HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 26, 2013, 07:31 AM
Registered User
Australia, NSW, Springwood
Joined Dec 2012
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therau2000 View Post
This is getting interesting... Keep talking my friends: great ideas often come when you least expect it !
Inbuilt bluetooth would be great - wireless setup out in the field! :-)
ZaksterBlue is offline Find More Posts by ZaksterBlue
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2013, 09:39 AM
Registered User
VideoKing's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintastic View Post
^ Just wait ~5 years and we will have a keycam with 4K recording, GPS and other goodies + 3 hour operating time thanks to new innovations in battery technology...

By the way, Nokia already has a 41 megapixel Symbian cameraphone and they will announce a WP8 version next month...

The sky is the limit in cool technology.
Its a 5 megapixel camera phone with "over sampling" on zoom. Not 41 megapixel.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:34 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2012
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
Its a 5 megapixel camera phone with "over sampling" on zoom. Not 41 megapixel.
Incorrect, it is actually a 41 megapixel camera. Look at the samples for yourself. (For example this one: http://blog.wirelessground.com/wp-co...-02-22-541.jpg)

The funny thing is that the phone is called Nokia 808 PureView... Next month they will announce a Windows Phone 8 version.

By the way, 41 megapixels would be quite practical in aerial photography...

Fintastic is offline Find More Posts by Fintastic
Last edited by Fintastic; Apr 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 02:09 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by therau2000 View Post
This is getting interesting... Keep talking my friends: great ideas often come when you least expect it !
May I join?

Optional high quality lens on par of modern smart phones. iPhone lens module cost was around $2-3 each. It's cheap, small, and reasonable.

Optional higher capacity battery.

Optional case shape.

I've requested these several times already
TrafalgarLaw is offline Find More Posts by TrafalgarLaw
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 06:30 AM
Registered User
VideoKing's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintastic View Post
Incorrect, it is actually a 41 megapixel camera. Look at the samples for yourself. (For example this one: http://blog.wirelessground.com/wp-co...-02-22-541.jpg)

The funny thing is that the phone is called Nokia 808 PureView... Next month they will announce a Windows Phone 8 version.

By the way, 41 megapixels would be quite practical in aerial photography...

From their own technical document.
"The Nokia 808 PureView uses a 41 MP sensor, which captures image data from seven adjacent pixels and condenses it into one, resulting in stills at around 5 MP resolution with amazing detail and low noise levels. The optics are Carl Zeiss and there's Xenon flash and a LED one acting as a video light."

VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 10:54 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2012
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoKing View Post
From their own technical document.
"The Nokia 808 PureView uses a 41 MP sensor, which captures image data from seven adjacent pixels and condenses it into one, resulting in stills at around 5 MP resolution with amazing detail and low noise levels. The optics are Carl Zeiss and there's Xenon flash and a LED one acting as a video light."
It can do that too to make the photos more practical in normal everyday use.

But it can also shoot actual 41 megapixel images with actual 41 megapixel sensor, and the end result is amazing. User can choose between different modes.

Huge sensor also means that "lossless" digital zoom is possible in full hd videos (and it is also practical to use in still images unlike with other cameras).

Perhaps in not so distant future 4K video recording is possible with a cameraphone like this... Maybe next year, who knows.
Fintastic is offline Find More Posts by Fintastic
Last edited by Fintastic; Apr 27, 2013 at 11:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:40 AM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,906 Posts
I thought this thread was for discussion of the #26 camera?
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 02:34 PM
Seeker of Thermals
botulism's Avatar
United States, MT, Kalispell
Joined Aug 2004
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I thought this thread was for discussion of the #26 camera?
It would be, if anyone could get one.

Maybe you should call this the 'alleged #26 cam' thread.

j/k.

--
Greg
botulism is offline Find More Posts by botulism
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 07:20 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by botulism View Post
It would be, if anyone could get one.

Maybe you should call this the 'alleged #26 cam' thread.

j/k.

--
Greg
It's NOT my thread! But it shows how the discussion can quickly get diverted to completely different subjects without some minimal moderation.

I have a pre-release #26 on it's way to me right now. I will most likely start a new thread about it so it can have some on-going support for posting FW updates, etc. But I would want post to stay on topic!
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Apr 27, 2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 09:45 PM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Berkie's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I thought this thread was for discussion of the #26 camera?

Yep +1!

Kev
Berkie is offline Find More Posts by Berkie
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2013, 03:31 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2013
1 Posts
Hello,

Can you tell me if this will have a setting to record at 25fps ? I've looked over the GUI images of the #16 camera and that had a setting for changing the framerate, I don't know if it worked or not but it was there.
Thanks.
goguvarra is offline Find More Posts by goguvarra
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2013, 09:12 AM
Registered User
RocketMouse's Avatar
Joined May 2011
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
It's NOT my thread! But it shows how the discussion can quickly get diverted to completely different subjects without some minimal moderation.

I have a pre-release #26 on it's way to me right now. I will most likely start a new thread about it so it can have some on-going support for posting FW updates, etc. But I would want post to stay on topic!
Yes please Tom! You did perfect job on keeping other key-chain threads! I hope you will manage with this one as well, since it looks to be a perfect replacement for #16!

And you are also so right about the moderation! So much offtopics and overquoting periodically appears at the forum, thats frustrating!
RocketMouse is offline Find More Posts by RocketMouse
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2013, 02:01 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
Tom, please announce here as well when you start that new thread. Thanks!
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2013, 02:10 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven View Post
Tom, please announce here as well when you start that new thread. Thanks!
I suggest you subscribe to the #16 camera thread for any announcements about a new camera from it's developer. I don't think it's appropriate subject matter here since this thread is about a camera competing for the same market segment. I like to keep my thread posts as neutral and on topic as possible in the interest of fairness.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2013, 08:25 AM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
Link

Tm, can you post a link to the other thread? Thanks.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I suggest you subscribe to the #16 camera thread for any announcements about a new camera from it's developer. I don't think it's appropriate subject matter here since this thread is about a camera competing for the same market segment. I like to keep my thread posts as neutral and on topic as possible in the interest of fairness.
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Just a quick test video of my new DJI Flame Wheel F550 with a Drift HD170 720p 60fps jasper7821 Multirotor Talk 2 Mar 11, 2012 06:43 PM
Discussion Mi-96HD Camera - 1080p/30fps CrashingDutchman FPV Talk 10 Jan 24, 2012 01:14 PM
Discussion Gopro Videos 60fps 720p DavidIvanowich FPV Talk 6 Jul 26, 2011 11:46 PM
New Product Oregon Scientific ATC9K with 720p@60fps, now at Costco Glenstr Aerial Photography 0 Jul 11, 2011 11:00 AM
Discussion Aiptek Action HD 1080p Camcorder 720p@60FPS and new A-HD+ LESLIEx317537 Aerial Photography 3 May 06, 2008 11:04 PM