SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 22, 2013, 04:59 PM
IYAAYAS
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Mar 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
SkyRover Exploiter by Auldey

Hi all, figured I'd make my first post as a discussion of my first purchase of the SkyRover Exploiter EX-001 by Auldey toys. Honestly, I am new to heli's so I have no idea what I really have except for a $49 Wal-Mart special that I don't believe I can't get any replacement parts for... but is extremely fun!

First things first, my name is Jeff and I'm from Cabot AR. I have always enjoyed anything R/C and still do! I got hooked on heli's after I flew my kids' Skytech M5 helicopters and wanted something a little bit bigger for me.

Since I have searched this forum and cannot find anything on this particular heli, here are some specs:

3 Channel coax
13" nose to tail
6 3/4" high
2 1/4" wide

Main rotor blade length 5 1/2", diameter is 11 3/4"
Tail rotor blade 3" X .5"

battery - 7.3.7V/1000MHA Li rechargeable
charger - output 4.3v 850mA
Website: http://www.auldeytoys.com/ProductDet...peID=63&ID=618

This information is just what I know from physical inspection or product website as no useful information can be garnered from the instructions. This is why I have some questions for those more experienced.

1. What is the appropriate charge time? Instructions (translated from Chinese) state it should be 80 - 120 minutes, but the red light turns green on the charger after about 30 minutes. Is this appropriate based on the battery type along with charger output?

2. Based on rotor measurements, does anyone know of replacement blades similar to what this has? It came with one upper, one lower main blade, one tail blade and 4 each balance bar connectors. Once those are gone though, they are gone. Just doing research for the future.

All-in-all, I am very pleased with my purchase. It flies/hovers very stable (for me) after I relocated the battery to the nose-end more. I plan on giving it some custom paint (can't stand that it says "EIPIOITEP" on the nose instead of "EXPLOITER") and tinkering with it just for fun and possibly working up to more experienced models. Gives me a reason to sell my old nitro car I think! Tell me what you think and feel free to ask about it, I'll answer as best as I can!

Enjoy some pics!
ModernPirate is offline Find More Posts by ModernPirate
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2013, 05:34 PM
United States, OH, Bryan
Joined Feb 2013
19 Posts
Just my opinion,but it looks similar to the JXD 333. as far as the charger goes you would be doing yourself a big favor if you purchased a good aftermarket charger such as the AC6,that is if you plan to stay in the hobby.
AthlonX2 is offline Find More Posts by AthlonX2
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:54 PM
Joined Mar 2013
1 Posts
i bought 1 for my daughter and does good hover right and left but forward and back has very little movement. any way to increase the speed?
ohgiver is offline Find More Posts by ohgiver
Old Mar 26, 2013, 06:11 PM
IYAAYAS
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Mar 2013
2 Posts
As I've said I'm really new to heli's, but other threads mention modding the tail rotor blades to make them larger. This has a downside (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I do not want to give any false info) by putting more strain on the electronics and can burn out the motor or PCB.

I personally am not looking for too much forward/backward motion as I am using this to learn the basics of flight and it has proven more than sufficient for my needs so far. That being said it is slow in this department, but that's what I want. Eventually I will move up to a 4 channel as my skills improve. I seem to have acquired a slight addiction.

I must admit I've learned a lot from these forums, especially about charging Lipo's correctly since that info was non-existent in the instructions. If you are new to this as well I recommend reading through many of these posts in reference to battery maintenance; I incorrectly used my knowledge of NiCad's at first and almost ruined them.

Jeff
ModernPirate is offline Find More Posts by ModernPirate
Old Jun 05, 2013, 10:38 PM
Joined Dec 2008
2 Posts
I just bought this same heli today except that mine is blue... I've had a few of the palm-sized heli's a few years ago. I'm impressed with this one.. it's easier to fly than the smaller ones were. However, I'm not experienced.. I'm just a newbie. The forward and aft movement on mine is slow, but that's fine with me for my level of experience. Jeff (aka.Modern Pirate), how are you progressing in the hobbie? Are you still tinkering in it?
grinningecko is offline Find More Posts by grinningecko
Old Jun 06, 2013, 06:35 AM
Joined Apr 2013
43 Posts
The New CX is a nice heli with the gyro locks on a heading and stays, much better. It's just too good of a learning. It was a blast to just play with, entirely too cool.
brett309 is offline Find More Posts by brett309
Old Aug 21, 2013, 07:06 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2 Posts
Help a mother out, please!

I know I'm late to the party, but I am looking for an antenna for the remote control for this helicopter. We have it in blue -- got it for my son for his 11th birthday -- and the antenna broke during a scuffle with his younger brother. BOYS!

Anyways, we have been searching and I'm really not sure what I'm looking for.

Can any of you point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much!
Stacy
20nic is offline Find More Posts by 20nic
Old Sep 05, 2013, 12:50 AM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernPirate View Post
Hi all, figured I'd make my first post as a discussion of my first purchase of the SkyRover Exploiter EX-001 by Auldey toys. Honestly, I am new to heli's so I have no idea what I really have except for a $49 Wal-Mart special that I don't believe I can't get any replacement parts for... but is extremely fun!

First things first, my name is Jeff and I'm from Cabot AR. I have always enjoyed anything R/C and still do! I got hooked on heli's after I flew my kids' Skytech M5 helicopters and wanted something a little bit bigger for me.

Since I have searched this forum and cannot find anything on this particular heli, here are some specs:

3 Channel coax
13" nose to tail
6 3/4" high
2 1/4" wide

Main rotor blade length 5 1/2", diameter is 11 3/4"
Tail rotor blade 3" X .5"

battery - 7.3.7V/1000MHA Li rechargeable
charger - output 4.3v 850mA
Website: http://www.auldeytoys.com/ProductDet...peID=63&ID=618

This information is just what I know from physical inspection or product website as no useful information can be garnered from the instructions. This is why I have some questions for those more experienced.

1. What is the appropriate charge time? Instructions (translated from Chinese) state it should be 80 - 120 minutes, but the red light turns green on the charger after about 30 minutes. Is this appropriate based on the battery type along with charger output?

2. Based on rotor measurements, does anyone know of replacement blades similar to what this has? It came with one upper, one lower main blade, one tail blade and 4 each balance bar connectors. Once those are gone though, they are gone. Just doing research for the future.

All-in-all, I am very pleased with my purchase. It flies/hovers very stable (for me) after I relocated the battery to the nose-end more. I plan on giving it some custom paint (can't stand that it says "EIPIOITEP" on the nose instead of "EXPLOITER") and tinkering with it just for fun and possibly working up to more experienced models. Gives me a reason to sell my old nitro car I think! Tell me what you think and feel free to ask about it, I'll answer as best as I can!

Enjoy some pics!
hello mr modernpirate..

after looking over your expoiter photos I see that it is what audley toys is now calling it a YW858401 EX-S01 Exploiter S..

http://www.auldeytoys.com/ProductDet...peID=63&ID=756

it looks like it is the same copter that I mentioned on my thread.. check the link above...

the battery is a 3.7v 500mAh Li rechargeable...

some of the syma s032g parts may work for you..

http://www.tmart.com/Syma-S032G-3CH-...d_p135010.html

their may be something you can use... they have a lot more parts for the s032 on ebay...

ckeck it out.....
mihcmac is offline Find More Posts by mihcmac
Old Sep 07, 2013, 04:02 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgiver View Post
i bought 1 for my daughter and does good hover right and left but forward and back has very little movement. any way to increase the speed?
hacking a coaxial for speed..

Coaxial RC Helicopter Hacks (17 min 25 sec)
Old Sep 09, 2013, 10:33 AM
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
2,485 Posts
I just picked one of these up, and like you, I found the charge time to be about 40 minutes, which is about half what the manual said.

Are you unable to turn yours on for awhile after charging it? I charged mine, and couldn't turn it on for quite awhile. I let it sit overnight, and I could turn it on the next day. Not sure if mine is defective, or maybe there is some sort of cool-down period after charging where it simply won't allow you to turn it on?

I also found forward flight to be really slow, especially considering the fairly large tail prop. It was unable to fight 3mph wind outdoors. I will experiment with taping a quarter to the nose and see if that helps with forward speed.
theimacman is online now Find More Posts by theimacman
Old Sep 09, 2013, 12:45 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
I just picked one of these up, and like you, I found the charge time to be about 40 minutes, which is about half what the manual said.

Are you unable to turn yours on for awhile after charging it? I charged mine, and couldn't turn it on for quite awhile. I let it sit overnight, and I could turn it on the next day. Not sure if mine is defective, or maybe there is some sort of cool-down period after charging where it simply won't allow you to turn it on?

I also found forward flight to be really slow, especially considering the fairly large tail prop. It was unable to fight 3mph wind outdoors. I will experiment with taping a quarter to the nose and see if that helps with forward speed.
you should be able to turn it on immediately after charging.. being brand new it may be that the switch is a little sticky and needs to be worked a bit..

coaxial heli's get forward motion by tipping the nose and letting the main props bite the air at an angle, the elevator prop on the back just changes the angle of attack.. the problem is the flybar on the top prop is designed to stabilize the helicopter, so when you tip it the flybar tries to level it again..

there are a lot of experiments you can try, like enlarging the tail prop surface or limiting the flybar travel and weighting the nose.. watch the video in the post before yours..

I have wondered what would happen if I turned the tail prop into a pusher.. like in the video below.......

Sikorsky X2 - testing tail motor autogyro (5 min 41 sec)
Old Sep 09, 2013, 01:35 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihcmac View Post
you should be able to turn it on immediately after charging.. being brand new it may be that the switch is a little sticky and needs to be worked a bit.
It is definitely not a sticky switch.

Are you saying I "should" be able to switch it on right away, or are you speaking from experience? I am trying to determine if I need to return mine, so I want to know for *certain* what someone else's experience is with this heli.

I am quite familiar with helis of all types, and I know that I *should* be able to turn it on right away, but maybe this one has some sort of safety feature, as really it is best to let it cool after charging, before flying it.
Old Sep 09, 2013, 04:01 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
940 Posts
Quote:
It is definitely not a sticky switch.

Are you saying I "should" be able to switch it on right away, or are you speaking from experience? I am trying to determine if I need to return mine, so I want to know for *certain* what someone else's experience is with this heli.

I am quite familiar with helis of all types, and I know that I *should* be able to turn it on right away, but maybe this one has some sort of safety feature, as really it is best to let it cool after charging, before flying it.
yes you should be able to turn it on right away.. it is best to let it cool for a few minutes after charging..
Old Sep 09, 2013, 04:06 PM
Flyin' Ryan
Joined May 2012
2,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihcmac View Post
yes you should be able to turn it on right away.. it is best to let it cool for a few minutes after charging..
I know, I'm not new to RCs.

Again, you said "should". Are you guessing, or are you telling me that you have this heli and are definitely able to turn it on right away after charging?
Old Sep 13, 2013, 02:25 AM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
940 Posts
Quote:
I know, I'm not new to RCs.

Again, you said "should". Are you guessing, or are you telling me that you have this heli and are definitely able to turn it on right away after charging?
yes I own the detailed skyrover exploiter in the attached photo below..

mine turns on immediately...

checkout my thread...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1989214