HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2014, 02:41 AM
Germany, BW, Friedrichshafen
Joined Jun 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by satgod View Post
how many of you have gotten rid of your highend radios for the taranis at this point

i'm tempted to try one out but my 14mz is very nice
After having a DX8 then DX18 I got rid of all my Spek stuff feeling great with FrSky.
Solid link, real telemetry saved to SD and you can see all the logs within Companion. Not to forget speech (with Spek that would have been my third TX)
Have a Spek DM9 module for the BNFmodels only
Axel
Axel_S is online now Find More Posts by Axel_S
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2014, 02:50 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
3,231 Posts
Damn!! Mine says it shipped Jan 2 and I haven't received it and I live in SoCal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40acrefield View Post
Thanks to Aloft's amazingly fast shipping, I got my long awaited Analog Voltage sensor. I live half the way across the country from Wayne, but even with first class postage, everything shows up in two days.
IntheTubeDeep is online now Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Old Jan 05, 2014, 04:02 AM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
9,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep View Post
Damn!! Mine says it shipped Jan 2 and I haven't received it and I live in SoCal!
He's shipping a LOT of radios. You might get the notice with the tracking number when he packs it the day before he actually drops them off at the PO. It'll be on your doorstep Monday morning

DONATE to OpenTx -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=DJ9MASSKVW8WN
punkindrublik is offline Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2014, 04:33 AM
UK
Joined Nov 2002
1,680 Posts
T9 is now selling a frsky UART converter but from the chinese english description I have no clue what it actually does or is for. Can anyone say in plain english what it is? http://www.t9hobbysport.com/frsky-s....th-2-adc-ports
HarryC is offline Find More Posts by HarryC
Old Jan 05, 2014, 05:06 AM
United Kingdom, England, Birkenhead
Joined Jan 2013
2,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkola View Post
Does anyone know what the resolution of this radio is? 1024,2048, 4096? I have been having a hard time finding any information about this.
I believe it is processed at 4096 and resolved at 2048.

Tom
Tomkfly is online now Find More Posts by Tomkfly
Old Jan 05, 2014, 06:41 AM
Joined Jun 2004
103 Posts
tranis throttle problem

I have set up and have been using 5 models on my tranis. Yesterday, I uploaded a quad file just to use as a base for altering to my needs. Now, when I switch to any of my other models, the throttle will only go from 100 to 0, not +100 to -100. If I view the channel monitor, throttle (ch1) will only go to 0 So all my models now try to start at half speed. I know the tranis throttle should move from -100 to +100 normally, because my friend has one and his responds as expected. We have compared all the settings that affect throttle and they are the same, but mine will not go below 0

In the tranis calibration screen I can not get the throttle below mid screen, even after trying to calibrate. All other controls move to the screen limit, indicating 100% travel.

Even if I create a new model, it is exactly the same. I even reflashed the tranis just in case, but still same result. I can get full throttle travel by making the throttle weight 250 and offset -60,but this is not the solution.
SORTED , it was calibration, but not as we know it Jim.
flierman1945 is offline Find More Posts by flierman1945
Last edited by flierman1945; Jan 05, 2014 at 06:57 AM.
Old Jan 05, 2014, 07:21 AM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,587 Posts
Maybe when you flashed the eeprom back to the tx you somehow flashed the wrong calibration settings?
jhsa is offline Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Jan 05, 2014, 08:25 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
Ah...that makes sense then. My 9X has GND on the second pin and, I'm assuming' the Taranis is the same.
Not exactly. Here is the pinout of the Taranis.
(SPORT?)

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jan 05, 2014, 08:31 AM
Canada, ON, Innisfil
Joined Aug 2010
507 Posts
Finally got warm enough to get a quick flight in with the new Lipo Voltage Sensor Smart Port.

After reviewing the telemetry afterwards, I see that it thought one of the cells of my LiFe pack (cell 1) had dropped to 1.2v from 3.2. Checking the A1 voltage for that exact time and VFAS from the current sensor shows no change in voltage. It happened randomly for only a sample each time (1 second).

It did not trigger a cell low alarm but I'm not sure if there is one be default so I'll add one for next flight as an experiment.

So at the moment, looks like there may be a bug in the firmware for the sensor/radio. If I can reproduce it will submit it as a report but may need some serious bench testing. Thankfully it's only for a split second.

Cheers
Tim
Thorvald is offline Find More Posts by Thorvald
Old Jan 05, 2014, 08:40 AM
X-Ikarus
United Kingdom, North York
Joined Feb 2003
1,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
Not exactly. Here is the pinout of the Taranis.
(SPORT?)

Fred
S PORT is available on this connector
useful for the Hackers
Reflex1 is offline Find More Posts by Reflex1
Old Jan 05, 2014, 08:54 AM
mostly gliders
Skellefteċ, Sweden
Joined Sep 2003
965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryC View Post
T9 is now selling a frsky UART converter but from the chinese english description I have no clue what it actually does or is for. Can anyone say in plain english what it is? http://www.t9hobbysport.com/frsky-s....th-2-adc-ports
HarryC, if you do not know what it will be used for, you probably do not expect others to know it either, except maybe FrSky?

/Ville
liukku is online now Find More Posts by liukku
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2014, 08:59 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,145 Posts
Looks/sounds to me like it in effect would convert an X series into a D series as far as the available telemetry inputs, 2 analog and the old style serial.
This should allow you to use any of your old sensors.

Didn't Scott post some details about it earlier? I will look for his post.....

Scott's post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4038

Not 100% clear from that if it will work with older serial sensors
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jan 05, 2014, 09:25 AM
Joined Jun 2004
103 Posts
Throttle problem on tranis

removed
flierman1945 is offline Find More Posts by flierman1945
Old Jan 05, 2014, 10:46 AM
France
Joined Nov 2004
58 Posts
FrSky SP2UART S.Port to UART

Quote:
Originally Posted by liukku View Post
HarryC, if you do not know what it will be used for, you probably do not expect others to know it either, except maybe FrSky?

/Ville
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
Looks/sounds to me like it in effect would convert an X series into a D series as far as the available telemetry inputs, 2 analog and the old style serial.
This should allow you to use any of your old sensors.

Didn't Scott post some details about it earlier? I will look for his post.....

Scott's post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4038

Not 100% clear from that if it will work with older serial sensors
Hi,

I think this sensor is a bidirectional UART device with/or A1 and A2 inputs.

Mike Blandford, the developer of ER9X has received some samples so he'll give us his findings I hope

Tchao
davx is offline Find More Posts by davx
Old Jan 05, 2014, 10:57 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex1 View Post
S PORT is available on this connector
useful for the Hackers
FrSky mentioned something about setting IDs on SPort sensors from Taranis, both remote via Rx and by direct connection. Maybe that's where the sensor would be connected?

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen