HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 06, 2013, 08:24 AM
Joined Oct 2009
488 Posts
lol thats why i wrote suppose, but yeah i wont be surprised if the hubsan x4 v17 comes before the fpv version.
Jetboatftw is online now Find More Posts by Jetboatftw
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2013, 08:38 AM
Eye to the sky!
United States, NC, Concord
Joined Dec 2012
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetboatftw View Post
lol thats why i wrote suppose, but yeah i wont be surprised if the hubsan x4 v17 comes before the fpv version.
What is the X4 v17?

I've heard of the X4 v2, the 107L, 107C, & 107D.
jason4207 is offline Find More Posts by jason4207
Old Jun 06, 2013, 10:17 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
the latest board is v12 lol so saying v17 might come before x4 fpv aint far from the truth considering we were on v2 when the fpv quad was 1st meant to be supposedly released?
neobot is online now Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 06, 2013, 11:08 AM
Eye to the sky!
United States, NC, Concord
Joined Dec 2012
1,373 Posts
Doh! I see it now. Right over my head the 1st time.
jason4207 is offline Find More Posts by jason4207
Old Jun 06, 2013, 11:14 AM
Joined Oct 2009
488 Posts
I thought the fpv was announced way before there was any talk about the v2. It was only a joke jason4207, it feels like ive been waiting forever for it but its not even on hubsans page as Bangkomit has said so it might be a good while before it actually comes. Im starting to think about modding the cam version to fpv instead since that one has a nice shell and may actually be released in my life time. And are the boards up to v12 already, i thought we were at revision 4 or 5.
Old Jun 06, 2013, 02:14 PM
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
11,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetboatftw View Post
I thought the fpv was announced way before there was any talk about the v2. It was only a joke jason4207, it feels like ive been waiting forever for it but its not even on hubsans page as Bangkomit has said so it might be a good while before it actually comes. Im starting to think about modding the cam version to fpv instead since that one has a nice shell and may actually be released in my life time. And are the boards up to v12 already, i thought we were at revision 4 or 5.
I bought the x4 FPV quad and was told it would be released here by the middle of this month. So, I ordered one and decided to just wait. Then, I saw that the Ladybird Walkera is already out with their FPV system. So, it's on the way and should be here tomorrow. I canceled my x4 FPV quad The Walkera is supposed to have a jack for my Fat Shark video glasses. For me that was the deal breaker with Hubsan. They weren't able to tell me if there was a jack for the glasses. The cameras on both Walkera models have a lens that can be aimed in any position from straight ahead to straight down. They also come with a 6ghs SDRAM mini card. Makes it very easy to get video out of the card and into my computer. They even include a card reader. Price works out to about the same as the x4 FPV "ghost".

@Jetboat: If you figure out a camera mod... please post it. There must be some way to run AV to glasses instead of on that little transmitter screen.

Buzz is online now Find More Posts by Buzz
Last edited by Buzz; Jun 06, 2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old Jun 06, 2013, 04:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

@Jetboat: If you figure out a camera mod... please post it. There must be some way to run AV to glasses instead of on that little transmitter screen.

camera mod? wat sort of mod do you want?

cant solder? get an rc305 and just connect what you like to te outputs

can solder? get one of the 200mw tx rx combos and brew to your hearts content

cant be arsed? just get the right connect adator for your goggles and plug into the av out jack at the bottom of the tx
neobot is online now Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 06, 2013, 10:48 PM
Joined Oct 2009
488 Posts
I was also under the impression that the F4 also supported glasses like the Hubsan fpv remote does. But ive read that the F4 has terrible range so im thinking i will just get a rc305 and a micro transmitter and somehow connect that to the camera of the h107C then just use my devo 6 for control. Right now im trying to decide if im gonna mod a hubsan or just make something with 3inch props myself so i can add an osd and a bigger battery.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 01:29 PM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
686 Posts
http://www.hubsan.com/products/FPV/H107D.htm

Nice Nice
Rc Heli Halle is offline Find More Posts by Rc Heli Halle
Old Sep 12, 2013, 01:47 PM
France, PACA, La Valette-du-Var
Joined Dec 2012
4,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Heli Halle View Post
A FPV system with narrow FOV is almost useless ....
SeByDocKy is offline Find More Posts by SeByDocKy
Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:41 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
They redesigned the entire thing.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Hu...r-p-68571.html
bluemeane is online now Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old Sep 18, 2013, 05:00 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,114 Posts
The Hubsan X4 FPV H107D (4 min 3 sec)
bluemeane is online now Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old Oct 30, 2013, 04:04 PM
SF Bay Area
Joined Jan 2013
233 Posts
Any idea if this controller works with other Hubsan devices? It looks different.

I'm not really into FPV, but having a controller-based screen I could use with two or more air vehicles might convince me to spend the $$$.
gsking is offline Find More Posts by gsking
Old Oct 30, 2013, 05:06 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,553 Posts
g,
Yes the new X4 2.4Ghz Tx(~100M) uses Hubsan protocol and the VRx is 5.8Ghz so it will work with other Hubsan models, but it does not have the range of the SpyHawk FPV 2.4Ghz Tx(~300M).
Cheers,
Jim

Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsking View Post
Any idea if this controller works with other Hubsan devices? It looks different.

I'm not really into FPV, but having a controller-based screen I could use with two or more air vehicles might convince me to spend the $$$.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Oct 31, 2013, 12:59 AM
Joined Dec 2006
156 Posts
Here's a short video. Didn't fly FPV though.

Hubsan X4 FPV Quadcopter Maiden (13 min 22 sec)
Raycamaro is offline Find More Posts by Raycamaro