HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2013, 04:24 PM
Der Schaum-Krieg-Vogel Piloten
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
1,047 Posts
Discussion
FlyFly Models?

I'm thinking about adding another warbird to the hanger, and recently ran across this guy http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=1707

I already have an Eflight Zero 300 and a Tex Bf-109 in this scale. I love the smaller size, due to my smaller flying field, but I get brushless 2S power and more resistance to light wind than the 1S UM's. I sure would like to have a Mustang to round out the Japanese and German planes.

Anyone have any experience with FlyFly models, or this seller? Looks like a nice little plane, but I would love to hear from someone that has see one in person...
FLTRI is online now Find More Posts by FLTRI
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2013, 05:22 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Oct 2011
621 Posts
I trust Horizon Hobby (American) and their excellent customer support.
Who are these Chinese FlyFly guys who can barely speeky zee Engrish??
Audioguru is offline Find More Posts by Audioguru
Old Apr 12, 2013, 05:44 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioguru View Post
I trust Horizon Hobby (American) and their excellent customer support.
Who are these Chinese FlyFly guys who can barely speeky zee Engrish??
Don't forget Horizon's planes are made in China and there were huge problems with the Carbon Cub. Yes, Horizon handled the problems, but I'll bet they got hurt financially and also lost some customers.

China is a mixed bag. You never know if you're dealing with a serious businessman trying to build a customer base or someone who thinks he's slick ripping people off and disappearing in the night.

Hobby King looks like they are trying maybe Fly Fly is okay. I don't know. I do know that the Chinese government took harsh measures on the guys who sold the pet food laced with melamine.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Apr 13, 2013, 04:49 PM
Der Schaum-Krieg-Vogel Piloten
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jan 2013
1,047 Posts
I decided to pass, and get another Tex Warbird from Nitroplanes. The Bf-109 I got from them is a pretty nice plane, flies well, and it was shipped immediately. They are having a 10% off sale through the weekend, so they hooked me...

I got the Spitfire, so at least I have something to battle the Axis powers now.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/95a385-21...tfire-arf.html
FLTRI is online now Find More Posts by FLTRI
Old May 13, 2013, 01:47 AM
Micro enthusiast
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2011
803 Posts
I had one of these, I say had because after a number of frustrating attempts to get her in the air she just wouldnt play nice.

Ended up breaking the wing a number of times and it repaired easily enough. But after trying to get her airborne and failing I gave up and cut her up to salvage the parts.

The foam used is pretty tough, it took a lot of cutting to get her into pieces.

The problem I discovered was that it would take to the air and roll immediately to the left on hand launch. Most of the time into a high pitch nose up attitude and roll to the left, stall and come back to earth real quick. There was never enough time to recover her, as she was pretty fast.

Still she looked the part, very nice details etc.

Ive read other threads on this forum from other guys who had a similar experience.
Then again some guys said their birds from Fly Fly worked really well and they flew them a lot.

Regards,
Nath.
Groovechampion is online now Find More Posts by Groovechampion
Old Jun 07, 2013, 03:58 AM
Scratch building addict
United States, CA, Felton
Joined Jan 2005
661 Posts
It always cracks me up when people try to badmouth Chinese products. Well I got news for you, Horizon hobby will never come close to giving you the bang for the buck, myths and stereotypes aside. Like the guy at Cleveland Cyclewerks said, there's good products and bad products from China, gee, sorta like America. He also noted that plain old stupidity, laziness, and over-regulation made it impossible to source parts for his bikes from America....and in China the only question was "how many do you need and when do you need them?"
rotagen is offline Find More Posts by rotagen