Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 16, 2013, 07:53 PM
Bermuda, Pembroke
Joined Jan 2012
41 Posts
Discussion
Tamiya TA05 M-Four

Just thought I'd share my 1/12 M-Four build with any Tamiya fans.

The car runs a Novak Edge 2S ESC with a Three 80 6000kV motor. It runs pretty fast on the stock gearing, but it's a bit over geared for that motor setup. Last short run I temp'd the motor at 120*F, so still a bit more tuning to do.

It's been a bit of a PITA due to Tamiya using their special .06 MOD gears, so I've decided to just switch it over to 48P gears in order to have more of a selection.
The car's still fairly new on the market which has made it kinda hard to find 1/12 scale TC bodies that will fit. The one in the pics had to have the hood cut open in order to sit properly below the front shock tower, which really hurt my heart being that I've had it painted with the same paint scheme as my Compass 7HV heli. That hole also helps to send some cool air over the motor too. I 've since put aluminum mesh over the vent hole to make it not so obvious that it's not suppose to be like that. Yes, I'm going to cut the body post as soon as I get my Nissan sylvia body back from paint.

If there's anyone else out there with one of these, please feel free to chime in with some gear ratio advice for the same or similar setup. Thanks in advance.
DVUSHELI is offline Find More Posts by DVUSHELI
to remove ads between posts