SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 07, 2004, 03:25 PM
Morristown,TN
Joined Oct 2003
290 Posts
Cool
My new plane came today!

I got my RCM Trainer .40 today it really nice and all it came with XLS-40 magum engine and a hitech Radio 4Channel with 4 servo, photo to be advable soon.

Any comment, like Fuel type to buy, or anything that might be usefully i really thanks you for the comment.

Thanks
Kevin
glowpwer flyer is offline Find More Posts by glowpwer flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2004, 03:37 PM
Seymour, IN
Joined Nov 2003
40 Posts
The RCM Trainer is almost a legend for trainer aircraft. The wing airfoil is a semi-semmetrical which is advanced over the flat-bottom of most trainers. This means better performance without losing the inherent stability of the flat wing bottom.
The aircraft will perform well and is forgiving enough for training.
Charge the batteries, use a 5 or 10 percent fuel. Start with a 10X6 prop and test the engine for top end performance and idle reliability. Range check the radio. Balance the aircraft per the instructions. Beginners ALWAYS need an instructor. First flights should determine if control movements need to be adjusted, what the stall is like and general flight characteristics.
Take your time and if corrections or adjustment are required, do them one at a time with a trial flight to determine if the proper results are achieved.
First flights should NOT be in excessive wind. Use rudder inputs to steer the aircraft into the wind for takeoff and allow plenty of time to achieve ground speed prior to lift off. Have Fun !!!!
Corsair Driver is offline Find More Posts by Corsair Driver
Old Jan 07, 2004, 04:21 PM
Morristown,TN
Joined Oct 2003
290 Posts
Ok thank lot, that help lot

Kevin
Old Jan 08, 2004, 01:28 AM
It's the last plane honey
Granite Bay, CA USA
Joined Jul 2003
2,133 Posts
Kevin,

Congratulations on your new plane! Hopefully you can get out to your local flying field and enlist the help of an experienced pilot so that you can safely enjoy your new acquisition.

Remember, altitude is your friend, get up high, make some large circles, and bring her in for a nice controlled landing.

Good luck,

Andy
SlowRider is offline Find More Posts by SlowRider
Old Jan 09, 2004, 02:11 PM
Morristown,TN
Joined Oct 2003
290 Posts
Yeah thanks for the comment guys, but i am having to much trouble putting it together :-( may take to long to fix ::sigh::

Kevin