SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 25, 2001, 12:07 AM
Kodiak AK USA
Joined Jun 2000
609 Posts
Looking for some online clips of pylon racing

I have never actually seen a pylon race and was wondering if anyone knew of any sites that had some clips on it. Thanks

Foxtrot
Foxtrot is offline Find More Posts by Foxtrot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2001, 01:33 AM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Feb 1999
6,014 Posts
Well, www.radiocarbonart.com has pylon racing in its Electric Airshow 2. It's a pretty nice video with lots of performance airplanes and even scale and slow fly. There use to be a website that had a speed 400 pylon race on it but I couldn't find it. Maybe Greg. G knows ehat I'm talking about. It had a bunch of MWE videos on it from somebody's personal Hi-8 video camera.
Troy is offline Find More Posts by Troy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2001, 08:27 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
There would be nothing to see, except for a bunch of heads following what must be models moving rather quickly around the course!
I have three hours of DV from SD MWE this year, not much of the pylon or F5B footage works well online, OK on a big screen however..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Jul 25, 2001, 03:50 PM
Joined Feb 1999
6,014 Posts
Foxtrot,
I found the video I was thinking of on my hard drive (7megs in Windows Media Player format). I tried to email it to you but either it failed or your email on your profile has changed. I can send it to you if you want. It might take a while to download but it actually is a really nice example of a Speed 400 race with fast planes.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2001, 11:24 PM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,312 Posts
Foxtrot, here is a page with a few videos from <a href=http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/mwe2/ target=blank>MWE2001</a>. There is at least one video clip from the SP400 pylon races there. There is another page with more videos <a href=http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/mwe/ target=blank>here</a>. I'm the guy flying someones little T-tail racer at the beggining of the "Launching" clip on the second link. I don't know who it was but he wanted me to test fly his plane there. Brave soul indeed!
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Old Jul 26, 2001, 02:10 AM
Joined Feb 1999
6,014 Posts
There it is!! Thanks Greg The second video link page has my F-16 on there too They take a while to download but are pretty nice videos.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2001, 02:53 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,312 Posts
Troy, your F-16 flew great and sounded soooo cool. I'm glad there is a video to see, and hear!
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Old Jul 26, 2001, 09:19 AM
NY
Joined May 2000
2,250 Posts
Anyone know the spec'son "BigPatternBird" in the first page listed ???

TIA
Alan W
Alan W is offline Find More Posts by Alan W
Old Jul 26, 2001, 03:45 PM
Joined Feb 1999
6,014 Posts
Thanks Greg. It's kind of wierd but the sound seems as if it's about 3-4 seconds behind the video. Could have occurred when the video was digitized.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 26, 2001, 10:38 PM
Kodiak AK USA
Joined Jun 2000
609 Posts
Thanks. I new someone would have some links. Troy,
yahoo doesn't doo email over 2 Megs. Thanks for the effort though. I'm off to look at these clips.

Foxtrot
Foxtrot is offline Find More Posts by Foxtrot