HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2001, 07:26 PM
CA and NH
Joined Oct 2001
449 Posts
How strong is the glue with the Pico Stick

I just got my GWS Pico Stick J3-SD today. I wonder should I use the glue that it came with or should I use other glue?
xadmin is offline Find More Posts by xadmin
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2001, 08:06 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Use the GWS Glue that comes with the kit, it's great glue & you can cut through it if you need to replace a stick. Try & cut through 5 minute epoxy, the GWS glue takes longer to dry than 5 Minute but I would use it.
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Old Nov 26, 2001, 08:11 PM
Joined Nov 2001
43 Posts
I disagree, respectfully...

I find that the GWS glue never dries, and isn't very strong. I tried it once, and after waiting about an hour, that was it. Maybe it's the high humidity here, but if you ever want to fly the plane, I would stick with the epoxy!

mike
insol is offline Find More Posts by insol
Old Nov 26, 2001, 08:25 PM
ny
Joined Dec 2000
1,270 Posts
Have to agree with Insol I find the glue that comes with kit very poor Built one Litestik and worked ok built one of stik fd and that tube never dryed.
russ6421 is offline Find More Posts by russ6421
Old Nov 26, 2001, 09:50 PM
Slidell La.
Joined Jul 2001
14 Posts
The glue that comes with the Litestik does take longer to dry but it has held my plane together. As was said in a previous post, it is much easier to cut through this glue when fixing your plane.

There maybe a lot of difference in the quality depending on the batch. Also remember this glue is only meant to hold very light aircraft together (at slow speed).
tomahawk2 is offline Find More Posts by tomahawk2
Old Nov 27, 2001, 12:01 AM
New Milford CT 06776
Joined Sep 2000
621 Posts
I discovered that the glue will soften in the heat. We left my son's Lite Stik in the car during the summer. When we picked it up to fly it again the stabilizer had shifted and was now crooked. The glue kind of melted. I have used 5 minute epoxy on every GWS plane I have built since. John Tracey
JTinCT is offline Find More Posts by JTinCT
Old Nov 27, 2001, 02:03 AM
Colonial Heights, Virginia, USA
Joined Mar 2001
1,710 Posts
the supplied GWS glue seems to have the right amount of 'give'.....I've had plenty of hard hits and never had anything come un-glued and something must've give cause the foam part didn't break....Since that glue takes over-night to 'DRY'....I use a small amount of 5 min epoxy at 2 or 3 places on the part to hold everything fixed and straight with the GWS glue doing most of the holding adhesion....works fer me....kw
KillerWatt is offline Find More Posts by KillerWatt
Old Nov 27, 2001, 10:52 AM
Dallas,TX
Joined Jul 2001
1,656 Posts
I'm not sure if you have the stick of foam fuse version so this may or may not apply. I think the supplied glue is ok for gluing most things in the kit but I would not recommend it for gluing the wings together. I'd go with 5min epoxy instead for that job.

I just wish the supplied glue had a finer tip on the bottle. I found it very hard to use as is.
mattk17 is offline Find More Posts by mattk17