HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:38 PM
United States, FL, Titusville
Joined Jan 2007
213 Posts
Help!
MK 60 size retracts

Greetings! I'm not sure I'm posting in the right place but I really need some help or suggestions. I recently completed building an original MK 60 Arrow with the original Mk 60 retracts. Unfortunately there is a small piece of plastic that apparently prevents the main gear from collapsing during side loading that has cracked in one of the main gear and I need to find a replacement (I'll probably need to replace both of them due to the age of the plastic). The gear function just fine otherwise. I seem to remember that MK sold these as items separate from having to purchase a complete new set of retracts. Can anyone help me?
propaplace is offline Find More Posts by propaplace
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2013, 06:14 PM
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
I have used MK retract. It was installed in Yoshioka Flash RS.
I think you want small sqare plastic part ? Right ??
Send me a picture, If it is right, I will send you used mk retract for free.
good38 is offline Find More Posts by good38
Old Mar 18, 2013, 05:35 PM
Raised on 80's Pattern
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Joined May 2006
1,337 Posts
Properplace,

Come on over to the Classic Pattern Forum.....Your'll feel right at home.

http://www.rcgroups.com/classic-pattern-flying-722/

I had the same problem with my MK retracts. I have a set in my Atlanta and a set in my Conquest IV.

Singapore Hobbies has some parts. I got some there for my Atlanta. You are right, the plasic gets brittle with age.

Doug
Fatherof4 is online now Find More Posts by Fatherof4
Old Mar 18, 2013, 08:35 PM
Raised on 80's Pattern
Joined May 2006
1,337 Posts
This might help you as well.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1424839

Also gives you a sense of the great guys willing to help on the Classic Forum.

Doug
Old Mar 23, 2013, 04:03 PM
Joined Jan 2007
213 Posts
Sorry for the slow response guys! Yes, good38, you are correct. I'll take a picture of it and post it with in the next 24 hours. Fatherof4, you've been to Singapore?? I was there back in 1993 and that was when I met a fellow, Mr. Johnny, who owned one of the neatest r/c hobby shops there. It was because of him I was able to buy my current plane, MK Arrow 60, that I have finally built (completed it in 2011 with hopes of flying it)! Mr. Johnny was great. I purchased everything I needed from him, plane, tuned pipe, header and retracts. So far I haven't even had the opportunity to taxi it because of the failure of that piece in the main gear.

I built my first MK Arrow back in 1984, when I was stationed on Okinawa. I wasn't all that great of a pilot but the plane was excellent and I even took 2nd in one of the local contests. One day when I was getting some practice touch and goes, where we flew on Tori Station, some local national female ran over the plane as I was taxiing back. I'm sure it wasn't intentional but the guy who was in the car with her ran around to the drivers side, pushed her into the passenger seat and took off. It happened so fast not even the local nationals who were present and witnessed the incident had time to get the tag number!! My baby was a total loss, the only thing worth salvaging was the engine, and even that needed the carburetor replaced. Unfortunately, I could never replace my baby until my trip to Singapore. Now it's full circle, I have the new "baby" but the leg won't work!! L.O.L.!!

So, I take it the Arrow is considered a classic? One thing for sure .... it is a "classy" plane!!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 05:11 PM
Raised on 80's Pattern
Joined May 2006
1,337 Posts
Proper,

No, I have not been to Singapore. Internet only.

http://www.singahobby.com/?q=node/23540

Not sure that these are what you need but take a look.

Your Arrow is CLASSIC!

Come on over and visit on the Classic Pattern Flying Forum.

Doug
Old Jun 06, 2013, 09:20 AM
Joined Jan 2007
213 Posts
Greetings! Can you ever forgive me for my slow response? I hope so. Life for me and mine has been a bit stressful of late but I suppose I'm not alone in that. I never forgot your offer for that plastic part for my IM retract. Do you still have it and are you still willing to part with it? If so, please let me know and hopefully I can make it worth your while. I took a couple of pictures and it looks exactly like the part referenced in the photo from Singahobby that you shared with me.