HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2013, 08:10 PM
Gainesville, FL
Joined Apr 2008
75 Posts
Question
Problem with HobbyKing shipping UPS

I would like to know if anyone has had a problem with HobbyKing items shipped via UPS. Since January, I have made 13 or 14 purchases from them. The only 2 that were sent via UPS never got to my house. The 1st was shipped from the USA warehouse, and the 2nd from Hong Kong. When I looked at UPS tracking, it said both have delivered, but I never received them. First I contacted UPS, but they say I have to ask the sender to put a tracer on it.

I order stuff all the time that comes by UPS, USPS, and FedEx, and I have never had anything come up missing. After the first package was lost I contacted HobbyKing support and installed a security camera at my front door, so I am positive the 2nd package did not arrive either. When I spoke (which is wrong to say since there is no way to actually speak to anyone at HobbyKing) to customer service, they mentioned a third party involved with shipping. Does anyone know what they are talking about?

It has been about a month since all this happened, and so far it has not been resolved. I would caution anyone who intends to purchase anything from HobbyKing. If and when a resolution is reached, I will post it on this thread.
xraymiller is offline Find More Posts by xraymiller
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2013, 08:30 PM
United States, AL, Gardendale
Joined Dec 2011
2,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraymiller View Post
I would like to know if anyone has had a problem with HobbyKing items shipped via UPS. Since January, I have made 13 or 14 purchases from them. The only 2 that were sent via UPS never got to my house. The 1st was shipped from the USA warehouse, and the 2nd from Hong Kong. When I looked at UPS tracking, it said both have delivered, but I never received them. First I contacted UPS, but they say I have to ask the sender to put a tracer on it.

I order stuff all the time that comes by UPS, USPS, and FedEx, and I have never had anything come up missing. After the first package was lost I contacted HobbyKing support and installed a security camera at my front door, so I am positive the 2nd package did not arrive either. When I spoke (which is wrong to say since there is no way to actually speak to anyone at HobbyKing) to customer service, they mentioned a third party involved with shipping. Does anyone know what they are talking about?

It has been about a month since all this happened, and so far it has not been resolved. I would caution anyone who intends to purchase anything from HobbyKing. If and when a resolution is reached, I will post it on this thread.
I don't understand the issue.

You comment negatively about HobbyKing when you readily admit UPS describes they delivered your package.

UPS had your package... they got it at HobbyKing.
DustBen is offline Find More Posts by DustBen
Last edited by DustBen; Mar 13, 2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 08:46 PM
Dixie Sky Devils AMA# 1015548
United States, MS, Tupelo
Joined Oct 2012
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustBen View Post

You comment negatively about HobbyKing when you readily admit UPS describes they delivered your package.

UPS had you package... they got it at HobbyKing.
DustBen is right! If UPS tracking info showed that you package entered into their system it's out of HobbyKing's hands. UPS is the one to go after it sounds like to me? Sounds like they might have gotten the wrong address? but all I know is if it entered into UPS's system, thats where the problem occured.
tupeloflyer is offline Find More Posts by tupeloflyer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tupeloflyer; Mar 13, 2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 09:04 PM
Need a bigger runway
Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata, Cabarete
Joined Mar 2008
248 Posts
Haven't had any issues with using UPS or USPS via Hobbyking in the last couple of month (will not buy anything from their Honk Kong store). What annoys me however, is paying for expedited shipping than having HK sit on my order for 5-7 days before passing it to the mail provider.
sandydr is offline Find More Posts by sandydr
Old Mar 13, 2013, 09:24 PM
United States, AL, Gardendale
Joined Dec 2011
2,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandydr View Post
Haven't had any issues with using UPS or USPS via Hobbyking in the last couple of month (will not buy anything from their Honk Kong store). What annoys me however, is paying for expedited shipping than having HK sit on my order for 5-7 days before passing it to the mail provider.
I think the only time HobbyKing hasn't processed and shipped an order of mine in 1-2 days is during Chinese New Year (Feb 10th, this year).... Then the whole thing goes out the window until they get caught back up.
DustBen is offline Find More Posts by DustBen
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:45 PM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
6,163 Posts
Hobby King and UPS, no problems here with about 100 orders from them from both the US and HK warehouses.
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:55 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,058 Posts
The only problem I've had with them was as a poster described above. Normally when I order from china, I'm not in a hurry, so just go regular shipping and they usually get it shipped out in 2-3 days. But one time I was in a hurry and paid for expedited shipping and it was over a week (8 days I think) before they even got it shipped out. Wasted $19 on that one. From us warehouse, I usually get order in 3 days.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:47 PM
United States, UT, Bountiful
Joined Jan 2012
13 Posts
I try and avoid UPS. I shipped Xmas gifts to my grandkids in Missouri and they never got there. It took three months to get re-embursed and a lot of continued calls & return calls. They just drop the package on the portch and let whom ever take them.
Joyfull Aircraft is offline Find More Posts by Joyfull Aircraft
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:01 AM
Gainesville, FL
Joined Apr 2008
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustBen View Post

UPS had your package... they got it at HobbyKing.
I stated facts. The first call I made was to UPS. Once again, they said I had to contact HobbyKing and have them put a tracer on it.

Please don't turn this into a 'I hate HobbyKing' discussion because I don't. I even made purchases after the ones that got lost. Fortunately, they arrived by USPS. I am simply trying to find out what could have happened and see if anyone has had a similar problem. If the address on file at HK gets my USPS items to me, how does it mess up a UPS?
Last edited by xraymiller; Mar 14, 2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:04 AM
Gainesville, FL
Joined Apr 2008
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupeloflyer View Post
DustBen is right! If UPS tracking info showed that you package entered into their system it's out of HobbyKing's hands. UPS is the one to go after it sounds like to me? Sounds like they might have gotten the wrong address? but all I know is if it entered into UPS's system, thats where the problem occured.
I thought exactly the same way as you did, that it is UPS fault. Why then do they require HK to put a tracer on it? Why could I not implement this tracer?

When I contacted HK, they didn't throw up their hands and say it's not their problem. They launched an investigation. Does that mean maybe the problem originated with them?... I don't know.

What I do know is two packages did not arrive. $500 of my hard earned money is gone and I have nothing to show for it.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 01:27 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Never had a single order not show up. This is 100% on the courier and you need to take action against them. It sounds like they left the package on your porch. If you don't have the tracking info, how do you know it was sent UPS? Why not USPS or fed ex?
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:00 AM
Gainesville, FL
Joined Apr 2008
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
Never had a single order not show up. This is 100% on the courier and you need to take action against them. It sounds like they left the package on your porch. If you don't have the tracking info, how do you know it was sent UPS? Why not USPS or fed ex?
I have the tracking info. And I cannot prove or disprove the 1st package was put on the porch, but I absolutely can prove that the 2nd was not.

I also agree that this seems to be on the shipper. Then why do they require the sender put a tracer on it?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 02:19 PM
Gainesville, FL
Joined Apr 2008
75 Posts
UPDATE:
I was going to check up on the investigation with HK when I noticed that my request was gone under “check your existing requests.” I then decided to call UPS and see what was happening on their end. They told me that nothing has been done to investigate my order corresponding to the USA Warehouse. It has been almost a month. HK assured me that they were looking into and initiating an investigation with UPS, and UPS says nothing has been done.

Thankfully, UPS was more helpful and was able to find a phone number to contact HK. I waited on the phone for about 10 minutes while UPS got the necessary information to start an investigation. UPS did tell me that there was action on the Hong Kong order but I needed to call UPS International. That one was just initiated one or two days ago even though HobbyKing said they would look into that almost a month ago as well.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:50 AM
Gainesville, FL
Joined Apr 2008
75 Posts
UPDATE:
Another 15 days has passed. I contacted UPS, made my police report, and UPS submitted everything back to HobbyKing. Since then I have not heard one peep from HK's online support. I did however get a phone number from UPS to talk with a real person at the USA Warehouse. She told me that there was a note in the computer (generated from Hong Kong, referring to the Hong Kong order) that said they were waiting 2 weeks. For what I don't know.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:48 PM
Gainesville, FL
Joined Apr 2008
75 Posts
UPDATE:
I just got another message from HobbyKing's online customer service that says "The investigation is still ongoing and we assure you that we are working closely with the shipping companies to have this resolved. As of now we cannot refund or resend the order, we will appreciate your patience with us."

Keep in mind that they flat out lied to me when they said they were working with the shipping company for the first month of this ordeal. And at this point I do not think they deserve my patience.

I told them I have started this discussion to inform all my fellow RC enthusiasts. I know we would all rather be flying then waiting for parts.