HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2013, 03:02 AM
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2010
237 Posts
Discussion
Brushless Camera Gimbal and BGC

So, i just purchased the CopterFrames.com TwoDee Evo Brushless camera gimbal and i am really looking forward to receiving it. I have a few questions

I am running the APM 2.5+ and it supports camera stabilization, but i believe this would only support servos correct? I am going for professional aerial photography stability.

So, do i need to purchase a separate controller to stabilize this camera? And is it stand alone and if not will it be compatible with the APM 2.5 FC?

I really appreciate ANY help and im not really getting much from else where, im just really in a spot where im stuck

ANY help much appreciated!

Thanks!
onlinegamesnz is offline Find More Posts by onlinegamesnz
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2013, 09:01 AM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Feb 2011
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinegamesnz View Post
So, i just purchased the CopterFrames.com TwoDee Evo Brushless camera gimbal and i am really looking forward to receiving it. I have a few questions

I am running the APM 2.5+ and it supports camera stabilization, but i believe this would only support servos correct? I am going for professional aerial photography stability.

So, do i need to purchase a separate controller to stabilize this camera? And is it stand alone and if not will it be compatible with the APM 2.5 FC?

I really appreciate ANY help and im not really getting much from else where, im just really in a spot where im stuck

ANY help much appreciated!

Thanks!

on copterframe.com, they say that the controller is included, you should ask what controller it is. If not included you will need to buy a brushless gimbal controller. They get easier to find from day to day.
bananawhiz is offline Find More Posts by bananawhiz
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:14 AM
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2010
237 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

http://www.copterframes.com/index.ph...product_id=129

"EVO brushless set comes without brushless motors and gimbal controller."

Where did you see this?

Thanks
Old Mar 31, 2013, 02:18 PM
Joined Jul 2012
81 Posts
What motors did you order? i think you need a seprate controller which can handle the brushless directcrive motors.
See what they say about the 4008 motors. it looks lige you need a Alexmos or Martinez brushless gimbal controller.
mikkeljunker is offline Find More Posts by mikkeljunker
Old Mar 31, 2013, 04:30 PM
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2010
237 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

I ordered these motors http://www.copterframes.com/index.ph...product_id=127

Also, with the AlexMos BGC can i control the gimbal from 2 channels on my receiver still?

Thanks
Old Apr 01, 2013, 03:37 AM
USA
Joined Aug 2009
813 Posts
this does not look like a well thought out design. there is no way to balance for the height of the camera. if I'm missing something please let me know.
importon is offline Find More Posts by importon