HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:40 AM
Germany
Joined Jan 2011
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPhill View Post
experimental code seems to have somehow damaged my board.. I can still program it but when turning off config mode ti draws a large amount of current..
How much is 'large' ?
Disconnect the motors. Does it still draw much current ?
Which components get heated up ?
ala42 is offline Find More Posts by ala42
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:48 AM
Portland, OR, USA
Joined Mar 2010
268 Posts
Sorry, the group buy is all done.
Tom Frisch is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frisch
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:58 AM
United States, AL, Birmingham
Joined Jul 2013
47 Posts
Hi,

What is the procedure for running the GUI please? Can it be run with lipo power and motors connected? Should the 3.3v from the USB to UART be disconnected if so?

Thanks for your answers,
Tony
tmarone is offline Find More Posts by tmarone
Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:07 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarone View Post
Hi,

What is the procedure for running the GUI please? Can it be run with lipo power and motors connected? Should the 3.3v from the USB to UART be disconnected if so?

Thanks for your answers,
Tony
my suggestion is as follows.

a) unplug any lipo power (this isn't absolutely critical with the GUI, but a good suggestion)
b) make sure the IMU is installed and wired correctly
c) plug the usb/serial adapter into UART4 connection on the board, TX, RX, 3v3 and GND
d) load up the GUI and you should be able to talk to the board to configure it.

Alan
aadamson is offline Find More Posts by aadamson
Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:08 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frisch View Post
Sorry, the group buy is all done.
Thanks Tom, kinda figured as much, but didn't know if you had any spares.

acc007, I know you are in EU somewhere, but at one time, you had some spare 1.3 boards? Do you still?

Alan
aadamson is offline Find More Posts by aadamson
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:04 PM
Joined Jun 2013
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ala42 View Post
How much is 'large' ?
Disconnect the motors. Does it still draw much current ?
Which components get heated up ?
I'm limiting it but it will draw well over 4A if I allow it. Yes even with the motors disconnected. All the mosfets get hot if I allow enough current through..

I was making good progress sorting out all the orientation issues on the experimental code. Now I am scared to try it on a new board.
PaulPhill is offline Find More Posts by PaulPhill
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:18 PM
Germany
Joined Jan 2011
231 Posts
Does this also happen when you flash back to the original firmware ?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:19 PM
Joined Jun 2013
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ala42 View Post
Does this also happen when you flash back to the original firmware ?
Yes
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:20 PM
Poland
Joined Jul 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadamson View Post
acc007, I know you are in EU somewhere, but at one time, you had some spare 1.3 boards? Do you still?
Yes, however PCB only. Anyone interested, PM me. Photo here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post25725713

At this moment I don't have all the components so I cannot sell soldered board.
acc007 is offline Find More Posts by acc007
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:20 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2 Posts
Hi guys, I'm having some troubles on the flashing procedure. I had followed all the instructions and advices in this forum, but none of them seem to work for me.

I'd jumped boot0 and nrst, then connected to the pc via uart1 (via Sparkfun FTDI basic) and open the Flash loader. Then I disconnect the jump on nrst and fast click next.

Till here all works ok, but then I'm stuck in this step where says "Remove protection" and there's the red light on the traffic light. I keep pressing the button and trying over and over but anything let me continue with the other steps.

Have anyone experienced the same situation? Is there anything I'm doing wrong? :S
brnat72 is offline Find More Posts by brnat72
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:25 PM
Poland
Joined Jul 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Paul. I've removed the branch from the repo for now. We will investigate.

Sorry for your challenges. I'll have 1.3 boards up real soon.

Alan
I don't think this is a good idea to remove experimental git branch. This by default means 'use it at your own risk'. I flashed it and FETs survived (12v supply). Now after removing branch you don't have git and will email the files between developers? Guys, come on, this is experimental... There is no hex file to flash, so it already means it is for experienced people who can build it on their owns...

And btw... anyone has idea how to create your own subforum? Would be nice to split evvgc-users and evvgc-dev...
acc007 is offline Find More Posts by acc007
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:27 PM
Germany
Joined Jan 2011
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPhill View Post
I'm limiting it but it will draw well over 4A if I allow it.
Does it also draw much when the CPU is in reset state ?
You do have the pull downs at the FETs, right ?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:27 PM
Joined Jun 2013
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acc007 View Post
I don't think this is a good idea to remove experimental git branch. This by default means 'use it at your own risk'. I flashed it and FETs survived (12v supply). Now after removing branch you don't have git and will email the files between developers? Guys, come on, this is experimental... There is no hex file to flash, so it already means it is for experienced people who can build it on their owns...

And btw... anyone has idea how to create your own subforum? Would be nice to split evvgc-users and evvgc-dev...
I agree. keep it there. Its definitely heading in the right direction. Besides, it seemed to work fine when I first tried it. Could just as easily be a mistake on my side somewhere.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:30 PM
Joined Jun 2013
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acc007 View Post
I think it is probably time to split this off maybe onto its own domain... I can look into some options for this. I know some others said they had servers at their disposal to run it on....

Anyways since the original maintainer does not come around much and he is the only one who can edit the thread it makes it hard.
CaptChrisD is offline Find More Posts by CaptChrisD
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:32 PM
Joined Sep 2011
32 Posts
Quote:
5.5k? the instructions called for a 100K and if the axis is at 45 degrees are you saying the IMU is located that way at level? if so, that's not going to work... If the IMU is level when the camera is level, then it's most likely the too small of pot and autopan isn't working correctly.
At page one is a picture that shows a poti and the text above says 1-100K
It is working, but the cam comes always back to 45 left, not to center. Maybe it is possible to change that in the software, but keil ist not mine :-(

How can I level the IMU
funfox is offline Find More Posts by funfox
Closed Thread