HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 15, 2013, 02:52 PM
Picture a worm wearing goggles
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2012
1,888 Posts
Rant
Come on!

Why is Hobbyking the only RC company that can spend a week boxing up 4 items? I paid for a funfighter and lipos on Sunday and today is Friday. They are still packing the box! No other company pulls this crap! I should be expecting that package today but instead I sit here refreshing the browser to see if the lone elderly employee has made his way back from the depths of the warehouse to put the plane in the box. I have recently found other USA based stores that will be getting my business from now on. This is ridiculous!

Go Aloft Hobbies, Value hobbies, gonitro hobbies, anyone but Hobbyking!
snipeworm is offline Find More Posts by snipeworm
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2013, 03:38 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,352 Posts
It has happened to me before, depending on what it is I ordered. I think they have different warehouses.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:23 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,888 Posts
This is the US warehouse and it was all in stock.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 04:24 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,352 Posts
That bites. I have not had that happen.

Did you use their support forum to see what was going on?
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:01 PM
Clean up! The missus is home
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Dec 2007
594 Posts
I wish Hobbyking would stock more of their items in the US warehouse.
huntingfield is offline Find More Posts by huntingfield
Old Mar 15, 2013, 05:20 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,888 Posts
Just got an email saying the box was double checked for accuracy. Hope it ships today but I kinda doubt it.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:49 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
781 Posts
HK not the only one...

FWIW I just waited 2 weeks to get a tracking number from Target Hobby and that took an email prod....

imgumby
imgumby is online now Find More Posts by imgumby
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:05 AM
Intentionally left blank
Joined Aug 2005
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeworm View Post
Why is Hobbyking the only RC company that can spend a week boxing up 4 items? I paid for a funfighter and lipos on Sunday and today is Friday. They are still packing the box! No other company pulls this crap! I should be expecting that package today but instead I sit here refreshing the browser to see if the lone elderly employee has made his way back from the depths of the warehouse to put the plane in the box. I have recently found other USA based stores that will be getting my business from now on. This is ridiculous!

Go Aloft Hobbies, Value hobbies, gonitro hobbies, anyone but Hobbyking!
That has got to be the worst example of customer service I have ever heard of. Never has an RC company taken 4 days to pack a small order. Ridiculous!
HK should be ashamed to treat a customer like that and forcing you to sit at your computer checking to see any progress.
Your best option is to take your business elsewhere.
Magrat is offline Find More Posts by Magrat
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:56 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Really, the worst ever? Ever? This was kind of tame compared to some of the other HK and other vendor stories.

Best bet is to try other vendors. Nothing gets a company to sit up and listen like their bottom line dropping.

Given MotionRC a look too. US based, good prices, FAST shipping.

Also, FWIW, HK site is painfully slow tonight.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:28 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,094 Posts
This isnt just a hobbyking thing. Heck I just bought a plane from horizon that didnt ship out for 4 days.Albeit I had it the next day once it shipped (gotta love being close to their warehouse!) Its just the joys of online shopping. Which funfighter did you get? I have a sea fury and a rarebear. The seafury hit 120mph The bear is going on 6s
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:41 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,888 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
This isnt just a hobbyking thing. Heck I just bought a plane from horizon that didnt ship out for 4 days.Albeit I had it the next day once it shipped (gotta love being close to their warehouse!) Its just the joys of online shopping. Which funfighter did you get? I have a sea fury and a rarebear. The seafury hit 120mph The bear is going on 6s
6s! Cant wait to hear the top speed on that! I got the p-40. I like the look of the sea fury better but I liked the fact that the P-40 had a little more wing area and the way the top comes off may suit the camera and fpv tx I want to put in there! 120 mph FPV, Sounds soooo fun! It may not fit but I am hopeful!
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:27 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeworm View Post
6s! Cant wait to hear the top speed on that! I got the p-40. I like the look of the sea fury better but I liked the fact that the P-40 had a little more wing area and the way the top comes off may suit the camera and fpv tx I want to put in there! 120 mph FPV, Sounds soooo fun! It may not fit but I am hopeful!
Yeah the motor I'm running should only last around 30 seconds above half throttle but will be enough to get some serious speed Trying to set a club record isnt cheap.

100+ mph fpv is going to be insane make sure you are recording!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Mar 18, 2013, 02:19 PM
Shipped to work. Wife safe.
Canada, eh?
Joined Jan 2007
794 Posts
I've waited 3 weeks to receive a pico heli from a store 1 hr away. Yeah...
Thai is offline Find More Posts by Thai