HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2013, 03:13 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,516 Posts
Discussion
DX8 Sailplane Q&A

Ask here for help on DX8 Sailplane-specific questions.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2013, 03:24 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,342 Posts
Thanks for opening this thread, Andy!

I see there is no motor ramping function default. Any thoughts about this? (In reference to throttle on the trainer switch and with 2 or 3 point throttle spool up).
I also noticed that when assigning throttle to the trainer switch, the monitor gives zero change in throttle input when the button is pressed. Why is that?
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Apr 09, 2013, 03:29 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,477 Posts
After assigning the motor activation you need to click on it again and assign the active positions.
aerocal is online now Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Apr 09, 2013, 03:30 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,516 Posts
Please provide the SPM file. Also some details on why trainer should move the switch? If the master and slave are set up correctly, that's exactly what should happen.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 09, 2013, 03:32 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
After assigning the motor activation you need to click on it again and assign the active positions.
Do you mean the 0 and 1 values in the boxes in the setup menu? If so, checked!
Old Apr 09, 2013, 03:35 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Please provide the SPM file. Also some details on why trainer should move the switch? If the master and slave are set up correctly, that's exactly what should happen.

Andy
I did not mean for the trainer switch to move anything but the throttle output signal. Push the button: 100%, release the button: 0%.
Old Apr 09, 2013, 03:37 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
Do you mean the 0 and 1 values in the boxes in the setup menu? If so, checked!
Yes.If you assign both/all positions it will be active all the time.Only assign the position(s) you want it to be active in.
Old Apr 09, 2013, 03:38 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
I did not mean for the trainer switch to move anything but the throttle output signal. Push the button: 100%, release the button: 0%.
Make the 1 position Black and leave the 0 position White.Default is all Off.
Old Apr 09, 2013, 03:40 PM
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Make the 1 position Black and leave the 0 position White.Default is all Off.
Ok thanks.
Old Apr 09, 2013, 03:47 PM
France, Aquitaine, Duras
Joined Jan 2006
322 Posts
Dumb question

The Airware V3.0 update file seems to have the same name as the previous one for the V2.06 update. So presumably the V2.06 file must be removed from the card before copying the new file to the card?
krafty is offline Find More Posts by krafty
Old Apr 09, 2013, 03:58 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,516 Posts
I replied in your other thread already!
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 09, 2013, 04:00 PM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krafty View Post
The Airware V3.0 update file seems to have the same name as the previous one for the V2.06 update. So presumably the V2.06 file must be removed from the card before copying the new file to the card?
When you D/L the file to the card from your account it will be saved as spmtx.sax
It will only autoload with that filename.After the update is complete the file on the card should get ammended.Your 2.06 update should still be on the card but it should be named SPMTX.SAX206.After this update you will also have SPMTX.SAX300 as well.
Old Apr 09, 2013, 04:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2013
125 Posts
tagscribed...
RLundtz is offline Find More Posts by RLundtz
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 09, 2013, 04:21 PM
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Jul 2012
368 Posts
Just loaded the new DX8 AirWare 3.0 firmware. I see the Sailplane features as much more flexible than before, using Acro.

Have some questions for my 2-Ail, 2-Flp wing configuration motor/glider.

Four Flight Modes offered include: Launch, Cruise, Speed, Thermal. Is ‘Camber’ used in the same context as ‘Thermal’?... ‘Reflex’ same as ‘Speed’?

No ‘Land’ Flight Mode like on DX18; so which Flight Mode should I use for landing with Crow braking? Or should I ignore these and just consider using the Flap switch for landings?

I figured out how to enable the motor (MOT) with Throttle Stick (Spoiler) from the Wing Type configuration menu ('Motor' setting set to 'Spoiler' with option to disable with any of the FM switch positions). That also allows enabling the Throttle Cut Menu. Nice!

What’s the best way to add Crow braking using the Camber System? Do I program Crow for Speed, Thermal, Cruise, or all three Flight Modes? Before, the update, I was using Crow Braking on Throttle Stick with Throttle Cut. So I only want to enable Crow braking with Throttle cut.

Since the Camber System menu only works with Flight Mode switch, it looks like I would need to do 'Crow with Throttle Stick (Spoiler) while Throttle Cut' outside Camber System menu, using Flap Switch and two free mixes. One mix: MOT>MOT with -100 rate1 and -100 offset, this to disable the motor. And another mix: MOT>LAL, to enable Crow using the same Flap switch position(s).

Thanks,

Barry
Barry2020 is offline Find More Posts by Barry2020
Last edited by Barry2020; Apr 09, 2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old Apr 09, 2013, 04:22 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,848 Posts
If you use the Thread Tools you can Subscribe without actually having to post.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip