AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkiom View Post
Inactivity alarm?
Don't think so, unless turning it on is "inactivity"

It starts immediately after the welcome...
punkindrublik is offline Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Holy Tiny Transmitter Batman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2013, 04:15 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
An X4R is in the works.
I hope for an X5R as well. There is a myriad of small foam planes with 2 separate aileron servos. For these, 4 channels would not be enough, but a small 5ch RX would be perfect.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Jul 19, 2013, 04:20 AM
Isle of Man
Joined Apr 2012
793 Posts
Ok, but you can set the inactivity alarm to anything so even switching on may set the alarm if it was set to 1s
jhkiom is online now Find More Posts by jhkiom
Old Jul 19, 2013, 04:21 AM
Isle of Man
Joined Apr 2012
793 Posts
It may be minutes, I don't have mine in front of me right now:
jhkiom is online now Find More Posts by jhkiom
Old Jul 19, 2013, 04:28 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Zoetermeer
Joined Aug 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene046 View Post
Go mine today.

But at Bpost its still not delivered... lol

I'm happy now

So you finally got yours.
Hope with mine it's the same and get it today/tomorrow.

Have Fun
SoNicK is offline Find More Posts by SoNicK
Old Jul 19, 2013, 04:31 AM
Chipping Norton, UK
Joined Jul 2006
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez View Post
I hope for an X5R as well. There is a myriad of small foam planes with 2 separate aileron servos. For these, 4 channels would not be enough, but a small 5ch RX would be perfect.
Agreed 5 channels and small would be v useful.
Graham 65 is offline Find More Posts by Graham 65
Old Jul 19, 2013, 04:35 AM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhkiom View Post
It may be minutes, I don't have mine in front of me right now:
Lol.

I just got it solved over on openrcforums.com. I had an alarm set on one of my mixes. Told ya it would be something simple.

Ah, it's so nice and quiet now...

punkindrublik is offline Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Holy Tiny Transmitter Batman
Old Jul 19, 2013, 05:49 AM
Norway, Rogaland, Stavanger
Joined May 2008
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
There:
So first picture show coordinates as DMS (DD - MM SS.SSS)
And last picture show coordinates as MinDec (DD MM.MMMM)

Not shown (but used internally i assume), DegDec (DD.DDDDDD)

I guess the original question still applies, why the notation HMS and NMEA? instead of DMS and MinDec?
Or i might have misunderstood the question completely :P

For those interested, there is more information about the notations and conversions here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geograp...ate_conversion
Takilara is offline Find More Posts by Takilara
Old Jul 19, 2013, 05:54 AM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham 65 View Post
Agreed 5 channels and small would be v useful.
Yes... my vote as well...
ScottSails is offline Find More Posts by ScottSails
Old Jul 19, 2013, 08:17 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,081 Posts
Wayne, you are awesome!!

I asked for the extra X8R receiver to be switched for the paddle less standard antennas and Wayne was able to swap both of them!!

Thank you Wayne. I tend to fly carbon glides and those paddles would only give me an unusable receiver at least until they were able to be removeable.

Everything feels great. Sticks are rather weak on the springs for me so I'll have to tighten them up or replace them but that is typical on most trannies for me.

I will say I am not thrilled with the side sliders sticking out. I would prefer them to be recessed for protection in case it was dropped.

I still have to update the firmware. I can understand what people were talking about the grey bar. I almost thought it did not have a view for battery voltage.

I am very happy with the smoothness of the sticks. they do feel very light compared to my XP9303 both in movement and feel. Very little drag to move the sticks.

I think I am lucky in tht once I calibrated, the sticks seem to return to zero well with only the throttle, I think I recall, showing a floating value below 1.0% to -1.0% if that. It was bouncing rather quickly. That could be the ratchet. Flying gliders, I tend to remove the ratchet so maybe doing that will make it solid.

SO far it is very impressive, especially for the price. They easily could have charged more.

Thank you Wayne and Frsky. Happy customer here.

Frank
Fly2High is online now Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Jul 19, 2013, 08:19 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,081 Posts
Wanye,

I read the 1 year warrantee requires the card to be returned to you.

Is this true or because you have us on file, the warrantee does not need to be mailed in?

I do not have the card in front of me but it sounded like if I want service I have to send it in so is it sent in now or when I need service (probably will never but just in case)

Thanks

Frank
Fly2High is online now Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Jul 19, 2013, 08:37 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Zoetermeer
Joined Aug 2012
63 Posts
Yes Yes Yes!!!!

just got mine too, still got to work a couple of houres, but than i can play with my Taranis too.
Me happy.
SoNicK is offline Find More Posts by SoNicK
Old Jul 19, 2013, 09:00 AM
Leonard
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Sep 2004
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High View Post
Wayne, you are awesome!!

I asked for the extra X8R receiver to be switched for the paddle less standard antennas and Wayne was able to swap both of them!!
Is the antenna replacement simply a matter of soldering one of the "clip-on" types in place of the paddles? Impedance, etc., stays the same as long as you don't clip too much off of the replacement when removing the little clip on the radio end?

Thanks!

Leonard
mac44mag is offline Find More Posts by mac44mag
Old Jul 19, 2013, 09:04 AM
jv8
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Jan 2010
139 Posts
Hey I'm new to Taranis/OpenTx and I've read the wiki and done a few searches... in general I'm excited about the features but I can't seem to find the answers to these questions:

1) Typically I run a DSMX satellite as a redundant receiver on my large planes/helis. Does the X8R support a satellite or dual receiver mode? Or is it deemed not necessary?

2) I use a lot of MSH Brain / iKON FBL controllers with dual DSMX satellites plugged in directly. I know there is SBUS support in the iKON. So I assume I could just plug the X8R into the SBUS? But again, what about the redundant receiver?

3) If I add an orange DSMX module to the Taranis and use that to control the iKON/DSMX sats, is there a way I can add FrSky telemetry to the model that would still be received and used by the Taranis even though it is in DSMX mode?

I've always wanted to be able to mix telemetry values into transmitter channels. Say, if airspeed drops below a certain point, increase gyro gain and/or drop flaps. It looks the Taranis will let me do that!

Thanks!
jv8 is offline Find More Posts by jv8
Old Jul 19, 2013, 09:13 AM
Joined May 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac44mag View Post
Is the antenna replacement simply a matter of soldering one of the "clip-on" types in place of the paddles? Impedance, etc., stays the same as long as you don't clip too much off of the replacement when removing the little clip on the radio end?

Thanks!

Leonard
The antenna has two parts, a coaxial cable and the antenna part (either the paddles or just a wire) the coaxial cable has a impedance matched to the receiver, so as long as you don't disturb the antenna part there shouldn't be any impedance problems whatever the length of the coaxial (although you will get problems with signal losses with long cables). One needs to be able to solder reasonably well as non shielded conductor at the receiver end also will change the impedance, but with some care most people should be able to do that...
Benighted is offline Find More Posts by Benighted