HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2013, 02:06 AM
Joined Dec 2007
574 Posts
lol, so correct! haha, fits my rctimer motors perfectly though!

3 bolt prop mount.... blagh...

ok Beta revision #1 coming right up! thanks for point it out before i printed it!

cheers
ed

EDIT : Updated to v1.02

http://www.shapeways.com/model/10072...ductBox-search

ed_jza80 is offline Find More Posts by ed_jza80
Last edited by ed_jza80; Apr 02, 2013 at 03:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2013, 04:27 AM
Joined Dec 2007
574 Posts
and finally option #1 for more conventional 'hang' mount
(instead of the funky X-member for my frame!)

http://www.shapeways.com/model/10078...2288d58be8aa05

without screws, orings, and motors etc, the complete gimbal weighs 36grams!

again, .stl file directly downloadable from shapeways
edit - just edited it to include the antivibration mount

Last edited by ed_jza80; Apr 02, 2013 at 05:33 AM.
Old Apr 02, 2013, 04:36 AM
ma:re
Joined Nov 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_jza80 View Post
Ok here's mine...

SkyLight SBG
Opensource 3D Printable Gimbal v1.01
(note - currently BETA... still yet to be held in human hands and tested!)

for use with: Flyduino 2208 Brushless motors
IMU mount-pad dimensions designed for the Alex Mos Controller (23mmx23mm)

Shapeways link:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/RapidSequence

.stl file is downloadable through the shapeways pages
(ill do it that way, so with updates, and modifications for other mounts etc, the latest file is available with the model. saves trying to keep track of version updates in a thread!)

cost on shapeways is only about €45
(and thats including my large X-member mount)

Exra parts needed
M2 x 10mm screws (x8)
28x1.5mm O-Ring (x2)
Optional Lens Cover: Sternkreuz HW (High Dome, no step) 21.4mm
(i can buy a bunch of wholesale Sternkreuz lens covers, along with a bulk bag of orings if theres enough interest)

https://vimeo.com/63122371

Great stuff, thanks a lot.

How are you going to do isolation? With silicone bobbins between top and bottom?

by the way, the shapeway price for Europe is 58,71 Euros... weird!
mare22 is offline Find More Posts by mare22
Old Apr 02, 2013, 04:52 AM
Joined Dec 2007
574 Posts
isolation is already built into my frame, so not something i had to consider for my version.

theres so many ways to mount one of these suckers, that with the second 'hanging' mount that i just posted, i figured id get the basic shape there, and being open source, people can edit it as they please to suit whatever

if folks want an isolated, 'all in one' generic gimbal mount, i could spin that up pretty quickly and throw it into up for opinion

higher euro price = tax maybe?
Old Apr 02, 2013, 05:11 AM
Joined Dec 2007
574 Posts

something like this for example...
(edit - just updated my post above with the less generic vibration isolation mount)

double edit - just started a new thread with this gimal version - its heading away from my design, and id rather concentrate on that in this thread

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1864420

for use with x4 rubber ball isolators...

http://photoshipone.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=212
Last edited by ed_jza80; Apr 02, 2013 at 06:02 AM.
Old Apr 02, 2013, 09:50 AM
United States, VA, Fairfax
Joined Dec 2012
1,246 Posts
How does this work with the go pro 1? The cg will be off?
v00d0o is offline Find More Posts by v00d0o
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2013, 11:22 AM
Joined Dec 2007
574 Posts
gp2 is much heavier than version 1 from memory. i dont imagine itd be interchangeable. gimbals need to be setup relatively 'camera specific'

cheers
ed
Old Apr 02, 2013, 12:13 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,603 Posts
Quote:
gp2 is much heavier than version 1 from memory. i dont imagine itd be interchangeable. gimbals need to be setup relatively 'camera specific'

cheers
ed
So, instead of making them fit specific cameras (and motors) why not do what many others are doing and put in slots for mounting so things can be moved around a bit for perfect CoG - especially as the balance on your first one is as yet untested?
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Old Apr 02, 2013, 12:42 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
guys can one of you enlighten me ?

I am in the process of designing a gimbal for DSLR nex to gh3 etc. like alot arround already. Printer parts again etc.

Now having had a zenmuse one of the first gh2 zenmuses and having adapted it for the GH3 i went through a lot of balancing processes, since otherwise the zenmuse dosent calibrate.

No there is a balance point the zenmuse has which all the other gimbals dont seem to have which is like in the video time : 10:10 the pendulum effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jv0Xc67beE0

No need for it ?

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Apr 02, 2013, 01:19 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Oct 2011
84 Posts
the gimble I got, I raise the camera plate to get that balance point you have to get the 3 axis balanced as close as possable or you will see in programing graph that the motors are working to keep it level
countryshooter is offline Find More Posts by countryshooter
Old Apr 02, 2013, 02:53 PM
Joined Dec 2007
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
So, instead of making them fit specific cameras (and motors) why not do what many others are doing and put in slots for mounting so things can be moved around a bit for perfect CoG - especially as the balance on your first one is as yet untested?
size, simplicity, and generally wide spread use of gopros as an onboard camera makes it an easy choice

that, and i designed mine 'for me' but the files are there for anyone to take, and modify to use as they like... so go nuts and make it as adjustable as you desire.

and the perfect balance is one revision away. not particularly difficult design task
Old Apr 02, 2013, 03:03 PM
United States, UT, Cottonwood Heights
Joined Mar 2012
177 Posts
ed, nice design, one question-can a live out video feed still be used on your design? It looks like the pitch motor blocks access. Thanks!
tstrike is offline Find More Posts by tstrike
Old Apr 02, 2013, 03:15 PM
Joined Dec 2007
574 Posts
yeah, thats an overriding bit of feedback ive gotten ill make the ports accessible

cheers
ed
Old Apr 02, 2013, 03:53 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,603 Posts
Quote:
size, simplicity, and generally wide spread use of gopros as an onboard camera makes it an easy choice

that, and i designed mine 'for me' but the files are there for anyone to take, and modify to use as they like... so go nuts and make it as adjustable as you desire.

and the perfect balance is one revision away. not particularly difficult design task
Well, I don't have access to a 3D printer. Nearly bought one just last week, but probably wouldn't make full enough use of it. Plus, the 3 different versions of GoPro 3 (Black, White, Silver) all weigh different amounts and not everyone can splash out on a Black, but as you say, not an issue for you.

I suspect you'll need more than one revision though, as each one will be a guess as you try and zero in on the correct balance, under- and over-shooting it by less each time, so actually an adjustable mounting method would help you.
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Old Apr 02, 2013, 05:42 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jun 2012
100 Posts
I am selling my RusticWave Gimbal kit (in assembled). Please PM if interested. Also have two R416 servos in the box never used.
Rod Cole is offline Find More Posts by Rod Cole