Closed Thread
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:43 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DionPaz View Post
Hi everybody,
I just jumped on this wagon, so I am new to everything. Could anybody advise me about which battery I should buy for this controller? I would highly appreciate the help.
Thanks
What motors? on the 1.2 board, I don't think I'd try anything larger than a 4S
aadamson is offline Find More Posts by aadamson
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2013, 01:50 AM
Joined Feb 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadamson View Post
There is a complete connection drawing in the thread... back towards the beginning.

Unfortunately the originator doesn't show up very often and no-one else can edit the thread...

External to the site, but here is the connection drawing.
http://shop.myairbot.com/index.php/e...ontroller.html

Alan
thanks for the quick response. the link does not work.: O
blurex is offline Find More Posts by blurex
Old Aug 15, 2013, 02:12 AM
Joined Apr 2007
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurex View Post
thanks for the quick response. the link does not work.: O
Posted earlier today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy0933 View Post
just heard from AirBot. they are putting down the site for maintenance for 24h...
Samdamang is offline Find More Posts by Samdamang
Old Aug 15, 2013, 02:16 AM
Joined Feb 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdamang View Post
Posted earlier today...
okay. look. Thank you.
blurex is offline Find More Posts by blurex
Old Aug 15, 2013, 03:00 AM
Joined Jul 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
I broke down and ordered my stencil today... normally I just do it with dobs of solderpaste, but I hate having to fix the processor doing it that way.... this time I'll do it with stencil...

Hmm, now I need solder paste and a squeegy (sp)...

Alan
I include a Solder Paste Spreader with every order Alan... it's a plastic card, similar to a credit card but it works just fine for prototyping and small volume runs. It's all you need for a project like this It's packed in with your stencil.

-B
OSHStencils is offline Find More Posts by OSHStencils
Old Aug 15, 2013, 05:10 AM
Poland
Joined Jul 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSHStencils View Post
I include a Solder Paste Spreader with every order Alan... it's a plastic card, similar to a credit card but it works just fine for prototyping and small volume runs. It's all you need for a project like this It's packed in with your stencil.

-B
I didn't have it with my 1.3ce2 stencil, just kapton stencil and the same printed on paper - so you don't add it to every order Maybe you started adding it later?
acc007 is offline Find More Posts by acc007
Old Aug 15, 2013, 05:39 AM
Joined Sep 2011
32 Posts
How can I calibrate YAW?
My hand held axis is not in 90, it is in 45. So I think it is caused from I using 5.5Kohms poti and the software is written for 10K poti. Is that correct? If, it will be great to have a correction tool in the GUI :-)
funfox is offline Find More Posts by funfox
Last edited by funfox; Aug 15, 2013 at 06:30 AM.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 07:24 AM
Joined Jun 2013
136 Posts
experimental code seems to have somehow damaged my board.. I can still program it but when turning off config mode ti draws a large amount of current..
PaulPhill is offline Find More Posts by PaulPhill
Old Aug 15, 2013, 08:26 AM
Joined Aug 2013
8 Posts
Looks like a new big motor for large cameras is now available. ~$240 each, though...

GBM8017-120T
Weight:318grams
Copper wire thickness: 0.29mm
Pre-wound turns : 120 turns
DC resistance (ohms): 14.7
Motor dimension: 90*13mm
Mounting hole (Top/ bottom ) : 52,33mm
Camera range: Red Epic,Black magic or similar size camera.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ultra...219134930.html
http://www.funtobuyonline.com/ipower...ra-gimbal.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overtuner View Post
short news:
4S, 1.5amps per motor(GBM5206)

Might need Overtuner's mod for these!

Cheers,
Dave.
climberhunt is offline Find More Posts by climberhunt
Old Aug 15, 2013, 08:54 AM
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPhill View Post
experimental code seems to have somehow damaged my board.. I can still program it but when turning off config mode ti draws a large amount of current..
Darn... It sounds like a fet was damaged somehow. Until further notice, *DO NOT* use the experimental branch... I'll go remove it from github for now...

We were pretty thorough with the evaluation of the PWM outputs, using a logic analyser we looked for startup spikes, etc. Didnt see any.

For now the only software to use is the 0.3g release from evaldis.

Who btw, I heard from last night, he's been tied up with a *work* project that he's completed, so we should hear from him again soon.

I'll go do some research and see if we can figure out what happened with the experimental branch...

BTW, sounds like the processor is ok... see if one of the fets is cold or hot when in that high current state, maybe you can replace a fet and bring it back to life... if you find one, make sure you note which one it is and let us know.

Maybe ala42 will have some further diagnosis information when he sees this post.

btw, in all the test, there was no way your broke the cardinal rule was there? I really hope we can get usb up on these boards so we don't have that issue *ever*

Alan
Old Aug 15, 2013, 08:56 AM
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfox View Post
How can I calibrate YAW?
My hand held axis is not in 90, it is in 45. So I think it is caused from I using 5.5Kohms poti and the software is written for 10K poti. Is that correct? If, it will be great to have a correction tool in the GUI :-)
5.5k? the instructions called for a 100K and if the axis is at 45 degrees are you saying the IMU is located that way at level? if so, that's not going to work... If the IMU is level when the camera is level, then it's most likely the too small of pot and autopan isn't working correctly.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 09:29 AM
Joined Jun 2013
136 Posts
Quote:
Darn... It sounds like a fet was damaged somehow. Until further notice, *DO NOT* use the experimental branch... I'll go remove it from github for now...

We were pretty thorough with the evaluation of the PWM outputs, using a logic analyser we looked for startup spikes, etc. Didnt see any.

For now the only software to use is the 0.3g release from evaldis.

Who btw, I heard from last night, he's been tied up with a *work* project that he's completed, so we should hear from him again soon.

I'll go do some research and see if we can figure out what happened with the experimental branch...

BTW, sounds like the processor is ok... see if one of the fets is cold or hot when in that high current state, maybe you can replace a fet and bring it back to life... if you find one, make sure you note which one it is and let us know.

Maybe ala42 will have some further diagnosis information when he sees this post.

btw, in all the test, there was no way your broke the cardinal rule was there? I really hope we can get usb up on these boards so we don't have that issue *ever*

Alan
Thanks Alan,

I must mention that I had made some changes to the code but nothing to do with timers or anything related.. Just added a orientation routine.

I am quite certain that I didn't break the rule. After loading code countless times I have got in a good routine.

Its weird no smoke and all mosfets appear to read well. Luckily another board appeared at our doorstep yesterday. Must have been a mistake from Airbot.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:13 AM
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Alan,

I must mention that I had made some changes to the code but nothing to do with timers or anything related.. Just added a orientation routine.

I am quite certain that I didn't break the rule. After loading code countless times I have got in a good routine.

Its weird no smoke and all mosfets appear to read well. Luckily another board appeared at our doorstep yesterday. Must have been a mistake from Airbot.
Thanks Paul. I've removed the branch from the repo for now. We will investigate.

Sorry for your challenges. I'll have 1.3 boards up real soon.

Alan
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:16 AM
Joined Jun 2013
136 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Paul. I've removed the branch from the repo for now. We will investigate.

Sorry for your challenges. I'll have 1.3 boards up real soon.

Alan
Do you have a spare 1.3 board we could buy from you?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:39 AM
Joined Dec 2010
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Do you have a spare 1.3 board we could buy from you?
I don't. See if Tom has any spares from his group buy.

Sorry mine are all spoken for
Closed Thread