HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Conehead, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 07, 2013, 11:55 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,045 Posts
Discussion
Pictures of Toledo

Well I got home just in time for the start of the NCAA game Louisville. I was so tired and hurt so bad, no amount of drugs seemed to help.

I must confess that I know Terry Nitsch and I just love the way he finishes an airplane. His Saber Dance was really neat. Awesome in my mind. There were other very nice jets and I believe just about any of them would win best Jet.

There were many sailplanes this year. In years past there were a few, but to me this year, there seemed to be many more than in years past. Some were huge and a couple of really neat small gliders. Lots of neat stuff, some great deals, I didn't get anything special. I made a whirlwind trip, which meant many hours on the road. I got there early to get a free parking place, then got in and sat down.

Seemed to me to be many people in early and then it seemed to quiet down after noon.

Here are the pictures that I shot. I did shoot a few on the way home on the road, showing the snow still up north, yet it is going faster now, since it rained all night last night. Ice on the lake is melting and float flying will begin in a few days, as soon as the ice goes off the lake.

thanks for looking.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2013, 02:49 PM
GEE,...it BEE model time
Interlochen, MI
Joined Dec 2009
1,713 Posts
Thanks for sharing your photos with us! Anyone who puts a model on the judging tables at Toledo is a winner in my book. Wonderful craftsmanship shown in those projects.

Soft landings,

Joe
piperjoe is offline Find More Posts by piperjoe
Old Apr 26, 2013, 06:33 AM
no discrimination, I crash all
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Nov 2011
302 Posts
Thanks for the great pics
ncsky is offline Find More Posts by ncsky