HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2013, 11:22 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,924 Posts
Finished Laser Pics....
Finished my Laser up Friday night. Was just looking back at some of the pictures I took of it for the manual and just had to share, this is a really nice looking plane. All you serious Crack Addicts will have to have one... lol...
in a word... SICK..!
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2013, 12:21 AM
Fast sticks quick crash.
N Cal
Joined Nov 2002
231 Posts
Thanks for the build pics and the indoor video, it will tide me over until I can get to building my own. I am curious how sensitive these little planes are to adding a few ounces? Comparing weights on Twisted Hobby's site the difference in the 360 mah and the 450 mah batteries was four grams, I figured that was not too much and opted for the 450 batteries. To make it even heavier I swapped the 6 amp ESC for the 10 amp ESC, so all totaled I added about eight grams to my build and I doubt the graphite hardware kit is going to reduce that weight by too much. All my previous foam builds were with Depron so this is going to be my first time using Welders on EPP, just hoping I have not taken too much of that floaty nature from this plane.

Also, playing in Motocalc I would love to find out the how many square inches of wing area there is.

K.B.
K.B. is offline Find More Posts by K.B.
Old Apr 08, 2013, 06:45 AM
scotland uk
Joined Jan 2005
1,443 Posts
Won't the crack yak 55 set up be ok on this plane?
wishawhunk is offline Find More Posts by wishawhunk
Old Apr 08, 2013, 07:13 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Aug 2012
326 Posts
Hi Cody Loved the video. It looks like it fly's very precise and can be very fast. Great Job Cody!
Happy Flying,
Benton
Benton3dflying is offline Find More Posts by Benton3dflying
Old Apr 08, 2013, 08:15 AM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,654 Posts
Thanks for the kind words about the video guys, I will have a longer one up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.B. View Post
Thanks for the build pics and the indoor video, it will tide me over until I can get to building my own. I am curious how sensitive these little planes are to adding a few ounces? Comparing weights on Twisted Hobby's site the difference in the 360 mah and the 450 mah batteries was four grams, I figured that was not too much and opted for the 450 batteries. To make it even heavier I swapped the 6 amp ESC for the 10 amp ESC, so all totaled I added about eight grams to my build and I doubt the graphite hardware kit is going to reduce that weight by too much. All my previous foam builds were with Depron so this is going to be my first time using Welders on EPP, just hoping I have not taken too much of that floaty nature from this plane.

Also, playing in Motocalc I would love to find out the how many square inches of wing area there is.

K.B.
You will be OK going to a 10 amp ESC and 450 mah packs, but I wouldn't add any more weight after that. Go easy on the glue. If you add a few grams here and there it really starts to add up and soon you have a really heavy airplane. Try to keep the flying weight to 6.5 oz or less with battery and you will really enjoy the airframe.

I can't give away the wing area but I'll say it's more than the Crack Yak.

We really did choose the Power Combo components specifically for this plane and the CYL, and they work great together and reasonable prices. I have run the Hacker A10-9L in this size as well and honestly I like the CS 2203 better....it mounts easier, runs smoother, starts easier, and runs cooler.
cwojcik is online now Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Apr 08, 2013, 08:17 AM
Team Twisted!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishawhunk View Post
Won't the crack yak 55 set up be ok on this plane?
Yes... however.... it was designed for optimum performance (and assembly - servo cut outs, etc) using the Lite Power Combo.
http://www.twistedhobbys.com/Power-C...Digital-32.htm
cdee
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Old Apr 08, 2013, 09:09 AM
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
1,138 Posts
Do you know if/when this model will be available from rc-factory.eu or stores in the UK?
jcansdale is offline Find More Posts by jcansdale
Old Apr 08, 2013, 11:30 AM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Apr 2011
663 Posts
Dangit, I just lost all self control after seeing the indoor video. Got a green one coming with all the goodies. Love my TH slick, so looking forward to flying this one
kohersh is online now Find More Posts by kohersh
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 08, 2013, 11:35 AM
East Texas
Joined Nov 2008
680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R6iuP6nLGU

Short teaser video is here. Enjoy!

Full length video with some outdoor flying will be available later this week.
Some of the best precision 3D flying I have ever seen! GREAT job!
Mofroggy
MOfroggy is offline Find More Posts by MOfroggy
Old Apr 08, 2013, 12:29 PM
Newpaltz, NY
Joined Dec 2009
248 Posts
Wow superb flying! That model looks like a precision / 3D dream. I guess I will hold up on the yellow Pitts for this.
JMeyers is offline Find More Posts by JMeyers
Old Apr 08, 2013, 12:41 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R6iuP6nLGU

Short teaser video is here. Enjoy!

Full length video with some outdoor flying will be available later this week.
That's some badass stuff there Cody! Awesome!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Apr 08, 2013, 03:38 PM
United Kingdom, Worthing
Joined May 2008
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcansdale View Post
Do you know if/when this model will be available from rc-factory.eu or stores in the UK?
Could possibly be here by this Friday but more likely early next week Mark.
SparkyMarki is offline Find More Posts by SparkyMarki
Old Apr 08, 2013, 03:55 PM
United States, FL, Keystone Heights
Joined Dec 2012
637 Posts
I ordered the laser late friday night, around 10:30 or so.... came home from work today (monday) and here she sits.

thats the number 2 reason i order TH planes.
their planes are #1 of course.

the green color looks NICE. i really like the star pattern. wasnt sure of it at first. but now, man its very well detailed. graphics look very nice. I love the stars on the elevator. just a super clean looking plane.

i'll post some pics tonight or tomorrow. should have her flying by the weekend.
swampflyer is offline Find More Posts by swampflyer
Old Apr 08, 2013, 04:56 PM
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
1,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyMarki View Post
Could possibly be here by this Friday but more likely early next week
You'll probably find I order one in a moment of weakness. I feel like a bit of a hooligan with my Crack Yak on 3s at our local indoor. That's my excuse anyway.

Will you have any digital servos to go with it?
jcansdale is offline Find More Posts by jcansdale
Old Apr 08, 2013, 08:58 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,511 Posts
Looks great C! I've gotta try one of these..
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens