Sumner, WA USA
Joined Nov 2001
88 Posts
1st Annual winter Rams indoor fly-in

1st Annual Winter Indoor/Electric/Rubber/Swap-Meet Flyin
January 12, 2002, a saturday. starting at 10AM
at Avionics Shop, Inc. hanger. Tacoma Narrows Airport
1026 26th Ave NW Hanger A, Gig Harbor, WA 98335

Heated Hanger. (Heater will be left on, from the night before, in case it is too turbulent during flyin with heater on.)
NO Landing or entry Fee's
ONE raffle ticket for every flight flown.
raffle tickets for "each" catagory unusual plane.
Rubber powered - RC or not
Rubber power endurance
Park Fly electric
Park Fly electric endurance
Park Fly electric aerobatic (?)
and any other catagorys, I can think of.
NO ZAGI'S PLEASE !!! NOT ENOUGH ROOM
no charge for swap tables. Actually we'll use carts that I have. Some carts are quite lagre

DIRECTIONS --- From I-5, take Exit 132, going onto HWY 16.
Continue to the Narrows Bridge, Right Hand lane. Immediately after the bridge, turn off. If you miss this one, take the next exit. Follow airport signs. Go under the Narrows Bridge, stay on this road to the top of the hill, turn left on 26th Ave. Stay on road, untill you see the twin contrete water towers. Go through that gate, then immediately go left. Go south to the 2 large white hangers. Its the one on the right. Park anywhere near the building. DO NOT BLOCK THE TAXIWAY !

Please pass to anybody that may be interested. The more the merrier.
Dan Neil
VP - RAMS
additional deatails at www.homestead.com/rcrams
danhoh is offline Find More Posts by danhoh
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2001, 02:28 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,937 Posts
I was going to put this up but I see Dan beat me to it.

This sounds like fun - a combo indoor fly and swap meet.

Gotta get my GWS TM done!
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old Nov 28, 2001, 05:58 PM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Mar 1999
1,613 Posts
If our own indoor meet works out in N.Vancouver on Sat. evening (in other words, if we don't all crash our small stuff at our 1st attempt at this), maybe we'll put together a "Canadian Contingent" and trek down for your meet in Jan. Sounds like fun.
Brad.
Brad Trent is offline Find More Posts by Brad Trent
Old Nov 28, 2001, 06:21 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,937 Posts
That was my intent in wanting it on this board. I'm afraid I'm not going to try to come up for yours - six hours of driving and unknown fun at the border for two hours of flying just doesn't do it for me.

Hmmmmm...... the thought just occurred to me that I should put my X-10 camera setup on the Slowmowatt and we can do indoor inflight video in Dan's hangar
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old Nov 29, 2001, 12:01 AM
www.toddsmodels.com
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
Well, if the Canadians can keep from mid-air-ing my plane I should be able to make it to Tacoma

I'll try to make it to Canadia this weekend. Will bring only one plane since only 2 hours of flying. At least it will be a plane I have not brought with me before.

Hey Bernard, why dont you go up to Canada? All you'll do is sit around and watch it rain all weekend

Todd
www.toddsmodels.com
Todd Long is offline Find More Posts by Todd Long
Old Nov 29, 2001, 12:03 AM
www.toddsmodels.com
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
airplane hang"A"r

clothes hang"E"r

Todd Long is offline Find More Posts by Todd Long
Old Dec 04, 2001, 12:32 AM
Sumner, WA USA
Joined Nov 2001
88 Posts
To Bernard..............

I'ved been flying my lite stik in the hanger...... I DO have a slomowatt............. hmmm, not sure there's enoough room.

Its almost a hand-ful flying the lite stik. almost. I can do figure-eights with no problem. Just can't relax.

To Todd..............

Love to have ya. Bring all yer stuff too !!! I'll buy some stuff from ya, for the raffle. So let me know, if you can't make it. I'ved seen some of your stuff, it shouldn't be a problem in the hanger.

To ALL. If this years fly-in goes off ok, except for the space..... If there IS a next year, perhaps I'll get the use of a HUGE hanger. I hesitate to try to get it this year, because its not heated. Any comments ??
Old Dec 04, 2001, 01:28 PM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Mar 1999
1,613 Posts
danhoh:
Our indoor event in N.Vancouver was a success in terms of attendance and fun, but a little tight for flying. Todd had no problems with his indoor plane, and several others had the right kind of planes (and 1 tiny heli), but the light sticks and Pico cubs, as well as my Bleriot III, were in constant turns and as you say, demanded full attention to avoid the walls and the pilots/spectators. So my vote would be for a large hangar, even though unheated, rather than a smaller heated area. Either that, or I buy a true indoor flyer!
Brad.
Old Dec 09, 2001, 07:07 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Nov 2001
127 Posts
No Heat So what

If you could get a larger hangar that sure would allow more types of planes to fly. If anyone that lives around here don't own a coat they need to move back to California
ebourlet is offline Find More Posts by ebourlet
Old Dec 13, 2001, 10:47 AM
Sumner, WA USA
Joined Nov 2001
88 Posts
electric fly-in updates

ELECTRIC FLY-IN UPDATES

Many of you have asked, through e-mails and in person, and I have a developement that should help decide if you want to come or not.

As of yesterday, I have a gentlemans agreement to use a LARGE hanger for that day. This hanger is a least 3 times the size of my hanger. Its the second biggest hanger on the airport. It has about 20,000 sq ft available. In addition, its a higher ceiling than my hanger. The only bad thing, is that its not heated. I will have heater available to "thaw out" on hand. It just won't heat the hanger.

In any case, an enjoyable time, should be had by all. The hanger is so big, I know I can fly my slow flyers in there and relax at the same time. Due to 2 columns, we can have a "obsital (sp) course, and fly figure eights around these columns. In addition, we will now be able to do the "Limbo" between the columns.

The hanger is approxiamately 100 feet deep, and about 200 feet long.

My hanger will be the backup hanger, in case the deal falls apart.
Directions are the same to the airport, when you go through the gate, just watch for signs.

COME ONE, COME ALL

Dan
VP Rams
Old Dec 31, 2001, 08:20 PM
Sumner, WA USA
Joined Nov 2001
88 Posts
Fly-in Reminder

A reminder to ALL....... about the First Annual Rams Indoor Fly-in, located at Tacoma Narrows Airport.

I'm encouraged by the number of "visits" this thread is gettting.

Its still looking good to be able to use the large Hanger, that I spoke of.

See you all there !!!

Dan
Old Jan 10, 2002, 01:43 AM
Sumner, WA USA
Joined Nov 2001
88 Posts
RAFFLE PRIZES

Raffle Prizes are provided for the Fly-in, by Todd Long of
Todds Models.

Don't know Todd's Models ???

Check him out at www.toddsmodels.com

Todd, THANK YOU, for your help with the Fly-in Raffle !!!

Dan Neil

P.S. The Fly-in is just two days away from this posting !!!!!
Old Jan 10, 2002, 07:13 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,283 Posts
Bummed

15 minutes away from my house and even on MY side of The Bridge and I have to work this weekend. What time do you guys think this thing will end?

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Jan 10, 2002, 07:25 PM
Sumner, WA USA
Joined Nov 2001
88 Posts
LOL, we get one in YOUR neighboorhood........ and you have to work ?

well.............. you got sick time available ?

it starts at 10AM.......... I'll probally start shutting down at 3PM

Drawing will be at 2PM

I spent most of the day today moving aircraft out, and am now able to visualise how much space there really is................
VA VA Voooom !!!

If nobody shows up, it will be their loss, I'll just fly by myself and hog the whole hanger. the sucker is HUGE..... perfect for these small electric slow/park flyers !!!!!

Dan
Old Jan 10, 2002, 08:38 PM
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Mar 1999
1,613 Posts
Dan:
A few of us from the "Great White North" are still planning to come down and try out your hangar. Maybe a contact phone # so that I can call for help if I get lost like I did last year on my way to Sumner? Thanks,
Brad.