|Mar 24, 2013, 07:29 AM|
Brushless Gimbal for DSLRs by HD Air Studio
I decided to open this thread cause there was so many question and PMs that I can't answer
So here you have bunch of information I sent via PMs.
We're really involved in what we do and we do it professionally. Why? Cause this is what I do everyday in my small, but growing company (www.hdairstudio.com, www.vimeo.com/hdairstudio)
When it comes to the gimbal you are interested in - it will be available, shortly after Easter.
We use iFlight motor 4008 in this project (in 2-3 months the gimbal will be extended by the 3rd axis, I hope).
The final version will be anodized in black.
Camera plate size is 160mm and the back size (from the middle of pith axis to the roll axis) is 155mm.
Total weight is 580g, but after small modification I hope it will be about 500g.
The construction is very solid and stiff, really. We use PA6 aluminium.
Mounting holes distance is 150x147mm and there will be special antivibration system that we use in our others constructions.
This Gimbal was designed for all cameras from 300-1200g (NEX, GH2, 5D, Sony CXseries) But optimal weight of camera is about 800-900g. I hope it will be possible to cary even 5D thanks to adjustable center of gravity in all axis, smart design, that allows to adjust lenght of pitch's arms and very stiff and solid constraction (I use good quality materials), but I am not sure, we will see. For sure GH2, Nex or Sony CX730 will work.
Information Added on 28.03 8:47am:
Tests with Panasonic GH2 shows me that maximum weight of camera is 1100-1200g but optimum weight is about 800-900g for 4008 motors from iFlight.
Alexmos controller is very, very sensitive to vibrations. So if props, engines, copter frame are not balanced or you copter is flexible than it will cause bad reactions of gimbal in flight. This is very important thing because it is not a case of gimbal but first of all it is case of copter, motors, props...
I know that you would like to know the price - please PM me.
Preorder will be open afert publishing first videos showing how the gimbal works. After preorder will be closed I need 10-20 working days to send gimbals. It is connected with iFlight production time of engines.
First videos can be expected this week.
In response to numerous questions: Gimbal on the photos is not the final version. Final version will be shown when it will be done, probably in upcoming two days (Friday/Saturday 29-30.03).
I work on modifications that will be add to final version :
1. Roll axis support.
2. Place for IMU under camera plate.
3. Place for controller (45*45mm mounting hole pattern for M3 screws)
4. Shorten hight of gimbal to 150 from middle of roll axis to mounting plate (total hight is bigger as the pitch axis is adujstable).
5. Use Stronger material in rol axis.
6. Make the construction lighter - we will see
EDIT Time 11:29; 26.03.2013
I did fly test this morning. It was definitly hard test, as I was flying like crazy with default setings in AlexMos controller, on the wind 4-5m/s, just with DJI Naza, which as we all know is not the best choice for professional use.
I am really happy with the result. Especially that in normal conditions like for example day of shooting on the film set you fly smooth and precise. But such test are the best option to check if the hole system works properly even in such hard conditions.
What is also important: I put on the back of the gimbal two li-pol battery 4s 3300mah, so the total weight with Panasonic GH2 was about 1,5kg.
Video from 02.04.2013
|Mar 24, 2013, 07:37 AM|
Want to BUY?
or contact me at:
I n f I n I t y M v2 – C a m e r a M o u n t K I T
Camera mount suitable for all cameras form 300g up to 900g (Panasonic GH2, Sony Nex3-Nex7, Sony CX730 and all comparable cameras).
Sizes and features:
1. W = 152mm width,
2. H = 120mm high
3. L = 130-140mm lenght (depends on the center of gravity in camera).
4. Adjustable Center of gravity
5. Adjustable pitch arms for bigger cameras
6. Roll axis support.
7. Place for IMU under camera plate.
8. Place for controller (45*45mm mounting hole pattern for M3 screws)
9. Weight of camera 300-900g
10. Weight of gimbal: 615g
11. Weight with shipping box 1kg.
12. Input power range for motors: 12-16V DC
This camera mount is based on brushless direct drive technology. That brand new and innovative technology allows to get better results than classic servo base gimbals. Thanks to very fast response of motors it is possible to record a smooth and cinema quality videos. InfinityM gimbal can be adjusted to different cameras thanks to adjustable center of gravity. Gimbal must be balanced perfectly to achieve the desired effect of stabilization.
Improvements to the v2 version:
1. Lighter material and construction - total weight 610-615g (including x-shape mounting part and antyvibration system)
2. Improved surface with nice polished appearance
3. Improved roll support mounting (threaded holes)
4. Improved controller plate mounting ((threaded holes)
5. IFlight motors from latest series
6. Improved bearing mounting on pitch axis
7. Upgradeable to 3axis (as all InfinityM Gimbals)
#rd axis upgrade info:
1. 360° continious rotation.
2.The same sizes of X-shape mounting part as in InfinityM 2 axis Gimbal
3. Special place for additional battery to power up your 3axis InfinityM Gimbal without power cables betewn Bimbal and copter frame
4. All needed screws included
5. G10 paert for second controller and additional 10mm spacers for second IMU included (for those who use 2 controllers)
6. Weight of upgrate: 280g (may differ a little bit).
7. Motor used: iFlight 5206 150T
I n f I n I t y L – C a m e r a M o u n t K I
InfintyL is equipped with special antivibration system that can eliminate high-frequency vibrations caused by props and engines. InfinityL is powered by 3 iFlight 5208 120T motors. Construction of this gimbal allows you to hide electronics inside the roll arm (flyduino version). This improves the gimbal’s design, protects electronics and enables using the on-off switch (included in the set). Also the battery can be easily mounted with the 3M zip type. And, of course, we made sure that all 3 axis are properly supported by well-thought construction. We took special attention to the professional design – all parts are black-anodized.
1. 1400g including multirotor mount with antivibration system
2. Camera tray width size: 198mm
3. Supported weight of cameras: 1.7kg weight in the multirotor version or 2kg weight in the handheld version
4. 3x iPower GBM5108-120T
5. Operating voltage for motors: 12-16V
6. Aluminium, black anodized construction
7. Main roll arm construction allows you to hide electronics (flyduino version)
8. Only 4 scrows to change from multirotor to handheld use
9. Gimbals comes with preassabled engines and needs full assambling
10. All 3 axis can be balanced
11. Place for IMU under camera plate.
|Mar 24, 2013, 09:58 AM|
Canada, ON, Southampton
Joined Feb 2005
Can't wait to see some test vids. I'm sure my T3i and PV760 handycam will fit this gimble, just what I need. You can put me on the pre-order list.
BTW, is that small tab, that sticks out from the mounting plate, for the small sensor board or for a FPV camera?
|Mar 24, 2013, 11:31 AM|
Many thanks to everyone that you like it and for your comments and interest
This is the best reward for the designer, especially that I love what I do
|Mar 24, 2013, 11:59 AM|
Joined Mar 2013
Your brushless Gimbal
Hi, I am setting up a UK based company using UAVs at the moment.
I have 2 Skyjib 8s and am looking for a Gimbal like yours to carry a Nikon D800.
Could you give me some more details about costs, weights etc.
|Mar 24, 2013, 02:11 PM|
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Build Log||CarbonCore Y6 with AG550 gimbal for GH2 dslr||DerekB||Multirotor Talk||378||Nov 12, 2013 12:40 PM|
|New Product||Molded Carbon||Swift Gimbal||Multirotor Talk||5||Jan 10, 2013 01:04 PM|
|For Sale||DIY 3 axis Camera Gimbal for DSLR||helisfreak||Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W)||14||Nov 11, 2012 09:08 AM|
|Discussion||X468 Gator DSLR Gimbal on HD mount Tests||cdi3d||Multirotor Talk||0||May 08, 2012 02:25 PM|
|Sold||2 axis Camera Gimbal Large for DSLR or Trade||nicnaimless||Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W)||5||Feb 26, 2012 06:41 PM|