HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:01 AM
"Watch this!.... Oh crap"
United States, FL, Seminole
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
The RCTimer gimbal isn't even released yet so I would wait and see what happens there first. No one really knows at this point.
Ahh bugger... Any other light duty (GoPro size) BL gimbals that ARE available? all my searches are turning up prototypes, scratch builds, etc...
jhebbel is offline Find More Posts by jhebbel
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:02 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,924 Posts
None fully released yet but lots seem to be in development and coming "soon".
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:09 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
None fully released yet but lots seem to be in development and coming "soon".
Double bugger... Is it a production issue? the samples of the gimbals i keep seeing all seem to work wonderful, and they have been the buzz for almost a year now, so were are the production models?
jhebbel is offline Find More Posts by jhebbel
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:13 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhebbel View Post
Double bugger... Is it a production issue? the samples of the gimbals i keep seeing all seem to work wonderful, and they have been the buzz for almost a year now, so were are the production models?
Buzz for the last couple months, not a year, videos only really started showing up around January for these. Before that it was basically the Zenmuse. Most are in beta or near production. The boards only recently have been released in a few small initial batches. I think we will see more over the next month or so. Mostly just preorders at this point.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 26, 2013, 06:59 PM
Joined Feb 2013
87 Posts
give it another month and we'll all be flooded with chinese clones for cheap.
Kaen is offline Find More Posts by Kaen
Old Mar 26, 2013, 07:59 PM
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Feb 2013
987 Posts
It's my understanding that controllers are still in limited production. It seems that there were some changes to two main boards being produced. Alexmos is now shipping a version 2 board and this is just now getting to vendors. The Martinez version is now shipping version 3 of their boards. It seems the early versions of the boards are no longer in production so I think they wanted to get most of the bugs out before mass production to reduce the risk of unhappy customers.

Personally I have both controller boards and a gimbal on order. I received a shipping notice from ebay on the Martinez version 3 just today. I also received a note from armbgc.com that they are expecting some Alexmos V2 controllers on Thursday. I noticed they removed the Version 1 controllers from their web site last week.
CG Photo is online now Find More Posts by CG Photo
Old Mar 27, 2013, 04:37 AM
Joined Jun 2011
40 Posts
rctimer.com is blocked in australia it seems. I used a website called uswebproxy to view the items but cant add anything to cart. If they would allow me I would order one of these immediately and try the martinez controller with it. If that didn't work i would buy the alexmos one and I would still be laughing at the overall cost of such a nice looking unit. PLEASE RCTIMER LET AUSTRALIA IN
Mirage_84 is offline Find More Posts by Mirage_84
Old Mar 27, 2013, 05:08 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage_84 View Post
rctimer.com is blocked in australia it seems. I used a website called uswebproxy to view the items but cant add anything to cart. If they would allow me I would order one of these immediately and try the martinez controller with it. If that didn't work i would buy the alexmos one and I would still be laughing at the overall cost of such a nice looking unit. PLEASE RCTIMER LET AUSTRALIA IN
They aren't available for order yet so no need to panic, they list it as April 8th.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 27, 2013, 06:24 AM
Wish i was a flight pack
Australia, NSW, Bass Hill
Joined Jan 2012
332 Posts
I have no problem with rc timer in oz...
TNTJET is offline Find More Posts by TNTJET
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Stuff
Old Mar 28, 2013, 05:03 AM
I <3 Windy Days
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Aug 2004
216 Posts
I'm keen to see the production model and user reviews. Also whether they may make a bigger version to fit say a Sony NEX!
adamkerrnz is offline Find More Posts by adamkerrnz
Old Mar 29, 2013, 06:40 AM
Joined Apr 2011
134 Posts
Why i cant acess rctimmer website. Why??
louiealadph is offline Find More Posts by louiealadph
Old Mar 29, 2013, 07:11 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiealadph View Post
Why i cant acess rctimmer website. Why??
it depends... if you write rctimmer.com then it doesn't exist... rctimer.com is the website
albx is online now Find More Posts by albx
Old Mar 29, 2013, 08:43 AM
Hong Kong, Pok Fu Lam
Joined Sep 2009
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkerrnz View Post
I'm keen to see the production model and user reviews. Also whether they may make a bigger version to fit say a Sony NEX!
We will make new Gimbal for NEX in later.

Thanks!

Frank
rctimer is offline Find More Posts by rctimer
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 29, 2013, 02:16 PM
Aerial Operator
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Feb 2012
625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhebbel View Post
Ahh bugger... Any other light duty (GoPro size) BL gimbals that ARE available? all my searches are turning up prototypes, scratch builds, etc...
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/gopro-3-b...elicopter.html
swartzracing is offline Find More Posts by swartzracing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drone Cowboys
Old Mar 29, 2013, 02:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzracing View Post
broken link