HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2004, 08:38 AM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Lee, NH, USA
Joined Jun 2001
5,185 Posts
"Freeze Yer Buns Off" New Years Day fly-in in NH

Not as cold in New Hampshire as I'm sure it was in Vancuver, BC where the other thread was from, but we all froze our bejebers off, got some nice flying in, and ate some great keilbasa, pepper and onion sandwiches!

Photos and movies here: http://www.nhflyingmisfits.org/events/2004/Jan-01-2004/

Enjoy!
Al
Allan Wright is offline Find More Posts by Allan Wright
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2004, 02:18 PM
gilford, new hampshire, usa
Joined Nov 2003
825 Posts
Looks great, but it's 5 below today so the planes won't get out. Are there any electric flyers in the Laconia area? We need to get working on an indoor site!
nebuchadnezzar is offline Find More Posts by nebuchadnezzar
Old Jan 08, 2004, 04:30 PM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Mar 1999
1,613 Posts
OK,Allan, I'll let you "borrow" my thread title , since your club did such a good job on the photo/video page. Looks like your field has some plane eating trees and brush around, just like ours . Nice report.

Brad.
Brad Trent is offline Find More Posts by Brad Trent
Old Jan 08, 2004, 07:13 PM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Lee, NH, USA
Joined Jun 2001
5,185 Posts
Yes, we have our share of flora that give us trouble, but the real plane killer is an area of downdraft caused by the ground contour right at one end of the runway - we call it the 'bermuda triangle'. More planes go in than come out if you know what I mean!
Old Jan 09, 2004, 10:10 AM
Gambler-AG DLG Designer
Lee, NH, USA
Joined Jun 2001
5,185 Posts
nebuchadnezzar, I've always eyed the Concord NH Guard Armory with lusting eyes towards flying, but I never went beyond that. I'm just not inclined to do the footwork to organize such an effort. I already have too many 'irons in the fire' as it is. That said, I'd LOVE to fly indoors in NH if someone else organized it.