timers with CCR registers. These are being driven by FW with values 0..1000 - which is good for original TIM_Period of 1000. Once you change TIM_Period to lower value, you should scale down the CCR driving so it will take values ranged from 0 to your TIM_Period.
Haha yea I probably should've noted in there that I'm not a hardware programmer, lol! I've only coded web apps using C#, JAVA, & NodeJS (JavaScript). I learned some C++, but that was 13 years ago... With all that being said, I've always wanted to get into hardware coding, so this is my first run at at it

Quote:
-Austin

I have also done some experimenting with the frequency. Have you made sure that when updating the CCRx registers the factors are correct according to the period?

I have the following:

Code:
//works out values for CCRx registers
#define TIM1_PERIOD 1000
#define TIM1_CENTER_VAL TIM1_PERIOD/2
#define TIM1_PWR_SF TIM1_CENTER_VAL/100

TIM1->CCR1=(sin(pitch_output )*TIM1_PWR_SF*configData[6])+TIM1_CENTER_VAL;
TIM1->CCR2=(sin(pitch_output+2.09)*TIM1_PWR_SF*configDa ta[6])+TIM1_CENTER_VAL;
TIM1->CCR3=(sin(pitch_output+4.19)*TIM1_PWR_SF*configDa ta[6])+TIM1_CENTER_VAL;
Also, are you printing to the serial port? this caused major problems for me when trying to get the motor to run smoothly. I am still experiencing a few issues at certain pitches but I have narrowed it down to inaccuracies in the actual gimbal alignment.
No, total noob at hardware programming... But thanks for posting some example code, I can work with that!

I knew that the timer setups were probably being used elsewhere, but hadn't taken the time to go through the code and see if I needed to update anything else after changing the timer period. I was (incorrectly ) assuming the related code would automagically handle changes to the frequencies set.

As far as printing to the serial port I'm not sure I totally follow... I haven't changed any code other than the TIM_Prescaler & TIM_Period so far, so if it was previously printing to the serial port then yes it still is. I have noticed that while running the gui & updating PID values (through UART4) getting it to run semi-smothly, then disconnecting UART4 (and resetting board) the motor it will sometimes behave differently (very jerky/erratic) than when previously connected through UART4. I think I read somewhere that someone else was experiencing this. Maybe this is relating to printing to the serial port that you're talking about? Is printing to the serial port used for debugging?

I'm shocked I got it running smoothly as it is without changing these CCR values, hopefully fixing those values will make it silky smooth without any of the small vibrations I'm currently having
texSC is offline Find More Posts by texSC
Last edited by texSC; Aug 01, 2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old Aug 01, 2013, 10:04 AM
Joined Jun 2013
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by texSC View Post

As far as printing to the serial port I'm not sure I totally follow... I haven't changed any code other than the TIM_Prescaler & TIM_Period so far, so if it was previously printing to the serial port then yes it still is. I have noticed that while running the gui & updating PID values (through UART4) getting it to run semi-smothly, then disconnecting UART4 (and resetting board) the motor it will sometimes behave differently (very jerky/erratic) than when previously connected through UART4. I think I read somewhere that someone else was experiencing this. Maybe this is relating to printing to the serial port that you're talking about? Is printing to the serial port used for debugging?
If you haven't changed anything then don't worry. Yes I have been using USART4 for debugging but in the future it may be useful for displaying data on the GUI in real time. In that case the issues that it causes will need to be resolved. I suspect it has something to do with the interrupt priority but not entirely sure.

Doing work for BigBird. check them out at bigbird.tv
Best of luck.
PaulPhill is offline Find More Posts by PaulPhill
Old Aug 01, 2013, 11:11 AM
China, Guangdong, Guangzhou
Joined Jul 2013
26 Posts
I am using the 2208 motor to test, my board is 1.3, I can't make the gimbals stable. How to adjust?

Regards,
ZhangZQ
zhangzq71 is offline Find More Posts by zhangzq71
Old Aug 01, 2013, 12:50 PM
China, Guangdong, Guangzhou
Joined Jul 2013
26 Posts
Finally it runs very well, very good! I will make a video soon later.

Regards,
ZhangZQ
zhangzq71 is offline Find More Posts by zhangzq71
Old Aug 01, 2013, 04:26 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
I'm still out of town for a few more days, but it looks like people are getting the pre1.3ce2 boards up and functional. Also looks like some usb/serial devices aren't designed too well...

Also noticed a few people use the eclipse repo. I've received no other versions from evaldis beyond what it there.

I saw some back and forth about the system header file with the buss speeds, etc but from what I can tell, it works as is with no changes.

Seeing as I have 3 boards I'll be building when I get back, are there any changes to the eclipse repo that are required? If so, can someone either send me a pull request, or drop me a note with the required changes.

I saw the comments about the footprint on the I2C connector, that was done to make layout simpler and because we moved everything to the top of the board.

NOTE on the 6S need... I really doubt that this board should be used with 6S for a variety of reasons. Some components are rated for 25V only and putting 24v into a 3v3 regulator that is expected to dissipate the other 21-22v as heat isn't probably a good idea. This board (the 1.2 and 1.3 boards) don't have any proper heat sinking built into them. The talk about a 2.0 board was to address that, but that's is frankly a ways away as we are all just working to get the 1.3 boards up and functional.

Anyway, I've been following the bouncing ball some while away...

Alan
aadamson is offline Find More Posts by aadamson
Old Aug 01, 2013, 06:29 PM
Germany
Joined Jan 2011
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadamson View Post
Seeing as I have 3 boards I'll be building when I get back, are there any changes to the eclipse repo that are required? If so, can someone either send me a pull request, or drop me a note with the required changes.
I am not sure what the eclipse repo is. I took the sources from https://github.com/EvvGC/Firmware, which did not even pass the compiler, as some #include statements were missing.
I have made a makefile and fixed some bugs in the mean time, e.g. removed the endless loop when using compiler optimization, made AUX3 usable, fixed the RC channel arithmetic, added startup messages, cleaned up engine.c a bit, made global variables local, added systick timer functions, measure dt instead of assuming it is 2ms.
Next on my list is interrupt driven serial output so debug messages have just low impact on the timing and measuring the FET control timing, especially the timing and start up delay of timer4+5.
I run the code on my F1 dev board at the moment.
Old Aug 01, 2013, 06:33 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ala42 View Post
I am not sure what the eclipse repo is. I took the sources from https://github.com/EvvGC/Firmware, which did not even pass the compiler, as some #include statements were missing.
I have made a makefile and fixed some bugs in the mean time, e.g. removed the endless loop when using compiler optimization, made AUX3 usable, fixed the RC channel arithmetic, added startup messages, cleaned up engine.c a bit, made global variables local, added systick timer functions, measure dt instead of assuming it is 2ms.
Next on my list is interrupt driven serial output so debug messages have just low impact on the timing and measuring the FET control timing, especially the timing and start up delay of timer4+5.
I run the code on my F1 dev board at the moment.
That's the repo and if you'd have taken the setup/.cproject.orig and used it to import to eclipse it would build... if there were some missing includes, it did build as it was pushed on my machine.

I know about the optimization issue, but I didn't have time to mess with anything before I left for holiday.

If you just send me the sources when you fix them up, I'll update the repo and repush. Thanks Alfred...
aadamson is offline Find More Posts by aadamson
Old Aug 01, 2013, 06:43 PM
Qick'nDirtySolutionExpert
Germany, BY, Bobingen
Joined Mar 2013
75 Posts
i was off some days, but I miss some news in software and/or about the v2 hardware?
for v.2 hardware:
I'm currently testing a mini-sized-2-axis-GC and I'm impressed about the easy and simple usage of the tc4424
i believe, there is a much more stable power side of the EvvGC when using a driver ic like the TC4452 for example - 12 amps and 1 ohm - impressive.

just my 2 cents
rgds
lutz
Overtuner is offline Find More Posts by Overtuner
Old Aug 01, 2013, 06:46 PM
Qick'nDirtySolutionExpert
Germany, BY, Bobingen
Joined Mar 2013
75 Posts
i posted a reply, but doesn't appear ?

edit: its late should went to horizontal position
Overtuner is offline Find More Posts by Overtuner
Last edited by Overtuner; Aug 01, 2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: confudsed.
Old Aug 01, 2013, 07:07 PM
Germany
Joined Jan 2011
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadamson View Post
That's the repo and if you'd have taken the setup/.cproject.orig and used it to import to eclipse it would build... if there were some missing includes, it did build as it was pushed on my machine.
I tried again without these includes and it still builds up fine. Probably I overlooked some other errors at that time caused by missing include pathes.
Old Aug 02, 2013, 02:05 AM
Joined Feb 2012
11 Posts
Hi I apologize to all pe ril my English. Evvaldis thanks for your wonderful work. I purchased (unfortunately) the controller from goodluckbuy. The controller is without resistors that protect the mosfets. I wanted to know what resistors buy and if possible to have the link. Thank you all for the help.
blurex is offline Find More Posts by blurex
Old Aug 02, 2013, 02:54 AM
Joined Feb 2012
11 Posts
europa

Quote:
Originally Posted by evvaldis View Post
Here is jumpers on BOOT0 and NRST:
Quote:
Originally Posted by acc007 View Post
Hi guys,

attached photo of 1.3ce2 board made by iteadstudio - just got it :-)
someone in europe who sells 1.3ce2 ? course together with a list of the components ...
blurex is offline Find More Posts by blurex
Closed Thread