SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 10, 2013, 10:49 AM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Jan 2011
91 Posts
Discussion
Trouble using Multistar ESC Programming Card

Hello, I am having trouble with the programming card for the 45 amp Turnigy Multistar ESC's. I have tried the following:

1. Using a Castle Creations BEC, inline to power the programming card while the ESC has power from the power distribution board via 6s lipo while the ESC is plugged into the programming card. No audible sounds, no apparent changes in motor / esc. ESC does not appear to even be "on" or powered

2. Just using the power from the 6s lipo and plugging in the ESC to the ESC programming card

Here is a brief video:

Untitled (1 min 29 sec)

Attached are photos of settings on the card, as well as the way I am connecting it to the copter, battery and esc. The esc's have power from the distribution board when plugged in.

Turnigy Multistar ESC Manual
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9351000003.pdf

Turnigy Multistar ESC Programming Card Instructions:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...X869309X21.pdf

Can someone help me trouble shoot / fix this or understand how to use the programming card properly.
ryanroberts1983 is offline Find More Posts by ryanroberts1983
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2013, 03:19 PM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Jan 2011
91 Posts
Alright this was really simple. Got it figured out.

Summary / Resolution: Plug battery into ESC, ESC directly into programming card, wait for one beep. Programming complete.
ryanroberts1983 is offline Find More Posts by ryanroberts1983