SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 22, 2013, 03:32 AM
Joined Mar 2011
141 Posts
Careful!
Baby Killed by Remote Control Helicopter

http://www.ntv7.com.my/7edition/loca...ER_MISHAP.html

A fun family outing turned tragic after an 18-month-old girl was killed by a remote-control helicopter which crashed at the launch of the Paroi Youth and Sports Complex synthetic football field in Seremban last night.

Two others including the toddler's father were also injured in the 10pm incident.

The remote-control helicopter show was part of the event officiated by Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamad Hasan.

According to an eyewitness, the toy helicopter lost control before plunging towards the public.

It struck 18-month-old Nurdamia Husnina Banee Yamin who was being carried by her father, Banee Yamin Idris.

Nurdamia died upon arrival at the Tuanku Jaafar Hospital.

Her father was also admitted at the hospital for a head injury.

Datuk Seri Mohamed who visited the victim at the hospital, said he regretted the unexpected incident and pledged that the state government would set up an investigation board.

Nurdamia's body was laid to rest this morning in Taman Bakawali, Ampangan.

In the meantime, the 40 year old operator of the faulty toy helicopter filed a police report.

Seremban Police Chief ACP Saiful Azly Kamaruddin said the case is being investigated under section 304A of the Penal Code.
tycoyoken is offline Find More Posts by tycoyoken
Last edited by tycoyoken; Mar 23, 2013 at 04:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2013, 03:48 AM
CunningStuntsFPV
Australia, WA, Dirk Hartog Island
Joined Dec 2012
647 Posts
RIP little girl...very sad. This is a very rare thing to happen; it was an organised display, not a park flyer cockup.....not a bunch of noobs......just a tragic accident.
figgoat is offline Find More Posts by figgoat
Old Mar 22, 2013, 03:51 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
what.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Last edited by timecop; Mar 23, 2013 at 11:09 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 22, 2013, 03:59 AM
Manual will not flyaway :D
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Oct 2012
3,134 Posts
I don't think this is the place for jokes.

A very unfortunate accident.
ecks is offline Find More Posts by ecks
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2013, 04:01 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,353 Posts
Is this really the right time for that, TC?

Very very sad indeed. Gonna have to be very careful when I assemble and fly my first 450 heli... Not taking it to a park with people nearby, that's for sure.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Mar 22, 2013, 08:32 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jun 2011
101 Posts
Button2011 is offline Find More Posts by Button2011
Last edited by Button2011; Mar 22, 2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 08:43 AM
United States, TX, Clarksville
Joined Jul 2003
79 Posts
European Standards, Really ? I almost spit up my coffee when I read that.
s. cosby is offline Find More Posts by s. cosby
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:00 AM
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Feb 2013
931 Posts
o.0 European standards?
serrated is offline Find More Posts by serrated
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:42 AM
Shipped to work. Wife safe.
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
This should be in the heli forums, they're inherently way more dangerous than multis.
Thai is offline Find More Posts by Thai
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:45 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Button2011 View Post
This is totally the place where it belongs to, if you see the faulties of the S800, which are all caused by lack of testing and the fixation on profit, this is totally the result.

Just a question of time when an DJI S800 falls into a mass of ppl, killing some of them. You can't rely on the carefullness of the pilot, as we see here, you can be a bad-ass pro, accidents happen, you have to minimalize the source of errors, which DJI and many other companys don't do.
The main problem is that, specially DJI, is selling their products as "professional products", but they simply aren't, but ppl think they are and trust them too much. This is very dangerous.

This is why china neither america will get to the european standards.

It is simply not worth it, this poor child, only 18 months has lost his life, for what? This is simply not fair!
First off, judging by actual news video the helicopter in question was a 60 or 90 size nitro helicopter. There is A LOT of kinetic energy in those large helicopter blades. Compared to the 20gram 15" propellers on a S800, its on a whole different level. Not to mention that the 15" propellers stop on a dime when you cut the throttle, while the helicopter blades keeps on going for a long, long time after throttle is cut. A S800 accident would most likely involve lots of lacerations if the throttle was not cut fast enough, and some bruises from the copter itself if it fell on someone. But a death would be very unlikely.

Other then that I agree with most of what you are saying about misrepresenting equipment. In my opinion the biggest safety problem are people jumping in just for the sake of producing aerial videos, without any R/C experience what so ever. And as such they have no realistic expectations to how and where the equipment should be used. For example the thought of flying over a crowd of people, is completely alien for a traditional R/C pilot.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:58 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jun 2011
101 Posts
Button2011 is offline Find More Posts by Button2011
Last edited by Button2011; Mar 22, 2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:19 PM
Joined Feb 2012
531 Posts
looks like a .50 size , possibly a .90 size , people have died from one of those before. I flew a .50 nitro for 4 or 5 years and I only had one close call, I had it crash violently about 25 feet from where I was standing with a friend, I felt the wind as pieces or carbon fiber wizzed passed my face as I turned. It was really violent and we both were lucky. I feel terrible that this happened
Steve34 is offline Find More Posts by Steve34
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:49 PM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,578 Posts
I am trying to find out how this has anything to do with DJI ?.....How does an RC Helicopter accident have to do with DJI ?
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:51 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,806 Posts
. . . . . .
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
Last edited by daskim; Mar 22, 2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:59 PM
United States, CA, Brentwood
Joined Jun 2012
451 Posts
Those damned thing always made me nervous at the field. Tragic accident.
Underthetire is offline Find More Posts by Underthetire