SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 23, 2013, 12:15 AM
Canada, ON, Innisfil
Joined Aug 2010
507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
S.Port sensors daisy chain so there is no need for a hub. The hub can be connected to the end of the chain - but the hub is sort of a cobbled mess IMO.
Lol

Guess I didn't choose my words carefully enough... What I meant is that there is not an S.port Temp sensor yet.... That I could see.

Nor any s.port device that has a temp sensor input...that I could see.

That is why I want an S.port hub, so I can plug in all those sensors that are out there but without converting from s.port to data and requiring an s.port vario or some other method of getting the old sensors in.

However an s.port temp loop sensor for nitro heads would be perfect.
Thorvald is offline Find More Posts by Thorvald
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2013, 12:20 AM
Hobart, Tasmania.
Joined Jan 2005
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogjumpjump View Post
frsky just announce they will release X9D + within two months
Excellent!

Quote:
The Taranis X9D+ will have some new features and functions over the Taranis X9D, including haptic, upgraded sliders, dual-color LED backlight grey-scale display, 6-position replaceable encoder, etc.
Nice list of new features.

Quote:
Current Taranis X9D radio can obtain new X9D+ features via components replacement and firmware upgrade.
This is fantastic, almost unprecidented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dang View Post
Almost for the first time a radio manufacturer is listening and making moves to satisfy us. The fact that this round of improvements will largely be available to early adopters in the form of add-ons and simple mods keep these improvements accessible.
Exactly. What's not to like about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
As an added benefit, and one of the main reasons we see the Plus version, is the OpenTX guys will receive funding from the sales of this new version. I assume that means we will be getting the new new improved OpenTX released soon.
And it just keeps getting better.

After reading pages of responses I'm a bit surprised at some of the reactions. I think FrSky is reacting in an extremely positive way to a huge amount of input expressed in previous pages; something other manufacturers should learn a lesson from before it's too late.

As for waiting or trying to get on a X9D+ waiting list, personally I think you are doing yourself a disservice, but that's up to you. The waiters will wait and those that want to experience an excellent transmitter will get theirs earlier and upgrade anything they feel necessary later. I learned a long time ago that waiting for the next "big thing" only results in you never getting anywhere. If I'd done that with computers and other consumer electronics, I'd still be using a 386, Apple Newton and an analogue Motorola MicroTac mobile phone ...
Imho is offline Find More Posts by Imho
Old Nov 23, 2013, 12:26 AM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,782 Posts
What is haptic as it applies to the new Taranis+?
bobf is offline Find More Posts by bobf
Old Nov 23, 2013, 12:33 AM
United States, CT, Bridgeport
Joined May 2012
1,504 Posts
Sort of the same decision for lots of products: GoPro 3+ or wait for the 4. iPhone 5s or wait for the 6...

Whatever you get is going to be 'old' in a short time anyway. (I think Imho's point) I guess they could 'not upgrade' the Taranis to make us feel better . Sort of like the same old dx6i and dx8 for years and years.
stevea3342 is offline Find More Posts by stevea3342
Old Nov 23, 2013, 12:37 AM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobf View Post
What is haptic as it applies to the new Taranis+?
Haptic is a vibration alarm in the transmitter. Like with a cell phone vibrator.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
Old Nov 23, 2013, 12:37 AM
Joined Mar 2013
264 Posts
"The waiters will wait and those that want to experience an excellent transmitter will get theirs earlier and upgrade anything they feel necessary later"

The only way to get a Taranis is to get on a, ahem, wait list. We are all waiters here whether we like it or not. For some of us however, our turn will be in the next two months which means, IF the FrSky announcement (time wise) is correct will be forced to chose between buying the current version of the Taranis, with the Taranis+ being released within a week of our purchase...or forced to wait for months again.

I want to share Imho's enthusiasm, but it's not coming to me somehow.
ortego is online now Find More Posts by ortego
Old Nov 23, 2013, 12:38 AM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
Lol

Guess I didn't choose my words carefully enough... What I meant is that there is not an S.port Temp sensor yet.... That I could see.

Nor any s.port device that has a temp sensor input...that I could see.

That is why I want an S.port hub, so I can plug in all those sensors that are out there but without converting from s.port to data and requiring an s.port vario or some other method of getting the old sensors in.

However an s.port temp loop sensor for nitro heads would be perfect.
I think this will take care of that issue -- but I'm not positive.

5. SPORT adapter- SP2UART
Estimate available at end of Nov. 2013
Functions: 1, support date-transmission between serial analog ports at S.PORT BUS.
2, support two analog signal input vis S.PORT
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
Old Nov 23, 2013, 01:00 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2012
1,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortego View Post
"The waiters will wait and those that want to experience an excellent transmitter will get theirs earlier and upgrade anything they feel necessary later"

The only way to get a Taranis is to get on a, ahem, wait list. We are all waiters here whether we like it or not. For some of us however, our turn will be in the next two months which means, IF the FrSky announcement (time wise) is correct will be forced to chose between buying the current version of the Taranis, with the Taranis+ being released within a week of our purchase...or forced to wait for months again.

I want to share Imho's enthusiasm, but it's not coming to me somehow.
Chances are it's a marketing response to the announcement of the 9XR Pro and the assertions around the place that a lot of those who had been waiting for the Taranis would go for the Pro instead (probably cheaper, haptic, etc).

I'll happily continue to use my old Taranis and worry about the newer models when they exist and can be purchased.
mpjf01 is online now Find More Posts by mpjf01
Old Nov 23, 2013, 03:39 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
4,680 Posts
dual-color LED backlight grey-scale display,

So it's only the backlight which is dual colour - not worth buying a new display just for that and firmware wont really need a lot of modding to to use it or not!
The other bits are nice upgrades and probably wont cost much anyway if we want them in our old taranis.

Best bit imo is that they are fund opentx guys from each sale so should mean c9x should carry on supporting it(us)!
Great news!
nigelsheffield is online now Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Nov 23, 2013, 03:49 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
2,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
I think this will take care of that issue -- but I'm not positive.

5. SPORT adapter- SP2UART
Estimate available at end of Nov. 2013
Functions: 1, support date-transmission between serial analog ports at S.PORT BUS.
2, support two analog signal input vis S.PORT
Reading a bit on sport an 'old frsky' + 2xAnalog to sport convertter would be rather easily done from any small MCU.
kha is online now Find More Posts by kha
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2013, 03:50 AM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Mission, BC Canada
Joined Jul 2002
3,782 Posts
I have a custom function CF14 ON Play Value S2 with no repeat
But all I get is a zero no matter where the pot S2 is. This is pretty simple but I don't know what is wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
bobf is offline Find More Posts by bobf
Old Nov 23, 2013, 05:25 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
4,680 Posts
Quote:
But all I get is a zero no matter where the pot S2 is. This is pretty simple but I don't know what is wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Try a different pot or a switch
Old Nov 23, 2013, 05:35 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Quote:
This would only play just once on powerup, potentially before S2 has even been read.
What are you trying to do?
Kilrah is offline Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Nov 23, 2013, 07:34 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
4,680 Posts
In c9x the function is ONE which means to to do it at start up.
ON is the same function then!?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 07:46 AM
obserwator
United States, WI, Middleton
Joined Feb 2012
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imho View Post
The waiters will wait and those that want to experience an excellent transmitter will get theirs earlier and upgrade anything they feel necessary later. I learned a long time ago that waiting for the next "big thing" only results in you never getting anywhere. If I'd done that with computers and other consumer electronics, I'd still be using a 386, Apple Newton and an analogue Motorola MicroTac mobile phone ...
Indeed. I'm getting (whether I like or not) more and more convinced that I got to point where I should not wait anymore
zawaprz is offline Find More Posts by zawaprz