HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2004, 05:43 AM
Gentleman, scholar and acrobat
Poole, England
Joined Mar 2001
409 Posts
buzzsaw,

Solvitol PTFE lubricant.

Sorry for the delay I moved house recently and have only just managed to track the can down. The can says that it is specifically designed to lubricate plastics.
Cush is offline Find More Posts by Cush
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2004, 10:23 AM
"DAMN WIND!!!"
Orofino, ID
Joined Nov 2003
112 Posts
Cush;
PTFE stands for Poly-Tetra-Flouro-Ethylene, more commonly known as Teflon.
An outstanding grease I use on nylon and plastic gears is Nyogel,
(Dow Corning 33 Medium) silicone grease. It doesn't seem to attract dust and stays where you put it. It will however "sling" excess from high speed gears but once it lays down on the bearing faces of the teeth, it stays put. A noticeable "graying" will appear if you use aluminum pinions due to fretting from the metal surface as the aluminum gear teeth wear-in.

Happy Trails
KB7URX is offline Find More Posts by KB7URX
Old Jan 29, 2004, 11:59 AM
Spring Valley. MN
Joined Jun 2000
4,458 Posts
Cush,

Thanks for the info. It had been so long since I asked the question I didnt even relize I was waiting for an answer, LOL.

My gears are still holding up fine I have about 1hour of time on it so far (I only get to fly on sundays at our indoor site) but I'm about to go kinda high voltage I just put a 14cell 1700aup pack together for my Aveox 27/26/2 the 10cell pack was a little weak.
buzzsaw 46 is offline Find More Posts by buzzsaw 46