HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2013, 01:32 AM
Rockdoctor
Laos, Vientiane Prefecture, Vientiane
Joined Jul 2011
77 Posts
Help!
Graupner GR-16 Receiver Firmware upgrade

I have recently purchased a Graupner MX-16 transmitter. It came with an 8 channel GR-16 receiver. All seems to work OK, but I cant upgrade the firmware on the receiver.

I upgraded the firmware on the transmitter without problem via direct USB connection. The receiver has to connect via a USB-UART adaptor to the telemetry port on the receiver. The adapter and associated cables are supplied in the box with the Transmitter.

I downloaded the latest firmware and updating software from Graupner website. I connected all the cables as shown in their instructional videos. I identified the port with the USB to UART bridge and set that in the software. I followed the sequence of button press and power-up as in the videos, but the software always fails to communicate with the receiver.

I also tried to connect to the receiver with the receiver-setup module in the upgrade software but this also failed to communicate with the receiver.

I see that the port speed is 115200 which s faster than indicated in the videos, but I can see no way to change that in the current version of the software.

Can anyone help?
rockdoctor is offline Find More Posts by rockdoctor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2013, 09:02 PM
United States, WI, Waunakee
Joined Oct 2002
2,720 Posts
How are you connecting the receiver to the USB adaptor? I was following the instructions and the videos but found that they have a newer USB adaptor that does not require battery port. Try just connecting it to the receiver and see if that works. Let me know how it goes.

Mark Miller
Graupner dealer
Mark Miller is online now Find More Posts by Mark Miller
Old Mar 26, 2013, 07:44 AM
Rockdoctor
Laos, Vientiane Prefecture, Vientiane
Joined Jul 2011
77 Posts
USB adaptor

I am using the USB adaptor that came with the transmitter + receiver kit. It has no power wire. Just the signal wire and the common wire. i.e. exactly as shown in their instruction videos.

In my manual it indicates that the adaptor has all 3 wires, but you should remove or disconnect the power wire.

I powered up the transmitter with the pegular battery port in the sequence shown in their video.

Does the new USB adaptor have 3 wires to the telemetry port of the transmitter?
rockdoctor is offline Find More Posts by rockdoctor