HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by tailskid2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 12:19 AM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,300 Posts
Discussion
Glassed with Eze-Kote

I guess it is about time I at least spell the name of the product correctly It is Eze-Kote.

Anyway here are the results:

Bare framework or wood:

930g; 32.7 oz.

After one coat of Eze-Kote (brushed on and sanded very lightly):

950g; 33.7 oz.

Glass (Sig .75oz cloth) and attached with one coat of Eze-Kote:

1020g; 35.9 oz.

So you can see the .40 sized Dragon Lady gained 90g or 3.2oz. Now I will have to add one more coat, maybe two before I add some 'primer' (that's so I can see all my bumps and Bo Bo's). I'm thinking now of using some HobbyPoxy paint - I still have a couple of cans left and one gallon of thinner (three other gallons have evaporated in the sealed cans; well they weren't sealed that good I guess). Wife wants a Blue and Green color scheme....something with starbursts on the wing - going to have to do some head scratching for a pattern on the fuse and tail feathers.

Speaking of the tail feathers, they are not attached to the plane yet - I'll prime and sand them first as it is easier to do while flat on the bench as opposed to being sanded while glued in place. I noticed the bottom front hatch that fits ahead of the wing isn't in place yet either; might have to read the 'destructions' as to why that wasn't glued in place already; bet it has something to do with the tank.

I am impressed with the drying time of the Eze-Kote; by the time you finish with one coat on everything, you can lay on another coat (sanding in between). I've used up about 1/2 of the 500ml container. Oh, I spilled some on a towel last night and boy it that spot is very hard today!
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 30 cc Sbach flies!
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2013, 07:01 AM
Crasher
Joined Oct 2013
39 Posts
The dragn lady gained weight! Hahaha
Ok, have you tried other stuff like polyutherane or polycrilic?
Which one is better?
theepicflyer is offline Find More Posts by theepicflyer
Old Oct 06, 2013, 04:29 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,300 Posts
No, but I 'usually' use epoxy with my cloth....I don't think I'll go back to them that's for sure.
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 30 cc Sbach flies!